• 64(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-09-29, 07:34)tankman37 Wrote:
(2020-09-28, 22:40)HugoL Wrote: We brought out a new update.

1.07 changelog:

- Added option to keep the slim menu static (Settings>Homescreen layout>Menu Options)

- Added option to remove profile from sideblade menu (Settings>Homescreen layout>Menu Options)

- Fixed red line indicator on slim menu disappearing if selecting same hub in succession. 

- Improved visuals for profile button on menu.

- Added DTS/DTSHD logos for Details row.

- Changed the font size and colour on plots to match Netflix.

- US MPAA ratings get their own logos on details row if enabled, either a rectangle style or a UK styled round version depending on setting (settings>home screen layout>Details  Options)

- Added a colour option for IMDB/RT ratings on details row dependant on monochrome/colour ratings settings in homelayout settings. Note: selecting IMDB/RT rating on details row also changes the footer ratings (if enabled), removing redundant RT & IMDB ratings. Studio logos won't work on this footer currently.

- improved MPAA flagbox/text on details row. Box now scales with label width instead of being a set width (basically means a better fitting box regardless of text width, especially useful for addons with unusual MPAA ratings like "Mature", "Guidance", etc."

- Fixed rotten tomatoes rating width on the footers so it's no longer truncated.

- Fixed % watched tags on widgets so their no longer truncated.

- Fixed label tag/overlay on landscape widgets not displaying properly

- Improvements to New Episode tag to match Netflix

-Fixed landscape art disappearing from episode view.

To do:
Fix  widget headers scrolling when plot scroll is enabled.  
Fix progress bars displaying incorrectly
Fix Studios not working with RT/IMDB details row option.
Fix bug with details row MPAA icons fallback to text not working correctly in Bingie Poster view library.
Cool, thanks. Do I just update by running "install from zip" or do I need to unistall 1.06 first. I had issues going from 1.03 to 1.06 and had to unistall 1.03 first as mentioned in one of your other posts.
Edit: just "install from zip " seems to have worked......carry on😎

Yep, just install over the top and if there’s problems for any reason, uninstall and try again.
(2020-09-29, 10:46)Skyline404 Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 10:24)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 08:16)Skyline404 Wrote: That would work. Is it not pretty? It should just start with with the premier date on details row now right?

Anyway, you should also delete the new tag and percentage liked from the grouplist too so it’s not looking for something that’s no longer there.

You’ll find the grouplist below the rest of the details row definitions.
Thats what i was i asking for, thx a lot

That’s a bit of a depressing looking details row though, no? Especially if you don’t have codec info
@Achiles  @HugoL    : When home screen single widget row (After  approx. 25th row)  will be solved ?
(2020-09-29, 14:27)nazim12 Wrote: @Achiles  @HugoL    : When home screen single widget row (After  approx. 25th row)  will be solved ?

I probably won't support single widget row but I have looked into this on multiple widgets. If we fix it here, maybe single widget row will get fixed too.
I had a look by setting up 35+ widgets. The focus position/widget height always changes on the 29th widget with poster layout.  Doesn't seem to affect landscape layout however. I think this ties in with @cscott1 issue.

Besides the widget height issue, having this many widgets turned my UI into a laggy mess.  How does anyone have this many widgets and put up with that??

@AchillesPunks 

One workaround could be to put another spotlight content widget at some point before the 29th widget, which should in theory, reset the focus to the proper position, just like the current spotlight content widget does. And I'm totally all for having a second spotlight content widget in between normal widgets anyway, especially if we can get it to customise content so it's different to the first one. Netflix actually does this now. 

No idea how to implement this though. I had a quick look how the first one was created but I couldn't work it out.  Any ideas?

1.07 changelog:

- Added option to keep the slim menu static (Settings>Homescreen layout>Menu Options)

- Added option to remove profile from sideblade menu (Settings>Homescreen layout>Menu Options)

- Fixed red line indicator on slim menu disappearing if selecting same hub in succession. 

- US MPAA ratings get their own logos on details row if enabled, either a rectangle style or a UK styled round version depending on setting (settings>home screen layout>Details  Options)

- Added a colour option for IMDB/RT ratings on details row dependant on monochrome/colour ratings settings in homelayout settings. Note: selecting IMDB/RT rating on details row also changes the footer ratings (if enabled), removing redundant RT & IMDB ratings. Studio logos won't work on this footer currently.

- improved MPAA flagbox/text on details row. Box now scales with label width instead of being a set width (basically means a better fitting box regardless of text width, especially useful for addons with unusual MPAA ratings like "Mature", "Guidance", etc."

- Fixed rotten tomatoes rating width on the footers so it's no longer truncated.

