• 108(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-11-15, 15:08)cscott1 Wrote: I have to admit I like the idea of a working fixed frame even if for only one view. If you could get it to work with Posters view and categories in landscape at the end that would be awesome.

That’s the only reason I want to fix it to be honest!
(2020-11-14, 23:20)cscott1 Wrote: Bug Report... I figured out why some of my widgets were not loading upon opening kodi until opening settings. It was because of the way they were mapped. For some reason after a few updates ago when mapping a widget you can not use the smart shortcut path that shows up directly under Default widgets. you have to click on Default widgets then click smart shortcuts. It either needs to be fixed or removed Im pretty sure Cartman originally placed the path there for faster widget loading not under skin helper.

Excuse me for not knowing exactly what you are saying your findings are but I am interested in this because I have noticed that sometimes my widgets do not open or take an age to open.

I have to press the back button on my shield remote to open the side menu, then close it and the widgets appear. Some open but some still loading.

Are your finding in the xml files or in the UI settings?
In the ui settings. When setting up your widgets if you want to use your smart playlists there are two methods to assign your playlists to the widget one works and the other is buggy. So the one you want to use the path is as follows. Edit menu shortcuts/widgets/select widget/default widgets/smart shortcuts. The buggy option is when you select the smart shortcuts option before selecting default widgets. I'm not sure why it didn't use to be that way in fact it was quicker loading widgets because they didn't have to go through skin helper.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-15, 17:56)cscott1 Wrote: In the ui settings. When setting up your widgets if you want to use your smart playlists there are two methods to assign your playlists to the widget one works and the other is buggy. So the one you want to use the path is as follows. Edit menu shortcuts/widgets/select widget/default widgets/smart shortcuts. The buggy option is when you select the smart shortcuts option before selecting default widgets. I'm not sure why it didn't use to be that way in fact it was quicker loading widgets because they didn't have to go through skin helper.

I never use either of these paths for playlists.

I go to video library/playlist/

There you will find both skin playlists and user playlists.
(2020-11-15, 17:56)cscott1 Wrote: In the ui settings. When setting up your widgets if you want to use your smart playlists there are two methods to assign your playlists to the widget one works and the other is buggy. So the one you want to use the path is as follows. Edit menu shortcuts/widgets/select widget/default widgets/smart shortcuts. The buggy option is when you select the smart shortcuts option before selecting default widgets. I'm not sure why it didn't use to be that way in fact it was quicker loading widgets because they didn't have to go through skin helper.
I'll try a path set the same as yours and see what I get.
(2020-11-15, 18:39)HugoL Wrote:

That makes sense, still tho the path I mentioned that is buggy is the most direct path and the one most people would use if they were setting up their widgets for the first time. I just happened to figure it out by dumb luck really. The widgets not loading on reboot was bugging me so I thought reloading the skins defaults might fix the problem so I did that however when I started to assign my playlists the same behavior remained. I noticed it was only the smart playlists and my other widgets loaded fine so after a lil head scratching I started looking for a new path to my playlists and voila the new path corrected the behavior. At any rate hope you guys look into it to keep others from having the issue in the future thanks.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-16, 13:38)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 18:39)HugoL Wrote:

That makes sense, still tho the path I mentioned that is buggy is the most direct path and the one most people would use if they were setting up their widgets for the first time. I just happened to figure it out by dumb luck really. The widgets not loading on reboot was bugging me so I thought reloading the skins defaults might fix the problem so I did that however when I started to assign my playlists the same behavior remained. I noticed it was only the smart playlists and my other widgets loaded fine so after a lil head scratching I started looking for a new path to my playlists and voila the new path corrected the behavior. At any rate hope you guys look into it to keep others from having the issue in the future thanks.
I don't know what could have changed since previous versions or OG bingie. I haven't been anywhere near there in the xmls.  I don't think Achilles has either as far as I can tell but I could be wrong on that point.   Maybe this is something to with you coming from Matrix to Leia?
(2020-11-16, 14:24)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-16, 13:38)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 18:39)HugoL Wrote: I never use either of these paths for playlists.

I don't know what could have changed since previous versions or OG bingie. I haven't been anywhere near there in the xmls.  I don't think Achilles has either as far as I can tell but I could be wrong on that point.   Maybe this is something to with you coming from Matrix to Leia?
Its possible but someone else mentioned the same behavior a while back.
(2020-10-03, 15:58)Blackysb Wrote: I have an odd issue, when i open the skin not all widgets show only library items. I have to reload the skin and then all my widgets show. Not a major issue but would be nice if they loaded first time. I have closed down properly, cleared cache etc but no luck.
HugoL here is the post of someone having the same issue... Its easy enough to test on your end just remap your first widget with the buggy path to one of your playlists exit kodi and reopen it see if it shows up without refreshing or entering settings.
(2020-11-16, 18:22)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 15:58)Blackysb Wrote: I have an odd issue, when i open the skin not all widgets show only library items. I have to reload the skin and then all my widgets show. Not a major issue but would be nice if they loaded first time. I have closed down properly, cleared cache etc but no luck.
HugoL here is the post of someone having the same issue... Its easy enough to test on your end just remap your first widget with the buggy path to one of your playlists exit kodi and reopen it see if it shows up without refreshing or entering settings.

OK. I took a look at this smart shortcuts path to playlists and I get the same issue.

So I also checked OG Bingie 1.03 and the same problem occurs there too.

If this is a new development like you say, it’s probably related to skin helper somehow.
wasn't there talk about replacing skin helper with tmdb helper in the long run?
(2020-11-17, 00:39)neurosis13 Wrote: wasn't there talk about replacing skin helper with tmdb helper in the long run?

Yeah, I vaguely remember Cartman talking to jurialmunkey or some skin developer about replacing skin helper last year but obviously that didn't happen. I'm sure its a lot of work. I think that's why Aura works so well pulling metadata for addons but honestly IDK.
(2020-11-14, 15:05)matke Wrote: Image
Is this a legit addon? I'm trying to see if I can make the widgets work properly for the likes of TMDB Helper and this could be a good reference point.
(2020-11-17, 15:55)HugoL Wrote:
Is this a legit addon? I'm trying to see if I can make the widgets work properly for the likes of TMDB Helper and this could be a good reference point.
Yes. TMDB Helper.
(2020-11-17, 15:55)HugoL Wrote:

I doubt it, there are some movies still in theatres listed on there. Cartman had me do some testing with addons on a vanilla OG Bingie over a year ago. We used the legit addon PopcornFlix to do testing.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198931
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0