• 125(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-12-07, 03:59)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:55)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 02:59)HugoL Wrote: That's a lot of movies!!

I forgot to tell you, I finally figured out to lower the spotlight content widget row height without it affecting the fixed focus height everywhere else.

The only thing I can't figure out is the best way to implement that manual spotlight cycle you found.  It acts a bit too unnatural to put out there in its current form but I'm still using it for myself. I thought of removing the info button so it just cycles off the play button but it's still not right  and it's weird just having one button there. We kind of need another "On" command action since all the other actions like OnUp, OnDown, OnLeft, OnRight  are already being used (and necessary). Like if we had a cycle-spotlight-on-Context-menu action, it would be ideal but I don't think that's possible.

Wow the spotlight looks nice taking up the whole space how did u get that or is not in the public builds yet?
That is the default skin setting for spotlight.

Oh u know what ignore what i said im an idiot, i confused the spotlight with widget info lmao. Sorry.
Hello everyone!! For any TMDBH users out there I have found a little Gem, there are some faults which I will get to, but I rememeber there were a few users on here who would like TMDBH implementation including myself which we are still hoping for, in the meantime I found, well actually someone in a Telegram group I am in; found an OpenInfo Mod (OpenInfo is already a mod of Extended info lol, so a mod of a mod if you will) that can let u use TMDB Helper!!  @cscott1 I think you would really like this.

Now there are a few things you should be aware of first and foremost, but again if you would like to try this go ahead I am glad to share this with you guys and who knows it might be a valuable source of information for HugoL and Acchiles as well.

1. This unfortunately does not let you play any episodes through Extended(Open) Info, you can still view the shows, see all cast, etc, browse seasons, and even view single episodes and their info, but when you press play nothing seems to happen. It works fine on Movies atleast however, might be a bummer for some of you guys I know but it is better than nothing.

EDIT: It works for episodes for my friend that showed me but not for me, so it may work for you guys! Hope is still here. (He uses Xonfluence skin so that MAY be a factor, I will test this out on different skins or the base Kodi Estuary skin and let u guys know, or you guys can take matters into your own hands too)

2. This Extended info will let you view movies and shows that are not in your library, but will still let you play them through TMDBH (only Movies though due to what I mentioned above). So For example if I had Avengers Infinity War in my Library, but not Endgame; but I have TMDB Helper, and the Netflix Addon. I can go to Recommended based on this movie in Extended Info, click Endgame, press Play then Play with TMDBHelper, I can choose Netflix player and it will let me play Endgame like that!!

So the cool takeaway about this even though you may not be able to play shows, is that you can view shows and Movies from the recommended that are not limited to your library and find some new shows and movies that you would want to later add to your library by your means of choice, whether its adding a tmdb .strm, or buying a digital copy real quick and adding to your library.

3. When pressing Play with TMDBHelper, it will use the default players if you have them set rather than opening the players dialog, which for you if you are fine with the default players its not an issue but it means it wont open the dialog window unless u remove the default players, which by extension means if youre like me with TMDB integrated library it will always ask which player u want to use even if you just press play on something from your home screen now. So not a bug or an issue but just something to be aware of.

Here is the link to the ExtendedinfoMod 
https://github.com/henryjfry/fryhenryj/b...edinfo.zip

Here is an image compilation of me using it in action on Zombieland Double Tap a movie in my library, as well as going down and viewing Zombieland 1 (which is not in my library)
https://imgur.com/a/zXCu5Yt

Little Update: While testing on a different skin to see if the skin was the problem I downloaded OpenMeta to see if it would make a difference, pressing Play however DOES LET ME PLAY AN EPISODE! Big Grin, the problem? It defaults to Openmeta player dialog rather than letting u use TMDBhelper, which does mean that wed be forced to use OpenMetas outdatedness, and I believe theres not many players even for it. But hey better than nothing again and just thought I would let you know.