To do:
Fix bug with details row MPAA icons fallback to text not working correctly in Bingie Poster view library.
This is awesome, thanks for your hard work guys!
(2020-09-29, 19:15)spinecho Wrote:

1.07 changelog:

To do:
This is awesome, thanks for your hard work guys!
I would also like to say thanks very much for the work on this skin. Bingie was the only skin I really liked, but it had some flaws that niggled me - this is now pretty much perfect for me!
Thanks for the update, superb skin!
Great hard work as always, @HugoL  & @AchillesPunks. I'm still working on the progress bar issue, if ever I find the fix for this, I will immediately share it right here. Keep it up guys!
(2020-09-29, 17:20)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 14:27)nazim12 Wrote: @Achiles  @HugoL    : When home screen single widget row (After  approx. 25th row)  will be solved ?

I probably won't support single widget row but I have looked into this on multiple widgets. If we fix it here, maybe single widget row will get fixed too.
I had a look by setting up 35+ widgets. The focus position/widget height always changes on the 29th widget with poster layout.  Doesn't seem to affect landscape layout however. I think this ties in with @cscott1 issue.

Besides the widget height issue, having this many widgets turned my UI into a laggy mess.  How does anyone have this many widgets and put up with that??

@AchillesPunks 

One workaround could be to put another spotlight content widget at some point before the 29th widget, which should in theory, reset the focus to the proper position, just like the current spotlight content widget does. And I'm totally all for having a second spotlight content widget in between normal widgets anyway, especially if we can get it to customise content so it's different to the first one. Netflix actually does this now. 

No idea how to implement this though. I had a quick look how the first one was created but I couldn't work it out.  Any ideas?
I have a really good idea how to fix this already, and I'm 99% sure it will work. I just haven't gotten around to adding that many widgets. I will though when I can get back to editing things. I'm only available for short periods at time right now.
I have a M.2 Samsung 970 1000Gig ssd, and a 1000 ssd and with multiple widgets even my system slows a little, and it really does take a lot to slow it.
Titan Bingie Mod
Everyone please watch your language on the kodi forums. They make it family friendly.

I only say this after reading some of the post.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-09-29, 19:59)ronnel Wrote: Great hard work as always, @HugoL  & @AchillesPunks. I'm still working on the progress bar issue, if ever I find the fix for this, I will immediately share it right here. Keep it up guys!
Everyone really needs to think @HugoL for everything lately. He has done amazing work for everyone and on his free time.
Titan Bingie Mod

I always had about 35 widgets or so using the landscape view for widgets it never was a problem no lag no overlap on my Nvidia Shield at all but all but one of my widgets came from smart playlists in my library and only one from an add-on at the end of my widgets. I don't know why there would be any lag in widgets coming from anyone's library because everything is cached. Now if 30+ widgets came from add-ons or the skin helper widgets it would probably be a laggy mess. For the Poster view I have removed about a half dozen of my more obscure smart playlist widgets. To get my number to 29 and everything works perfectly but the fix would still be nice.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-29, 20:08)AchillesPunks Wrote: I only say this after reading some of the post.

If you feel there is a problem, just tap the moderators on their shoulders.
(2020-09-29, 21:31)cscott1 Wrote:

I always had about 35 widgets or so using the landscape view for widgets it never was a problem no lag no overlap on my Nvidia Shield at all but all but one of my widgets came from smart playlists in my library and only one from an add-on at the end of my widgets. I don't know why there would be any lag in widgets coming from anyone's library because everything is cached. Now if 30+ widgets came from add-ons or the skin helper widgets it would probably be a laggy mess. For the Poster view I have removed about a half dozen of my more obscure smart playlist widgets. To get my number to 29 and everything works perfectly but the fix would still be nice.

All my widgets were non skinhelper, non addon. So do 35+ widgets in poster view cause any lag issues? 

Now I'm wondering if it's poster layout specific.  I reset all my widgets so I can't even check if this was poster layout specific or not without adding all those widgets back.
(2020-09-29, 21:46)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 21:31)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 17:20)HugoL Wrote: I probably won't support single widget row but I have looked into this on multiple widgets. If we fix it here, maybe single widget row will get fixed too.

All my widgets were non skinhelper, non addon. So do 35+ widgets in poster view cause any lag issues? 

Now I'm wondering if it's poster layout specific.  I reset all my widgets so I can't even check if this was poster layout specific or not without adding all those widgets back.

The overlap is most definitely a poster view specific problem at least it is not a problem in landscape so it has something to do with the total height of the widgets on the home screen. I don't recall having any lag issues with the posters when I had 35 but I'll add them back to test.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0