• 52(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-09-17, 12:36)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 00:48)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 23:49)cscott1 Wrote: That is something you guys added that wasn't in the original Bingie nor is it in Netflix I actually prefer it with out the landscape art on that page but that's just my opinion it looks good but I'm a Netflix purest lol.
Well it's someone else's work and I'd rather not mess it up if I can help it. 

I think it's getting pretty close to Netflix now but there will always be a big limitation beyond the control of the skin no matter how many other changes are made.  Unfortunately, it's the biggest factor too if you really want it look like Netflix.

The limitation is the artwork.  Specifically the posters and clearlogos.  Netflix posters are designed really nicely, with simple subtle differences that make it fit for purpose. Predominantly light coloured poster all the way to the edges that make it well defined and pop against it's black background instead of darker poster edges that end up bleeding into a black background.  Also, the artwork is typically a nice big close up, appreciating the fact that it's only a thumbnail so needs a big clean image. Typical multipurpose scraped poster art has no reason to follow principles like this and so they typically don't.  These 2 subtle things end up making a  big difference.

The clearlogos are another big factor. Their artwork nearly always utilises it's whole height box (around 300 pixels or so) meaning no large gaps between the artwork and the movie info. And of course, it can extend much wider, making it a completely different aspect ratio to Kodi recommended aspect ratio. They also left align their artwork rather than centre align them so there's a nice uniformity with the rest of the left aligned details row, plot and additional information section.

So there's some tips to consider for users to improve their artwork because it's beyond what the skin can do.

By cheating and using the Netflix add-on to get their artwork you can see something that's very close to Netflix. Take away their artwork and you're left with something sorrier and less Netflix looking.

Bingie Mod 1.06 with Netflix artwork vs without
ImageImage

Looking at your two pictures another subtle difference is the info dialog of awards or extra info. to the the right of the red circle art. It would be cool if you could add a a few text lines matching the small font of something there honestly dont care what is even says or what its scraped from maybe the first three lines of extended info if there isnt a good place to scrape info of awards and director info or whatnot.

These two pictures are both bingie mod and therefore the “additional info” Section you’re talking about is the same. It cycles through various info (cast, genre, directors etc)

The difference here is that the picture on the left is currently cycling through its cast info. (naturally more text) and the right picture is on the Genre cycle which is naturally much shorter.
(2020-09-17, 13:03)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 12:36)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 00:48)HugoL Wrote: Well it's someone else's work and I'd rather not mess it up if I can help it. 

I think it's getting pretty close to Netflix now but there will always be a big limitation beyond the control of the skin no matter how many other changes are made.  Unfortunately, it's the biggest factor too if you really want it look like Netflix.

The limitation is the artwork.  Specifically the posters and clearlogos.  Netflix posters are designed really nicely, with simple subtle differences that make it fit for purpose. Predominantly light coloured poster all the way to the edges that make it well defined and pop against it's black background instead of darker poster edges that end up bleeding into a black background.  Also, the artwork is typically a nice big close up, appreciating the fact that it's only a thumbnail so needs a big clean image. Typical multipurpose scraped poster art has no reason to follow principles like this and so they typically don't.  These 2 subtle things end up making a  big difference.

The clearlogos are another big factor. Their artwork nearly always utilises it's whole height box (around 300 pixels or so) meaning no large gaps between the artwork and the movie info. And of course, it can extend much wider, making it a completely different aspect ratio to Kodi recommended aspect ratio. They also left align their artwork rather than centre align them so there's a nice uniformity with the rest of the left aligned details row, plot and additional information section.

So there's some tips to consider for users to improve their artwork because it's beyond what the skin can do.

By cheating and using the Netflix add-on to get their artwork you can see something that's very close to Netflix. Take away their artwork and you're left with something sorrier and less Netflix looking.

Bingie Mod 1.06 with Netflix artwork vs without
ImageImage

Looking at your two pictures another subtle difference is the info dialog of awards or extra info. to the the right of the red circle art. It would be cool if you could add a a few text lines matching the small font of something there honestly dont care what is even says or what its scraped from maybe the first three lines of extended info if there isnt a good place to scrape info of awards and director info or whatnot.