PS. There is a Netflix Look option for OpenInfo (Extendedinfo), it does look nice but I prefer the basic one as there is no clearlogo, clearart for the title in the Netflix style while there is in the basic one. So play around and experiment how you will
(2020-12-07, 03:24)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:07)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 02:59)HugoL Wrote: That's a lot of movies!!

I forgot to tell you, I finally figured out to lower the spotlight content widget row height without it affecting the fixed focus height everywhere else.

The only thing I can't figure out is the best way to implement that manual spotlight cycle you found.  It acts a bit too unnatural to put out there in its current form but I'm still using it for myself. I thought of removing the info button so it just cycles off the play button but it's still not right  and it's weird just having one button there. We kind of need another "On" command action since all the other actions like OnUp, OnDown, OnLeft, OnRight  are already being used (and necessary). Like if we had a cycle-spotlight-on-Context-menu action, it would be ideal but I don't think that's possible.
It would be really nice to have it cycle with the rotation of the widgets. I haven't been messing with it lately but really need to get back to it.
I switched the tomato icon to the realistic one in the footer. I think it looks a little nicer personally.

I don’t think that title has RT audience set as default right? Looks like your default is still either TMDB or IMDB and the popcorn icon is just displaying one of those defaults. Or is that just a coincidence?
I think it may be just a coincidence for the popcorn rating. I'll check it out in a bit.
Titan Bingie Mod
Menu focus changes when navigating back to menu

First of all: thank you for your fantastic work.

There is a strange behaviour which I can't fix now: I open kodi, browsing the Home widget. When I go back to menu (left arrow) the "Live TV" menu is focused. Similarly, this happens with the other menu items too: when I get out of the widget, a different menu item is focused. Is there a setting to switch this fuction off and use a traditional menu logic: When I am in the Home widget and go back to menu (left arrow) the "Home" menu item should be focused?

Thank you.
(2020-12-07, 10:51)ecser Wrote: Menu focus changes when navigating back to menu

There is a strange behaviour which I can't fix now: I open kodi, browsing the Home widget. When I go back to menu (left arrow) the "Live TV" menu is focused. Similarly, this happens with the other menu items too: when I get out of the widget, a different menu item is focused. Is there a setting to switch this fuction off and use a traditional menu logic: When I am in the Home widget and go back to menu (left arrow) the "Home" menu item should be focused?

Thank you.
Does the menu icon have a red line under it? If so that should be the widget you are in. Now if you have the menu open and scroll up or down you will still have the red icon on the menu you are in but the text will be highlighted on where you left off.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-12-07, 10:51)ecser Wrote: Menu focus changes when navigating back to menu

Thank you.
Set 
Focus 1 or 2 , then it will go back to home .
(2020-12-07, 03:48)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 02:59)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 02:32)AchillesPunks Wrote: 1. I uploaded some more playlist to the github ready to download, and updated some that needed it. Like New Releases will now only show 2019 & 2020 Movies,
2. I also added a option to remove the total movie count in the Bingie Library views, under Media library view.

That's a lot of movies!!

How did you figure out how to adjust the spotlight content without affecting the widgets row?

In includesbingie you have to adjust the height of the "bingiespotlightwidget" by xx pixels and then change "Fixed_Focus_Navigation" animation end slide by the same amount of pixels.  I'll send it to you in a bit.
(2020-12-07, 02:25)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 02:20)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 01:03)mathu204 Wrote: so to number 2, i assume u mean by cartman set up season XX logic, if i am on season 5 it should show up? How can I make this appear, and yes I agree it does look nice when switching but sometimes I feel like there is extra space left behind, it would be nice if maybe an extra line of plot could appear when no sublabel appears then it would kinda solve that for me. 

for 3. If u can set it up, please leave top250 enabled for episodes since the sublabel doesnt appear on episodes, thats the only time it isnt redundant.

to 4. Then alright, ill just remove it until fixed frame is fixed.

