Solved Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #1
Microsoft just released an update that fix this issue:

July 31, 2020—KB4568831 (OS Build 19041.423)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-kb4568831

Is there someone from Microsoft reading this forum?  Smile

Tested with single monitor and multi-monitor and no flickers anymore even with previous Kodi HDR versions (without workaround).

The update must appear as optional in Windows Update but it can also be downloaded here:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com...=KB4568831   (pick x64 Windows 10 NO Server download)
Can confirm that updates fixes the problems for me, thanks for linking it.
I am, and I will test this on sunday.
Thanks for info.
This has irritated me for a while..
I'm having this problem too. But I'm using both 2 pc monitors and I'm running KODI at 144 hz. Might as well try the 60 Hz if it works. Does changing to 60 Hz I can still play at 4k movies?
(2022-03-17, 12:10)kramned Wrote: changing to 60 Hz I can still play at 4k movies?
Should not be an issue, another possible choice would be a 120hz as a multiple of the movie format, but most of my experience is with 60 cycles.
Same. Tried everything... Nothing works. 

Since Kodi 19, so a few years now, screen flickering during alt+tab... Now on Kodi 21, this still happening. Nvidia card. Tried different drivers and etc. I dont use any external monitors, no wires connected etc. 

Tried to install win update KB4568831, but wasnt able to - although I assume it doesnt matter, when I have no new updates, Im up to date with all recent ones... You can see on reddit people still have same problem, NO SOLUTION yet... 

Someone said: 'I recompiled Kodi to use DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_SEQUENTIAL instead of DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD and it worked'..

I have no idea how to do it. Googled - nothing. I couldnt even find DeviceResources.cpp file anywhere. 

I understand that no one has a duty to help anyone and tech savy people think stupid people should suffer, but maybe someone still will be able to help??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #10