• 134(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-12-22, 15:24)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 15:10)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 15:01)cscott1 Wrote: After uninstalling kodi on my android devices I always power off the system for a few minutes before reinstalling because there always seems to be some leftovers. Just curious why are you using a ras pie? They are so flaky, they might be fun to build and tinker with but not the most reliable streamer. There are a lot of affordable options right now. I Just purchased a Dynalink Android TV box for $29.50 from walmart runs official Android TV and Android 10. I have kodi 18.9 with the Bingie mod installed on it along with the official Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and many more, I highly recommend it I barely notice a difference between it and my Nvidia Shield.

Hi @cscott1 Smile
I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) to use as an OpenHAB smart home system. And since I already have the Raspberry Pi, I figured I’d use it also for Kodi.

Is there a particular terminal command to completely uninstall kodi with all its dependencies and addons?
Honestly I'm an Android and Windows guy not really familiar with ras pi operating systems. Have you tried using OSMC instead of Kodi from the little bit I have read that seems to be the go to system for ras pies and all kodi addons are compatible with it.

Thanks for the tip about OSMC, but I’m not sure it’ll be a good solution for me.
First and for most, I need to use Raspberry Pi OS to power my smart home system.
I understand OSMC is an alternative full OS that supports running apps, but, reconfiguring my smart home systems OSMC might be problematic.
Therefore, I prefer to stay with the official Raspberry Pi OS.
(2020-12-22, 15:38)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 15:24)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 15:10)mjeshurun Wrote: Hi @cscott1 Smile
I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) to use as an OpenHAB smart home system. And since I already have the Raspberry Pi, I figured I’d use it also for Kodi.

Is there a particular terminal command to completely uninstall kodi with all its dependencies and addons?
Honestly I'm an Android and Windows guy not really familiar with ras pi operating systems. Have you tried using OSMC instead of Kodi from the little bit I have read that seems to be the go to system for ras pies and all kodi addons are compatible with it.

Thanks for the tip about OSMC, but I’m not sure it’ll be a good solution for me.
First and for most, I need to use Raspberry Pi OS to power my smart home system.
I understand OSMC is an alternative full OS that supports running apps, but, reconfiguring my smart home systems OSMC might be problematic.
Therefore, I prefer to stay with the official Raspberry Pi OS.

Do you have another device to set up kodi on? I was able to set up kodi with the Bingie mod on my windows laptop then by copying the Apps and Userdata folders and paste them into a fresh install of kodi on my android devices essentially copying the build. I'm not sure you can do the same on the ras pie because I dont know how easy it is to navigate the file system on the ras pie operating system but its the only idea I have left.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-12-22, 12:12)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 21:51)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 21:04)mjeshurun Wrote: Hi @HugoL , many thanks for replying 🙏
Other than Bingie and Bingie MOD, I also installed Estuary Leia Mod, Amber and AppTV skins, but I deleted Amber and AppTV.

Ok. In either bingie skin, reset menus to skin default by going

skin settings > configure shortcuts > restore menu items.

Also do the below option > Restore Default Widgets in Hubs.

And for good measure, go to

Back up and restore > Reset the skin to default settings.

Failing this, you can try a fresh Kodi and bingie install. Bingie 1.03 for the dependencies and then the bingie mod 1.09 skin.
@mjeshurun 

Please read the steps again.  Note that the last option is a fresh Kodi install, not just a fresh bingie install.

I've followed the steps you mentioned (except for "Restore Default Widgets in Hubs" which I didn't find), the steps didn't help solve the black screen problem or the Skin Helper Service/Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error messages.

I then tried to remove kodi completely using these commands in terminal:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove kodi*
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Then I rebooted the Raspberry Pi and tried to install kodi again using these commands: 
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple

However, once I started kodi, it was not a "fresh" install and all my previous configurations were still there. 

I'm obviously doing something wrong, I just don't know what Sad
(2020-12-22, 16:08)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 21:51)HugoL Wrote: Ok. In either bingie skin, reset menus to skin default by going

Failing this, you can try a fresh Kodi and bingie install. Bingie 1.03 for the dependencies and then the bingie mod 1.09 skin.
@mjeshurun 

Please read the steps again.  Note that the last option is a fresh Kodi install, not just a fresh bingie install.

I've followed the steps you mentioned (except for "Restore Default Widgets in Hubs" which I didn't find), the steps didn't help solve the black screen problem or the Skin Helper Service/Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error messages.

Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Then I rebooted the Raspberry Pi and tried to install kodi again using these commands: 
Code:

However, once I started kodi, it was not a "fresh" install and all my previous configurations were still there. 

try deleting kodi then run the commands

sudo apt-get clean
and 
sudo apt-get autoremove -y
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-12-07, 21:51)HugoL Wrote: Ok. In either bingie skin, reset menus to skin default by going

@mjeshurun 

Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Code:

No idea about raspberry Pi’s I’m afraid but you will need to get rid of the user data folder.
(2020-12-22, 16:20)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 12:12)HugoL Wrote: @mjeshurun 

Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Code:

try deleting kodi then run the commands

sudo apt-get clean
and 
mjeshurun give this a read

https://raspberrytips.com/uninstall-prog...pberry-pi/
(2020-12-22, 16:25)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 12:12)HugoL Wrote: @mjeshurun 

Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Code:

No idea about raspberry Pi’s I’m afraid but you will need to get rid of the user data folder.
Have you tried to delete ~/.kodi/userdata/ ?
Image Image
Can anyone please give me a heads-up on how I can set up imdb ratings for other addons scraped from tmdb not from universal movie scrapers.Please just one hint or tip 🙏
(2020-12-22, 20:29)knowellnoel Wrote: Can anyone please give me a heads-up on how I can set up imdb ratings for other addons scraped from tmdb not from universal movie scrapers.Please just one hint or tip 🙏
Ratings Meta (and API keys in general)
For ratings from IMDB, TMDB, TVDB, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic
1) Make sure they are enabled in 'Media Library Views' tab under 'Media Flags, Ratings ......' (they should be ON by default)
2) To enable them in BINGIE views, go to homelayout tab and enable them under 'Footer' header (tick OFF the setting 'Disable ratings flags in bingie views...')
To enable them in libraries, in 'Media Library Views' tab, tick off the setting 'Do not show footer in views'
3) [THIS IS DONE PRIOR TO LIBRARY SCAN] Use scrapers and set in there settings to get ratings from IMDB & TMDB for movies (e.g Universal scraper). and TVDB & IMDB for tv shows (e.g TVDB Scraper).
4) Go to Skin Settings -> Supported addons -> select 'Metadata and Artwork Module', switch to 'API Keys' tab, and fill with your API keys.
For Rottern Tomatoes & MetaCritic you'll need to have an OMDB key - you can get it from here https://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
for TMDB Key - www.themoviedb.org
Fanart key is not important for ratings but is for fanart images in the skin, get from https://fanart.tv/

also read this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2994648
(2020-12-22, 19:46)redglory Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 16:25)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 16:08)mjeshurun Wrote: I've followed the steps you mentioned (except for "Restore Default Widgets in Hubs" which I didn't find), the steps didn't help solve the black screen problem or the Skin Helper Service/Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error messages.

Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Code:

Here is a brief overview of all the steps I took and the results.

I started by deleting kodi using these two commands:
Code:
and
Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Then I followed @cscott1 's suggestion running these two commands:
Code:
sudo apt-get clean
and
Code:

After running the four commands, I followed @redglory 's suggestion to manually delete the
Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/
  folder, and I actually took a step further and deleted all files and folders within the main ~/.kodi folder. 

After completing all the deletion steps, I rebooted the Raspberry Pi and conducted a fresh Kodi install using the commands:
Code:

Kodi started as a fresh install with no addons and in the default settings. 
However, once I reinstalled the original Bingie skin, the Skin Helper Service/Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error messages returned and when I tried to use the skin it showed the black screen. 

So out of all this, I'm assuming the problem lies in the installation of the original Bingie skin on Raspberry Pi. I'm guessing this is the problem's, because the problem is happening even before installing the Bingie MOD skin, which is dependent on the original Bingie skin.
(2020-12-23, 02:42)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 19:46)redglory Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 16:25)HugoL Wrote: No idea about raspberry Pi’s I’m afraid but you will need to get rid of the user data folder.