5. Alright thanks, Ill wait for that 

and to 6. Damn okay, is that something U will ever plan on adding as i do belive TMDB has TV Show ratings.

and to number 1. again sorry im a noob a screenshot highlighting what I have to change would be nice Smile

Not sure on the watch season xx logic. I never dived that deeply into it. I think it’s a combination of factors like whether an item has multiple season seasons, when the last season was added, what’s stored in your database for progress. Dunno.

Regarding TMDB ratings for TV shows, if skin helper can pick can’t pick them up (which it seems, it can’t) there’s not much I can do. Maybe TMDB helper can retrieve this somehow, no idea if it does or it doesn’t and I don’t know how to implement that damn thing anyway.

Regarding the poster sizes, it requires edits spanning multiple xmls, not only adjusting your poster sizes but then having to adjust your fixed focus position and your frame too probably. Don’t really fancy getting into that right now to be honest.

completely understandable on the last point my friend, thats all i needed to hear its not the end of the world haha and you guys do so much for this skin already. Regarding the other 2, alright thanks for the info. Regarding your middle point, Jurialmonkey, Serpentdrago who worked on Auramod, are really involved in the TMDBHelper aspect and skinning part of the community I have no doubt they would be willing to help you out.

Now I have another question that is not really skin related but since you all wonderful people helped me with a lot of advice with library content and trakt setups to get me where I am now I thought I would ask, I already put up a post on the Trakt script addon github too anyway and they are working on helping me. But heres my current problem, my Trakt addon syncs current episodes, movies etc perfectly but the problem is after i watch an episode part way, exit, it saves the resume point. If i resume it resumes, I checked on the Trakt website and it shows im watching, I also get the scrobble notification. But after I update library (I have setting enabled that trakt syncs automatically after a library update), or do a Trakt sync in any other way. My episode progress is lost, for example if i am 50% through Seinfeld 3 x 1, it saves but after a Trakt sync it just puts it back to 3 x 1, with no progress in it at all. Any ideas?

Have you tried the “sync episode playback progress to Kodi” setting, both disabled and enabled?

Might also be worth trying “Mark TV episodes from Trakt history as watched in Kodi” trying both disabled and then enabled.
Ok, lets do this step by step: I am in the Home widget now, the home icon is marked with red (OK).í

Hit left arrow: the menu opens, „Home” is focused (OK)

Hit down 2 times: menu item TVshow is focused

Hit (Enter), TV shows widget opens (OK):

Hit left arrow until menu reached: „Home” menu item focused: This is wrong, TV shows should be focused here:
Hit ENTER: Home icon gets focused, and the TV show menu item gets focused (this is wrong, here the Home widget should open and the TV show menu item should not get focused. )

I hit right arrow two times, and the Home widget opens:

Hit left arrow, and TV Show is focused (wrong, Home should be focused):

It seems, that the skin „remembers” the menu item, which I visited and offers (highlights) one of  those previous menu items when I go back  to the menu.
I can follow this logic, but I find this rather disturbing and complicated: for me it is much more natural when both the icon and the menu item shows the same every time, when I go back to menu, like this:Image
Maybe this could be a setting?
Thank you!
Sorry, i just learnde, how to upload pictures here... So, the menu navigation again.
Ok, lets do this step by step: I am in the Home widget now, the home icon is marked with red (OK).

Hit left arrow: the menu opens, „Home” is focused (OK)

Hit down 2 times: menu item TVshow is focused

Hit (Enter), TV shows widget opens (OK):

Hit left arrow until menu reached: „Home” menu item focused: This is wrong, TV shows should be focused here:

Hit ENTER: Home icon gets focused, and the TV show menu item gets focused (this is wrong, here the Home widget should open and the TV show menu item should not get focused. )

I hit right arrow two times, and the Home widget opens:

Hit left arrow, and TV Show menu  is focused (wrong, Home should be focused):

It seems, that the skin „remembers” the menu item, which I visited and offers (highlights) one of  those previous menu items when I go back  to the menu.
I can follow this logic, but I find this rather disturbing and complicated: for me it is much more natural when both the icon and the menu item shows the same every time, when I go back to menu, like this:
Maybe this could be a setting?
Thank you!
Spotlight content in movie and TV show widgets

It seems, that the spotlight highlights the last added movie or TV show, even when these are already watched. Suggestion: Films and shows already watched should not be in spotlight. Maybe changing recommendations based on the watched films like in the home widget.

