Including Movie synopsis in View ?
Hi all.
Moving from W7 WMC MB to W10 Kodi.
Have successfully tidied up my 5Tb collection and rescraped with MCM to include Kodi metadata and background art with the appropriate Kodi naming (now someone will explain I could just have set a Kodi parameter somewhere which logically equates backdrop(x) with fanart(x) no doubt, but that's an aside).
Trying to replicate my MB format, having got that looking the way I wanted for the last decade

But the closest I ca get so far is this
Here's the question

Is there any way I can include the movie (or TV series) synopsis in the display as I can in MB ?
Is there some addon I need, or a different skin with this already optioned ?
Doesn't the "myflix view do it??
(2020-07-19, 16:26)Terry60 Wrote: Hi all.
Moving from W7 WMC MB to W10 Kodi.
Have successfully tidied up my 5Tb collection and rescraped with MCM to include Kodi metadata and background art with the appropriate Kodi naming (now someone will explain I could just have set a Kodi parameter somewhere which logically equates backdrop(x) with fanart(x) no doubt, but that's an aside).
Trying to replicate my MB format, having got that looking the way I wanted for the last decade

But the closest I ca get so far is this
Here's the question

Is there any way I can include the movie (or TV series) synopsis in the display as I can in MB ?
Is there some addon I need, or a different skin with this already optioned ?

They e are a number of skins that do what you want, titan bingie for one, and Swan, Swan in particular is probably perfect for your needs.
(2020-07-19, 18:00)ontap Wrote: Doesn't the "myflix view do it??

It looks like it should, (blanks out the top left corner where the synopsis could be), but it's just empty space.
Not sure quite what it means to be there, but it's not picking any of my metadata.
(2020-07-19, 18:04)ontap Wrote:
(2020-07-19, 16:26)Terry60 Wrote: They e are a number of skins that do what you want, titan bingie for one, and Swan, Swan in particular is probably perfect for your needs.

Swan appears to be V16 only.
Trying Bingie, having trouble getting it to do anything.
Keep changing options but it seems to be fixed in a simple list view despite my having disabled that in favour of the one I'd like.
swan works on leia  download zip , unzip it and stick skin folder in addons folder
https://github.com/marduklev/skin.swan-alpha
Look at this build on the auramod skin , should suit your needs. You could either download skin and configure it or download one of the builds and remove all 3rd party addons ?
Sorry , have removed link , it contains 3rd party addons.
Auramod Skin
https://github.com/skyfsza/skin.auramod
(2020-07-19, 19:23)Terry60 Wrote:
(2020-07-19, 18:04)ontap Wrote:
(2020-07-19, 16:26)Terry60 Wrote: They e are a number of skins that do what you want, titan bingie for one, and Swan, Swan in particular is probably perfect for your needs.

Swan appears to be V16 only.
Trying Bingie, having trouble getting it to do anything.
Keep changing options but it seems to be fixed in a simple list view despite my having disabled that in favour of the one I'd like.
Finally twigged the Bingie controls, but end up with exactly the same problem as in Silvo. Just a blank space where the info should be. Do you know where it's expecting to find the text it's supposed to be showing in the blank space ?
Go back into myflix view, press left to access myflix settings and check that info is enabled.
(2020-07-19, 19:40)Terry60 Wrote: but end up with exactly the same problem as in Silvo. Just a blank space where the info should be.
Can you see the info anywhere at all? Did MCM create nfo files for you which you scanned into Kodi? Post one of the nfo files to Kodi Paste Site and we can check if it is correct.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-19, 19:41)ontap Wrote: Go back into myflix view, press left to access myflix settings and check that info is enabled.

Yes Info has always been selected (I too imagined that would be showing some form of metadata), but it's still blank.
Bingie refers to the text showing in its examples as "details".
Do you know where it picks up "details" from ?
(2020-07-19, 19:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-19, 19:40)Terry60 Wrote: but end up with exactly the same problem as in Silvo. Just a blank space where the info should be.
Can you see the info anywhere at all? Did MCM create nfo files for you which you scanned into Kodi? Post one of the nfo files to Kodi Paste Site and we can check if it is correct.

The recent scrape has added .nfo files in all the movie folders, but nothing from them appears to display in that blank area. Is there some other setting I need to enable ?
Apologies everyone.
Clicked "Update library" and the info appeared.
Didn't know that was needed, as background and poster mods are immediately reflected without any Kodi interaction
Bit premature.
All the TV info updated immediately (even though I was in movies at the time), but the movie info only appears if I "scan to library" on every individual movie one at a time.
I can't believe there's not a quicker way, but I'm b*gg*r*d if I can find it !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Including Movie synopsis in View ?0