Wiki Cleanup
The (outdated) developer page: "HOW-TOBig Grinebug Python Scripts with Eclipse" is gone. If I look at it via the Archive link, it is just a skeleton. Even though this page was outdated it had several important pieces of information on it. If you like, I can create an up to date version.
Hello @fbacher

Is this the page you are referring to... https://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:Debug_Pyt...th_Eclipse

Before archiving I asked the developers for the status of the page and I was advised it was "horribly outdated". If you would like to update the page for v18 or v19, please feel free and I will move it out of Archive once it is complete.

Thanks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-15, 20:24)docwra Wrote: Cool, let me know if I can help anywhere.

I did the last major Wiki cleanup adding all the icons, simplifying the developer sections and writing the How-To articles.
Sorry @docwra, meant to come back to your post later in the day, then completely forgot until now. Forum needs a to-do list that we can pin posts to as a reminder Smile

Most of the clean out is complete. This is what has been removed...
2,917 redirects were deleted.
284 categories were deleted.
326 pages moved to Archive
280 pages approx deleted from How-To and Main namespaces

This leaves...
267 redirects
150 categories
339 pages in Archive
68 pages in How-To
462 main pages

A little bit more work required on Categories, and I am rethinking the HOW-TO namespace. Also Add-Ons need a clean which I will start on in a few weeks. I think it is fair to say that most pages on the wiki are a sort of HOW-TO page, so not sure why some pages are in Main and other pages in HOW-TO.

All that is required now are for old pages to be updated. 162 pages have been updated to Leia or Matrix, which leaves a more manageable 368 pages that need updating. A list of those pages for anybody wanting to help out can be found here...
https://kodi.wiki/view/User:Karellen/scratchpad

From what I can see, the biggest problem for our wiki is that it was treated as a Wikipedia where everything plus the kitchen sink was thrown in, rather than a straight forward User Guide.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wiki Cleanup0