• 83(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-10-30, 21:55)ontap Wrote: OK , what am I doing wrong ehere please ? 
installed bingie repo ( cartman) , then installed the skin , then installed bingie mod and am left with this frozen screen , have rebooted kodi a couple of times but doesn't change , 18.9 on mac.Imagen imac.
Hit enter or ok five times it clears that screen
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-10-30, 21:47)DROIDshield Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 12:54)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 09:44)DROIDshield Wrote: @HugoL

Just a quicky. You must know I've spent the last few days weeks figuring how to get my library working with folders. Now I have it all going, once the 1.08 is released you said in a earlier post install as zip. Will the backup from my 1.07 run on top and put all my settings in place? Or will i have to do it all again?

As there is no rule book to this skin, it needs spelling out to a few of us. Thanks.

The skin never affects your library/folder set up. It does however enable you to show your library in various ways (through widgets on Home Screen and hubs) and through views. Don’t overthink it. It’s that simple. If it’s not simple for you it probably means something is up with your library setup unrelated to the skin.

When updating, any settings you’ve changed in the skin will remain the same.

Show me a picture of your homescreen. The last picture I saw was your homescreen looking like a mess, incorrectly displaying filename+extension instead of clearlogos or titles.

Just in from work so time to get into this... good stuff. Your last message answered exactly what I wanted to know.

Here are a couple of pics. Things are coming on strong but I need now to understand .strm file's as I believe I don't have to down load the full movie to my drive, just stream instead? If this is so, my son has a online data storage company in Switzerland where he lives and has given me unlimited space. My library could become vast.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OVI4u2E...p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OURedC5...p=drivesdk

OK looks like you got everything working. Seems like your widgets are now pointing to the right place.
(2020-10-30, 22:00)AchillesPunks Wrote:
installed bingie repo ( cartman) , then installed the skin , then installed bingie mod and am left with this frozen screen , have rebooted kodi a couple of times but doesn't change , 18.9 on mac.Imagen imac.

Can you press escape or enter a couple of times and report back.

@AchillesPunks. We need to fix look into this, I’ve also noticed this problem.

Is this related to the defaultskinsettings version number thing we discussed the other day?
(2020-10-30, 22:05)HugoL Wrote:

Sorry I deleted that install befor I saw replies, any way , this time i downloaded cartmans skin and set it all up with PKC ( although even doing that widget rows are appearing even though I deleted all widgets in "home" and set movies and tv shows to a single widget ) but am not bothered cos I want to try/use bingie mod. So after doing that I installed the bingie mod and now am stuck with black screen , if i reboot kodi i get the netflix intro and then a black screen. I can long press on OK to bring up the bottom row of icons, enter settins menu from there and add widgets , but on reboot black screen.
EDIT:   started fresh a 3rd time. downloaded cartmands bingie repo, then skin. downloaded bingie mod , followed prompts for the skin to enable default settings etc , black home screen. long press on back button , into skin settings enble skin back up , created back up then installed backup, installed netflix color theme , rebooted a couple of times - BLACK HOMESCREEN. 
Maybe its a mac thing. 
I give up.
(2020-10-30, 22:56)ontap Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 22:05)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 22:00)AchillesPunks Wrote: Hit enter or ok five times it clears that screen

Sorry I deleted that install befor I saw replies, any way , this time i downloaded cartmans skin and set it all up with PKC ( although even doing that widget rows are appearing even though I deleted all widgets in "home" and set movies and tv shows to a single widget ) but am not bothered cos I want to try/use bingie mod. So after doing that I installed the bingie mod and now am stuck with black screen , if i reboot kodi i get the netflix intro and then a black screen. I can long press on OK to bring up the bottom row of icons, enter settins menu from there and add widgets , but on reboot black screen.
EDIT:   started fresh a 3rd time. downloaded cartmands bingie repo, then skin. downloaded bingie mod , followed prompts for the skin to enable default settings etc , black home screen. long press on back button , into skin settings enble skin back up , created back up then installed backup, installed netflix color theme , rebooted a couple of times - BLACK HOMESCREEN. 
Maybe its a mac thing. 
I give up.

I remember someone else was getting a black screen issue on Mac. Maybe it’s a Mac thing but you said the original bingie 1.3 works so can’t see why that should work and Bingie mod shouldn’t.

Ok try something. Can you get in the settings of bingie mod? If not you can also use original 1.03.

Go to skin settings>configure shortcuts>restore Menu items and reset the menu. This is a skinshortcuts script that works across various skins that may be causing an issue. Also do the restore default widgets for good measure.

Now go to your Kodi addons folder and delete your temp folder (if there’s one present) and then try reinstalling bingie mod.
(2020-10-31, 00:20)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 22:56)ontap Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 22:05)HugoL Wrote: Can you press escape or enter a couple of times and report back.

Maybe its a mac thing. 
I give up.

I remember someone else was getting a black screen issue on Mac. Maybe it’s a Mac thing but you said the original bingie 1.3 works so can’t see why that should work and Bingie mod shouldn’t.

Ok try something. Can you get in the settings of bingie mod? If not you can also use original 1.03.

Go to skin settings>configure shortcuts>restore Menu items and reset the menu. This is a skinshortcuts script that works across various skins that may be causing an issue. Also do the restore default widgets for good measure.

Now go to your Kodi addons folder and delete your temp folder (if there’s one present) and then try reinstalling bingie mod.

OK thanks for responding , did all that , then updated bingie mod from repo , still the same, cartman bingie works fine btw. I can get into skin settings on mod , and tried resetting menu from there still nothing , the temp folder , which I did delete, was empty.
This is not a huge deal because the skin/build once set up would be FTP'd over onto a firestick , so if the issue is indeed my mac , I can always do it all on the stick using zips.
Once again thanks.
(2020-10-30, 22:06)HugoL Wrote:

Is this related to the defaultskinsettings version number thing we discussed the other day?
It may be the issue.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-10-30, 21:10)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 20:57)iirishguyi Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 20:16)HugoL Wrote: Are you talking about the original bingie 1.03? You don’t actually need the skin but you do need it’s dependencies. So you can delete the skin if you wish once it’s installed.

To install bingie mod 1.07 on firestick transfer the zip file from your pc to your firestick using an FTP program.

Once the file is on your firestick you can use the install from zip option.

I have already installed the most recent Bingie skin, I need to know how to install the mod file that goes with it, so it says.
Go to the first page of this thread and click the part I have circledImage
Yes I know that's the mod file but how do I install it on the Firestick 4k? Am I going to have to use a flash drive? Or can I get the link somewhere and enter it on Kodi? I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.
(2020-10-30, 21:20)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 21:10)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 20:57)iirishguyi Wrote: I have already installed the most recent Bingie skin, I need to know how to install the mod file that goes with it, so it says.
Go to the first page of this thread and click the part I have circledImage

LOL!! I'm cracking up at your writing man! 

OK so once downloaded....

1. use an FTP program to transfer this file to your firestick (Save it somewhere you can access it later through Kodi)
2. On Kodi, in the addons menu, select install from zip and then locate the file you transferred to your stick.

An FTP program......I'm sorry I am so lost forgive me. I don't know what an FTP program is? Is that something I install on my phone to send the file somehow to my firestick?
(2020-10-31, 01:06)ontap Wrote:
(2020-10-31, 00:20)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 22:56)ontap Wrote: Sorry I deleted that install befor I saw replies, any way , this time i downloaded cartmans skin and set it all up with PKC ( although even doing that widget rows are appearing even though I deleted all widgets in "home" and set movies and tv shows to a single widget ) but am not bothered cos I want to try/use bingie mod. So after doing that I installed the bingie mod and now am stuck with black screen , if i reboot kodi i get the netflix intro and then a black screen. I can long press on OK to bring up the bottom row of icons, enter settins menu from there and add widgets , but on reboot black screen.
Maybe its a mac thing. 
I give up.

OK thanks for responding , did all that , then updated bingie mod from repo , still the same, cartman bingie works fine btw. I can get into skin settings on mod , and tried resetting menu from there still nothing , the temp folder , which I did delete, was empty.
This is not a huge deal because the skin/build once set up would be FTP'd over onto a firestick , so if the issue is indeed my mac , I can always do it all on the stick using zips.
Once again thanks.

I had exactly the same fault when I installed bingie then the mod on my Nvidia shield. It always happens when or after the mod is added and then it asks you if you want it to build the setup automatically or if you wish to do it manually. What I had to do was build manually at both prompts then I got a screen I could work with. It took me about five attempts to figure which settings to use and I believe it was manually at both. Once I got it I did a backup so if I had to restore i could just restore the skin immediately.

The other way I found worked was when you install the mod and it asks do you want to use this skin, say NO at this point, go into raw kodi and remove the bingie skin back to Estory and then add the Titan Mod skin, this always worked for me on the shield.

This is what I would get first was the checked screen black screen with white boxes then black screen. Yes there is a glitch where the mod doesn't want to sit happily on bingie at first install

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CgCPbE3...p=drivesdk

Maybe worth a try.
(2020-10-31, 06:56)DROIDshield Wrote:
(2020-10-31, 00:20)HugoL Wrote: I remember someone else was getting a black screen issue on Mac. Maybe it’s a Mac thing but you said the original bingie 1.3 works so can’t see why that should work and Bingie mod shouldn’t.

Once again thanks.

I had exactly the same fault when I installed bingie then the mod on my Nvidia shield. It always happens when or after the mod is added and then it asks you if you want it to build the setup automatically or if you wish to do it manually. What I had to do was build manually at both prompts then I got a screen I could work with. It took me about five attempts to figure which settings to use and I believe it was manually at both. Once I got it I did a backup so if I had to restore i could just restore the skin immediately.

Maybe worth a try.
Thanks for the info.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-10-31, 00:20)HugoL Wrote: I remember someone else was getting a black screen issue on Mac. Maybe it’s a Mac thing but you said the original bingie 1.3 works so can’t see why that should work and Bingie mod shouldn’t.

Once again thanks.

The other way I found worked was when you install the mod and it asks do you want to use this skin, say NO at this point, go into raw kodi and remove the bingie skin back to Estory and then add the Titan Mod skin, this always worked for me on the shield.

This is what I would get first was the checked screen black screen with white boxes then black screen. Yes there is a glitch where the mod doesn't want to sit happily on bingie at first install

Maybe worth a try.
thanks will deffo try this.
OK just for info, neither method worked , i installed bingie , selected no when it asked if i wanted to switch to the skin. then went into addons folder on mac and removed bingie folder. Then rebooted kodi and installed bingie-mod, selected manual at both prompts  and got the screen with all the white boxes ( the one that looks like a keyboard) , pressed OK 5 times and now am back to a total black home screen , every time i reboot , i get the splash intro and then a black screen.
(2020-10-31, 11:54)ontap Wrote:
(2020-10-31, 01:06)ontap Wrote: OK thanks for responding , did all that , then updated bingie mod from repo , still the same, cartman bingie works fine btw. I can get into skin settings on mod , and tried resetting menu from there still nothing , the temp folder , which I did delete, was empty.
Once again thanks.

Maybe worth a try.
OK just for info, neither method worked , i installed bingie , selected no when it asked if i wanted to switch to the skin. then went into addons folder on mac and removed bingie folder. Then rebooted kodi and installed bingie-mod, selected manual at both prompts  and got the screen with all the white boxes ( the one that looks like a keyboard) , pressed OK 5 times and now am back to a total black home screen , every time i reboot , i get the splash intro and then a black screen.

I actually think there’s two separate issues. The empty keyboard issue and the black screen issue are probably separate because I get the keyboard one and can clear it to start the new set up process screen.
(2020-10-31, 12:23)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-10-31, 11:54)ontap Wrote:
(2020-10-31, 06:56)DROIDshield Wrote: I had exactly the same fault when I installed bingie then the mod on my Nvidia shield. It always happens when or after the mod is added and then it asks you if you want it to build the setup automatically or if you wish to do it manually. What I had to do was build manually at both prompts then I got a screen I could work with. It took me about five attempts to figure which settings to use and I believe it was manually at both. Once I got it I did a backup so if I had to restore i could just restore the skin immediately.

Maybe worth a try.

I actually think there’s two separate issues. The empty keyboard issue and the black screen issue are probably separate because I get the keyboard one and can clear it to start the new set up process screen.

Just trying an install on 4K stick , FTP'd both skin zips over we shall see , fingers crossed.
EDIT :  Loaded straight away on firestick , just selecting yes to prompts .
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0