Das Boot (1985) Series Won't Scrape
Hi guys - I'm trying to scan in Das Boot (1985) into my TV library - however, it won't scrape.  I just get 'Das Boot (1985) doesn't exist'

This is the 6 part TV series and not the film that was released in 1981.

I can see there is an entry for it over at themoviedb https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/65567-das-...uage=en-US

My folder structure is as follows:-

Das Boot (1985) > Season 1 > Episode 1 > Das Boot (1985) - 01x01 - Part 1.mkv

Any ideas why this isn't scraping?

Kind Regards
This works for me

It could be the episode names being Part 1, Part 2 etc is confusing scraper, as these are normally used to identify files in several parts, so perhaps try without them.
(2020-06-30, 15:28)yuljk Wrote: Das Boot (1985) > Season 1 > Episode 1 > Das Boot (1985) - 01x01- Part 1.mkv
You don't need to couch the episodes into sub folder seasons if it's only one season. 2 part episodes might be better handled concocted with MKVToolNix (wiki). In your example, there appears to be an unneeded folder. Naming video files/TV shows (wiki) that may be tripping up the scraper. If your aim is to conjoin Part 1 & Part 2 as one listing, use -cd1 and -cd2 with no space preceding seems to work out.

In your circumstance "Das Boot (1985)>Season 1>Das Boot S01E01 Operation Atlantic" might be better.
(2020-06-30, 15:59)jjd-uk Wrote: This works for me

It could be the episode names being Part 1, Part 2 etc is confusing scraper, as these are normally used to identify files in several parts, so perhaps try without them.

Many thanks for the reply - Tried removing the 'part 1' etc from the episode names and rescaping.  Doesn't work.  I'm wondering if it's getting confused as I have the movie of the same title in my library already, although the date is different 'Das Boot (1981)'

Also, if I navigate to file and right click on the series and choose 'Information' the only hit I get from themoviedb is 'Das Boot (1981)' - whether I try automatically or manually.

I guess I'll just have to have either the series or the film, as the scraper doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between the two.
I got the details from TMDB without having to do anything other than have the files named as in my screenshot to default scraper settings.
@yuljk

You are not going to solve the issue without a Debug Log, so provide a Debug Log capturing you scraping the show.

(2020-06-30, 18:08)yuljk Wrote: if I navigate to file and right click on the series and choose 'Information' the only hit I get from themoviedb is 'Das Boot (1981)'
If you are getting a movie result, then you obviously have your TV show in the movie section of your library and are trying to scrape it into the movie library.

Moved to Information Providers

@PatK Season folders have no effect on the scraping process at all, so it does not matter whether episodes are in a season folder or not.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-30, 21:14)Karellen Wrote: @PatK Season folders have no effect on the scraping process at all, so it does not matter whether episodes are in a season folder or not.

@Karellen   Yes I am familiar with this issue, but he had the video down two sub folders, and I wasn't sure recursive scan might have tripped up with some scraper... I guess I was too lazy to check. After seeing your latest response... and indeed if he is using a movie scraper in a TV source or got them mixed up, then that's the likely explanation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Das Boot (1985) Series Won't Scrape0