symlink not scraping
I am trying to move to using my FireStick to run Kodi instead of the Mac. I record TV shows using EyeTV which stores the mpg file in a package with a numeric file name. I run a script that makes a symbolic link to the file names and stored properly for Kodi to scrape the metadata. To run things off my Mac I had made absolutely symlinks. This is fine since it is all on the same file system. Now when I share the volume that contains the symlinks an absolute symlink doesn't work. So I have done 2 other types of links. One is a hard link and the other is a relative symlink. My preference is to use symlinks other than the hard links. All theses links have the identical name. I am running Kodi 18.2 on my firestick and on a raspberry pi. On both of those systems Kodi will not scrape either of the symlinks but will scrape the hard link. I know the raspberry pi system can follow the relative symlink and the hard link but not the absolute symlink. On kodi 15.1 on my Mac it will scrape all these links. Here are the log files from the Pi and Mac. I don't know how to get the log file off the firestick. It appears the Mac is doing exactly what is should and scraping the symlink file names. The Pi is trying to scrape the original file name. Is this a Kodi 18.2 problem or a problem with the scrapers on Android and Linux? 

Pi Log

Mac Log
I just unstalled 18.2 and installed 15.2 on my firestick and all works fine. To my surprise 15.2 will scrape and play all the various links. Good news is I don't need to rebuild my whole database with new links and all I need to do is figure out how to transfer my preferred skin to the firestick. This scraping issue is a bug in 18.2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
symlink not scraping0