Can I Move/Copy movies from within TMM ?
For example, can I select some movies in tmm, and then get it to copy those movie folders to another hard drive?
See this (I just updated a little): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=283005
you could add the _new_ destination as an own data source and then select the movies you want to move and do a right click -> change data source of selected movie(s)

this will trigger the copy process from within tmm and will preserve all data inside tmm
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-07-31, 07:24)mlaggner Wrote: you could add the _new_ destination as an own data source and then select the movies you want to move and do a right click -> change data source of selected movie(s)

this will trigger the copy process from within tmm and will preserve all data inside tmm

Didn't know this is supported. Working great as it's no longer needed to update a whole source drive after adding new movies from another drive.
(2020-07-31, 07:24)mlaggner Wrote: you could add the _new_ destination as an own data source and then select the movies you want to move and do a right click -> change data source of selected movie(s)

Awesome, I will try it out soon. TY!

So I have been testing this out. Right click on movie, and select change data source, and it will then move it to a new one, but delete the original location file. Is there also a way to do this, while keeping the original as well? That would give me then 2 db entries as well, but afterwards, I could remove the location that I copied to as a source, and then I would just have my original db entry.

Also, when copying/moving in MAC finder manually (outside of tmm) a movie folder to a another tmm source drive, and then loading in tmm, by selecting source update, It will change the languages from full language name, to 2 letter lowercase abbreviations. Would like this to remain the same, any idea what may be going on?

I think I did this correctly, and it did move, them, although deleting in the original location. That makes sense, and sometimes that is what I indeed want to do, what if I want to copy them instead of moving them keeping original where it is, and as the source location (like if I just want to copy some films to a friend's external drive)?

My best solution in case this isn't possible is to have all the movies I want to copy tagged in tmm, and then rename them adding a character. Then if I go into my file finder directory on mac os, I can sort by date modified and all the ones just renamed should be at the top, I can then copy them, and after go back to TMM, and rename them, removing that extra character.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I Move/Copy movies from within TMM ?0