These two pictures are both bingie mod and therefore the “additional info” Section you’re talking about is the same. It cycles through various info (cast, genre, directors etc)

The difference here is that the picture on the left is currently cycling through its cast info. (naturally more text) and the right picture is on the Genre cycle which is naturally much shorter.
No kidding huh I dont ever see any info by my red circles is there a setting i have to enable? maybe I just pay more attention to when it doesnt display something which is a lot perhaps genera info should be excluded. like i said when its empty it takes away from the look.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Where can I adjust the red triangle percentage font indicator? Mine only displays something like this
(2020-09-17, 13:19)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 13:03)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 12:36)cscott1 Wrote: Looking at your two pictures another subtle difference is the info dialog of awards or extra info. to the the right of the red circle art. It would be cool if you could add a a few text lines matching the small font of something there honestly dont care what is even says or what its scraped from maybe the first three lines of extended info if there isnt a good place to scrape info of awards and director info or whatnot.

No kidding huh I dont ever see any info by my red circles is there a setting i have to enable? maybe I just pay more attention to when it doesnt display something which is a lot perhaps genera info should be excluded. like i said when its empty it takes away from the look.

The genre info is too useful to exclude to be honest, but I don’t think you’re seeing the big picture here.

Actual Netflix has tonnes of 1 line “additional info” metadata. In fact it has many with no red circle or its metadata but it still looks like Netflix.

Look at the picture on the left again and mentally take away a line of text from the additional Info section (or take it all out) and it will still look like Netflix and that is purely because of the artwork as I previously mentioned.

The really important metadata to get a proper Netflix feel is short plot outlines (2 - 2.5 lines long so you’re not just looking at a block of text) and codec info for the details row so the details row is a good length and acts as a divider for the logo art and plot.
(2020-09-17, 12:51)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 12:09)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-13, 15:43)stevenpaulletcher Wrote: Hi - my widget headers scroll with the plot. Any way to fix this please (without just disabling plot scroll)? Thanks!

Could someone help with this please - still happening with latest update with default font. If I change to 'original' font the widget headers do not scroll with the plot (but 'original' font s not sized as well as default).

Don’t worry about the video! Just read your message properly.

Wow, plot scrolls hey? Don’t you get full plot in video dialogues now? If not you should scrape plot outlines with your scraper. They’re shorter and look so much better.

Also for longer plots you will get full plot through plots & critics in the video dialogue section.

Just switch off plot scrolls for now and I’ll look into why the header is scrolling soon.
OK - thanks for the reply. Some of my plots are longer than the 2  3 lines provided even though I have Bingie options set to show plot outline. I'll try & sort that out my end, but if you could look at the widget header scrolling would be much appreciated.
(2020-09-17, 13:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 13:19)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 13:03)HugoL Wrote: These two pictures are both bingie mod and therefore the “additional info” Section you’re talking about is the same. It cycles through various info (cast, genre, directors etc)

The genre info is too useful to exclude to be honest, but I don’t think you’re seeing the big picture here.

Actual Netflix has tonnes of 1 line “additional info” metadata. In fact it has many with no red circle or its metadata but it still looks like Netflix.

Look at the picture on the left again and mentally take away a line of text from the additional Info section (or take it all out) and it will still look like Netflix and that is purely because of the artwork as I previously mentioned.

The really important metadata to get a proper Netflix feel is short plot outlines (2 - 2.5 lines long so you’re not just looking at a block of text) and codec info for the details row so the details row is a good length and acts as a divider for the logo art and plot.
ok I understand it just seems Netflix scrapes a lot more so Bingie in this circumstance seems sub par, dunno if there is anything that can be done to improve it. So another question is there an easy way to scrape Netflixs art without actually using the Netflix addon?  I know how to do it manually by pulling up My Netflix account on a web browser and saving the artwork from there and manually adding it but this is a very tedious task it would literally take me weeks to do in my spare time no thanks lol but if there is an easier way Im all ears.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-17, 14:03)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 13:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 13:19)cscott1 Wrote: No kidding huh I dont ever see any info by my red circles is there a setting i have to enable? maybe I just pay more attention to when it doesnt display something which is a lot perhaps genera info should be excluded. like i said when its empty it takes away from the look.

ok I understand it just seems Netflix scrapes a lot more so Bingie in this circumstance seems sub par, dunno if there is anything that can be done to improve it. So another question is there an easy way to scrape Netflixs art without actually using the Netflix addon?  I know how to do it manually by pulling up My Netflix account on a web browser and saving the artwork from there and manually adding it but this is a very tedious task it would literally take me weeks to do in my spare time no thanks lol but if there is an easier way Im all ears.
I don't know of anyway to scrape their artwork.  Netflix stuff is only going to be a small portion of your library I presume so you wouldn't even find that much artwork to grab from their browser.  It would be much better to try to select artwork based on their principals.  Logo's that fill their max height box, posters that are light, bright all the way to the edges and are thumbnail friendly.