Code:
and
Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Code:
sudo apt-get clean
and
Code:

After running the four commands, I followed @redglory 's suggestion to manually delete the
Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/
  folder, and I actually took a step further and deleted all files and folders within the main ~/.kodi folder. 

After completing all the deletion steps, I rebooted the Raspberry Pi and conducted a fresh Kodi install using the commands:
Code:

However, once I reinstalled the original Bingie skin, the Skin Helper Service/Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error messages returned and when I tried to use the skin it showed the black screen. 

So out of all this, I'm assuming the problem lies in the installation of the original Bingie skin on Raspberry Pi. I'm guessing this is the problem's, because the problem is happening even before installing the Bingie MOD skin, which is dependent on the original Bingie skin.

Did you try the cheat I suggested setting up Kodi and Bingie up on PC then copying the addon and userdata files to your ras. Pie kodi folder? I mean sometimes the round about way of doing things is the best way as long as it works in the end it doesn't matter how you got there.

In Windows this is where the files are located
Users/your username/AppData/Roaming/Kodi
(2020-12-23, 04:06)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-23, 02:42)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 19:46)redglory Wrote: Have you tried to delete ~/.kodi/userdata/ ?

Code:
and
Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Code:
sudo apt-get clean
and
Code:

Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/

Code:

Did you try the cheat I suggested setting up Kodi and Bingie up on PC then copying the addon and userdata files to your ras. Pie kodi folder? I mean sometimes the round about way of doing things is the best way as long as it works in the end it doesn't matter how you got there.

Thanks for the tip, @cscott1 !
Copying the addons and userdata folders from my mac to my Raspberry Pi kodi folder actually helped and I no longer have the black screen Smile
However, I'm getting a Skin Helper Service Widgets error.
(2020-12-23, 09:23)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-23, 04:06)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-23, 02:42)mjeshurun Wrote: Here is a brief overview of all the steps I took and the results.

Code:
and
Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

Code:
sudo apt-get clean
and
Code:

Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/

Code:

Thanks for the tip, @cscott1 !
Copying the addons and userdata folders from my mac to my Raspberry Pi kodi folder actually helped and I no longer have the black screen Smile
However, I'm getting a Skin Helper Service Widgets error.

Try installing this version of the cherrypy module see if it helps.

https://github.com/AnonTester/script.module.cherrypy

also posting a log of the error might help
Does anyone else get the wrong episode show in their next up sometimes? Like it goes one episode ahead, I can fix by going into more episodes then marking the correct one as watched then unpatched but I would like to have it update correctly or maybe fix itself on a skin reload. Not sure if I’m the only one who faces this error tho
(2020-12-22, 21:02)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 20:29)knowellnoel Wrote: Can anyone please give me a heads-up on how I can set up imdb ratings for other addons scraped from tmdb not from universal movie scrapers.Please just one hint or tip 🙏
Ratings Meta (and API keys in general)
For ratings from IMDB, TMDB, TVDB, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic
1) Make sure they are enabled in 'Media Library Views' tab under 'Media Flags, Ratings ......' (they should be ON by default)
2) To enable them in BINGIE views, go to homelayout tab and enable them under 'Footer' header (tick OFF the setting 'Disable ratings flags in bingie views...')
To enable them in libraries, in 'Media Library Views' tab, tick off the setting 'Do not show footer in views'
3) [THIS IS DONE PRIOR TO LIBRARY SCAN] Use scrapers and set in there settings to get ratings from IMDB & TMDB for movies (e.g Universal scraper). and TVDB & IMDB for tv shows (e.g TVDB Scraper).
4) Go to Skin Settings -> Supported addons -> select 'Metadata and Artwork Module', switch to 'API Keys' tab, and fill with your API keys.
For Rottern Tomatoes & MetaCritic you'll need to have an OMDB key - you can get it from here https://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
for TMDB Key - www.themoviedb.org
Fanart key is not important for ratings but is for fanart images in the skin, get from https://fanart.tv/

also read this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2994648

After hours of fiddling with it finally it's perfect now thank you so much man for the quick help.
By the way is there any addon that would recommend me the movies that I gave a thumbs up? if there is please do let me know.
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0