Identifying audio CD's
Tongue 
Hello, from what I understood, FreeDB does not work anymore. Whenever I put an audio CD, Kodi attempts to look it up and display a dialog reading : "cddb error 3 open socket".
So I'm wondering if there's another online database for audio CD's? CDDB still exist? Can I change Kodi options to use this other one?
Thanks
Gz
Kodi has now switched over to gnudb.gnudb.org as the default for CDDB, you do this yourself by creating an advancedsettings.xml (assuming you don't already have one for something else) see https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#cddbaddress
Hello I edited "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\advancedsettings.xml". Now it's :
Quote:<videoextensions>
  <add>.rm|.ex2</add>
</videoextensions>
<cddbaddress>gnudb.gnudb.org</cddbaddress>
But I still have the same error : (
Did you restart Kodi after making changes to your advancedsettings.xml file ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-07-21, 22:01)black_eagle Wrote: Did you restart Kodi after making changes to your advancedsettings.xml file ?

Yes and I even restarted Windows this is what I find strange.
Is this what your advancedsettings.xml file looks like? I note you did not show the <advancedsettings> tags.

xml:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
<videoextensions>
<add>.rm|.ex2</add>
</videoextensions>
<cddbaddress>gnudb.gnudb.org</cddbaddress>
</advancedsettings>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-21, 22:04)grendizer Wrote: Yes and I even restarted Windows this is what I find strange.

In that case, a debug log (wiki) showing Kodi trying to connect obtain info about a CD might shed some light on things.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks Karellen ! with the open and close tags it works great now!!!  Blush Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Identifying audio CD's0