Or edit them yourself. For the clearlogos,  I already mentioned a method to edit them that should take around 20 seconds max as you're scrolling through your movie/show folders. Look for anything that's not already filling it's own full height box (otherwise it won't work) and you can edit it Netflix style. 

ImageImage
(2020-09-17, 14:45)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 14:03)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 13:49)HugoL Wrote: The genre info is too useful to exclude to be honest, but I don’t think you’re seeing the big picture here.

I don't know of anyway to scrape their artwork.  Netflix stuff is only going to be a small portion of your library I presume so you wouldn't even find that much artwork to grab from their browser.  It would be much better to try to select artwork based on their principals.  Logo's that fill their max height box, posters that are light, bright all the way to the edges and are thumbnail friendly.

Or edit them yourself. For the clearlogos,  I already mentioned a method to edit them that should take around 20 seconds max as you're scrolling through your movie/show folders. Look for anything that's not already filling it's own full height box (otherwise it won't work) and you can edit it Netflix style. 

ImageImage

Yeah I use android for 100% of my kodi applications but I guess for making the edits I could load up my build or at least copy the the addons folder where my library is located and make some changes on my PC. I have a widget of Netflix Originals with over 100 of their original tv shows.  I may borrow all the art for that row and maybe expand the clear logos in the other widgets using the method you described in the winter months when I'm super bored I appreciate the advice thanks.
(2020-09-17, 15:23)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 14:45)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 14:03)cscott1 Wrote: ok I understand it just seems Netflix scrapes a lot more so Bingie in this circumstance seems sub par, dunno if there is anything that can be done to improve it. So another question is there an easy way to scrape Netflixs art without actually using the Netflix addon?  I know how to do it manually by pulling up My Netflix account on a web browser and saving the artwork from there and manually adding it but this is a very tedious task it would literally take me weeks to do in my spare time no thanks lol but if there is an easier way Im all ears.

ImageImage

Yeah I use android for 100% of my kodi applications but I guess for making the edits I could load up my build or at least copy the the addons folder where my library is located and make some changes on my PC. I have a widget of Netflix Originals with over 100 of their original tv shows.  I may borrow all the art for that row and maybe expand the clear logos in the other widgets using the method you described in the winter months when I'm super bored I appreciate the advice thanks.

Wow. Do you actually watch your Netflix shows on Kodi then? I have a few but only to remind me to watch them on Netflix
(2020-09-17, 16:14)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 15:23)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 14:45)HugoL Wrote: I don't know of anyway to scrape their artwork.  Netflix stuff is only going to be a small portion of your library I presume so you wouldn't even find that much artwork to grab from their browser.  It would be much better to try to select artwork based on their principals.  Logo's that fill their max height box, posters that are light, bright all the way to the edges and are thumbnail friendly.

ImageImage

Wow. Do you actually watch your Netflix shows on Kodi then? I have a few but only to remind me to watch them on Netflix
lol no I dont, I watch them on Netflix its easier and usually better streams. I just like making my Bingie build look so much like Netflix its hard to tell the difference including the widgets. Plus I share my build with a few friends and family and not all of them have Netflix. Hey speaking of making it more like Netflix could you take a relook of the circular navigation options Im sure Cartman would have just made it the standard if he could have figured out how to keep the menu and the proper alignment of the widgets. not sure its possible but its one of the differences that bugs me.
(2020-09-17, 01:22)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-16, 23:21)nazim12 Wrote: well for me everything is  good in last update. i really like spotlight fanart  background height and width with dark boarders but inner side bright pic, this is good

https://i.postimg.cc/Bn5sQtZC/image.png 
https://i.postimg.cc/RZ059d8v/image.png

a little more zoom will do great impact.
I forgot to add, what you're asking with the zoom is not something I'd be interested in implementing but I can show you where you can find these values. 