Thank you.
(2020-12-07, 03:26)mjeshurun Wrote: Hello friends,
I'm a new kodi user, and this skin looks great!
I've been trying to install the original Bingie skin and the Bingie MOD skin, but, unfortunately, I have not been able to use either of them properly.
I've installed Kodi 18.7 on a Raspberry Pi 4 . I also added both skin's repositories from zip and was able to install both skins and choose either of them as the default skin.
However, after I chose either of the skins, all I can see is a full black screen with no UI elements at all. If I press the arrows, esc and backspace buttons on my keyboard I can hear the UI sounds, but nothing on the screen. 
The only way I can exit this black screen is by long pressing the backspace button, enter skins settings, and change the default skin back to Estuary.
I'm also seeing these two error messages on Kodi startup:
Code:
Skin Helper Service Error
and
Code:
Skin Service Background Error
Is there a known fix for this issue?
Is this a fresh install that has had no other skins installed apart from bingie and bingie mod?
(2020-12-07, 06:49)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:24)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:07)AchillesPunks Wrote: It would be really nice to have it cycle with the rotation of the widgets. I haven't been messing with it lately but really need to get back to it.
I switched the tomato icon to the realistic one in the footer. I think it looks a little nicer personally.

I don’t think that title has RT audience set as default right? Looks like your default is still either TMDB or IMDB and the popcorn icon is just displaying one of those defaults. Or is that just a coincidence?
I think it may be just a coincidence for the popcorn rating. I'll check it out in a bit.
Yeah. I'm quite curious how to get that popcorn rating.  Seem a better rating icon compare to the others? lol. Is possible to get that as part of the normal rating display?
(2020-12-07, 17:35)minhgi Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 06:49)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:24)HugoL Wrote: I don’t think that title has RT audience set as default right? Looks like your default is still either TMDB or IMDB and the popcorn icon is just displaying one of those defaults. Or is that just a coincidence?
Yeah. I'm quite curious how to get that popcorn rating.  Seem a better rating icon compare to the others? lol. Is possible to get that as part of the normal rating display?

Scrape your movies with UMS, specifically with the setting to put Rotten Tomatoes Audience in the default position.

Enable New footer and also enable RT audience under the New Footer.

You can get this rating in the video dialogue plots & critics without needing to have RT audience in the default position. You just need to have the info scraped with either UMS or the metadata editor addon.
(2020-12-07, 16:17)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:26)mjeshurun Wrote: Hello friends,
I'm a new kodi user, and this skin looks great!
I've been trying to install the original Bingie skin and the Bingie MOD skin, but, unfortunately, I have not been able to use either of them properly.
I've installed Kodi 18.7 on a Raspberry Pi 4 . I also added both skin's repositories from zip and was able to install both skins and choose either of them as the default skin.
However, after I chose either of the skins, all I can see is a full black screen with no UI elements at all. If I press the arrows, esc and backspace buttons on my keyboard I can hear the UI sounds, but nothing on the screen. 
The only way I can exit this black screen is by long pressing the backspace button, enter skins settings, and change the default skin back to Estuary.
I'm also seeing these two error messages on Kodi startup:
Code:
Skin Helper Service Error
and
Code:
Skin Service Background Error
Is there a known fix for this issue?
Is this a fresh install that has had no other skins installed apart from bingie and bingie mod?
Hi @HugoL , many thanks for replying 🙏
Other than Bingie and Bingie MOD, I also installed Estuary Leia Mod, Amber and AppTV skins, but I deleted Amber and AppTV.
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0