Kodi is setting my TV's volume to max. (when using
Hi!

Short version : when using my LG tv as external player, kodi forces its volume setting on my TV. I need kodi to stop doing this.

I am using kodi on a Raspberry under Raspberry OS. I never use Kodi's internal volume control because I have so many devices hooked up to my TV, I just set every single one of them to about 90% and use the tv's remote. That works fine with Kodi's internal video player.

But I prefer use BOTH kodi's own player (among other reasons to use automatic searching for subtitles) and my TV's video player because it just looks better and I get to use the full power of the remote. But whenever I use the 'play using..' LGTV feature, it takes the kodi volume setting, which, as I explained is preferably set to almost 100% and sends it to my TV, which is normally at around 12% for a comfortable level.

Can I stop Kodi from doing this? I can see how this is a useful feature in most external player scenarios, just not when using a smart TV's own player. I am surprised kodi can even use the LG WebOS player, it is really cool, but it's just not flawless right now.

I literally had a movie playing at 100% volume at 5 AM in the morning, waking up the whole neighbourhood because I forgot to check the volume level after using the internal video player. Neither my pet, wife and heart are happy with me.

Thanks!
It's a remnant from the past for shitty firmware devices, mainly from amlogic and others. This was used for their PT (in)capability. It is removed in v19 already - we could not remove it, cause of many "but, but, but, but" it worked for me ™ folks in Krypton :-(

Please try with a nightly build. Make a backup before, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-06-30, 13:29)fritsch Wrote: It's a remnant from the past for shitty firmware devices, mainly from amlogic and others. This was used for their PT (in)capability. It is removed in v19 already - we could not remove it, cause of many "but, but, but, but" it worked for me ™ folks in Krypton :-(

Please try with a nightly build. Make a backup before, please.

Thanks for the reply. So it's a known issue and no simple solution exists,. But it is coming soon. That is great. I'll check if installing a nightly build isn't too daunting for me and try that. I'll reply with my experience here if I do. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is setting my TV's volume to max. (when using0