Also, not too sure if you're aware but changing these values will mess up your artwork, particularly the type of left focused artwork you are displaying in your pictures!

Ok tell me how to get little more zoom for personal preference . i would like to diffuse widget name when zoom will be little bigger (while zoom only).

I badly need to change the default size of update because on 75 " tv widgets look so small and very hard to see clean feature of posters so i made it bigger without loosing
Spotlight area things .
(2020-09-17, 17:20)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 01:22)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-16, 23:21)nazim12 Wrote: well for me everything is  good in last update. i really like spotlight fanart  background height and width with dark boarders but inner side bright pic, this is good

https://i.postimg.cc/Bn5sQtZC/image.png 
https://i.postimg.cc/RZ059d8v/image.png

a little more zoom will do great impact.
I forgot to add, what you're asking with the zoom is not something I'd be interested in implementing but I can show you where you can find these values. 

Also, not too sure if you're aware but changing these values will mess up your artwork, particularly the type of left focused artwork you are displaying in your pictures!

Ok tell me how to get little more zoom for personal preference . i would like to diffuse widget name when zoom will be little bigger (while zoom only).

I badly need to change the default size of update because on 75 " tv widgets look so small and very hard to see clean feature of posters so i made it bigger without loosing
Spotlight area things .

Nothing about your image is current bingie mod. Not just the poster size. Clearlogos far too big, significantly pushing down the spotlight row/plot/additional info. into completely the wrong areas. You’ve altered the spotlight pushing it too much into the black space.

I don’t like it at all but of course it’s whatever makes you happy. I just didn’t want anyone thinking this was something to do with me or a true reflection of what they’d get if they download the mod.

Regarding where to find the values, I can tell you’ve already been in this xml from your picture. The rest is just trial and error or aleast an understanding of what you’re trying to achieve.

What does your spotlight size want to be. What does your image size want to be. If image size is to be bigger that the spotlight area, where does the image sit within the spotlight.

These are all the things you need to consider.
(2020-09-17, 18:00)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 17:20)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 01:22)HugoL Wrote: I forgot to add, what you're asking with the zoom is not something I'd be interested in implementing but I can show you where you can find these values. 

Spotlight area things .

Nothing about your image is current bingie mod. Not just the poster size. Clearlogos far too big, significantly pushing down the spotlight row/plot/additional info. into completely the wrong areas. You’ve altered the spotlight pushing it too much into the black space.

I don’t like it at all but of course it’s whatever makes you happy. I just didn’t want anyone thinking this was something to do with me or a true reflection of what they’d get if they download the mod.

Regarding where to find the values, I can tell you’ve already been in this xml from your picture. The rest is just trial and error or aleast an understanding of what you’re trying to achieve.

What does your spotlight size want to be. What does your image size want to be. If image size is to be bigger that the spotlight area, where does the image sit within the spotlight.

No, i will differ, you cant imagine what i am seeing on screen , it look amazing , size does matter when screen size is big because when i install current update without my personal preference on my laptop everything is just fine i wont need to to change  anything but on my TV , it does need some changes . if i will send you my edited xml and  you install in your setup it will completely look different just  like you are satisfied with current update. Big logo big picture a little congested plot area is fine for me  . so my question is some changes in mode can be satisfactory for every one ?
(2020-09-17, 18:29)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 18:00)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 17:20)nazim12 Wrote: Ok tell me how to get little more zoom for personal preference . i would like to diffuse widget name when zoom will be little bigger (while zoom only).

Spotlight area things .

No, i will differ, you cant imagine what i am seeing on screen , it look amazing , size does matter when screen size is big because when i install current update without my personal preference on my laptop everything is just fine i wont need to to change  anything but on my TV , it does need some changes . if i will send you my edited xml and  you install in your setup it will completely look different just  like you are satisfied with current update. Big logo big picture a little congested plot area is fine for me  . so my question is some changes in mode can be satisfactory for every one ?

Sorry I don’t understand your question. Can you explain?
(2020-09-17, 13:43)ronnel Wrote: Where can I adjust the red triangle percentage font indicator? Mine only displays something like this
How do you still have the Red N on all of your widgets? That should only be showing for the categories widget.
Titan Bingie Mod
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0