No JB iOS install - AltStore/ifunbox/other
Hi all,

I am trying (and losing patience) with installing Kodi to my non-jailbroken iPhone X running ios 13.5.

I have tried AltStore but the app crashes after selecting ok on the 1st dialogue box. I have since read that altstore is not support yet. I am also reading that it might be possible to install if I use the latest BETA version of AltStore. Can anyone confirm and/or point me in the right direction.

I thought it might be because of some bad settings files from an on old (Very old) version that I used to install via the Xcode method. I stopped doing it that way because I got bored of having to reinstall every 7 days! I have tried to install fileza/ifile/ifunbox to find and delete those old files but not having any luck on getting those loaded either.

I also tried Just loading the ipa file (which I converted from the deb file) using iFunBox but that didn’t work either.

Is anyone able to help me get a working Kodi on my iOS device without Jailbreaking?

Thanks in advance,
Xsy
well, to install Kodi without JB there're only 2 ways:
  • reinstall every 7 days
  • get Apple developer account for $100/year
(2020-07-11, 23:02)kambala Wrote: well, to install Kodi without JB there're only 2 ways:
  • reinstall every 7 days
  • get Apple developer account for $100/year

Thanks for your reply.

I have been reading about: appdb Rickpactor are you familiar with this?
As far as I can see, appdb is yet another service that provides you ability to use their developer account (i.e. sideload apps for more than 7 days) for a fee (less than $100/year I guess). Rickpactor Seems like a tool similar to altstore. Anyway, all these tools need to sign Kodi first, and the only way to do it properly is either using signing script from Kodi repo or running iOS app signer (the latter you can't really automate unless you wish to try applescript).
(2020-07-12, 12:42)kambala Wrote: As far as I can see, appdb is yet another service that provides you ability to use their developer account (i.e. sideload apps for more than 7 days) for a fee (less than $100/year I guess). Rickpactor Seems like a tool similar to altstore. Anyway, all these tools need to sign Kodi first, and the only way to do it properly is either using signing script from Kodi repo or running iOS app signer (the latter you can't really automate unless you wish to try applescript).

So is that a no then?
(2020-07-12, 15:43)xsy77 Wrote: So is that a no then?

that's my understanding given the knowledge I have of how signed apps work on non-JB devices and the info I read about Rickpactor, I haven't personally tested it. But I bet that you'd simply waste your money Smile
(2020-07-12, 20:47)kambala Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 15:43)xsy77 Wrote: So is that a no then?

that's my understanding given the knowledge I have of how signed apps work on non-JB devices and the info I read about Rickpactor, I haven't personally tested it. But I bet that you'd simply waste your money Smile

You don’t have to pay for it. There is a PRO option (as do all of these services) but as much as I’ve been reading, it doesn’t seem to be necessary.

Is there no way to use the signing script from the Kodi repo as you suggested before?
(2020-07-13, 10:52)xsy77 Wrote: Is there no way to use the signing script from the Kodi repo as you suggested before?

no idea how that service works under the hood and which customisations are possible

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No JB iOS install - AltStore/ifunbox/other0