please allow options to switch off OSD for pause, resume, and seek
The skin is great, many thanks for putting time into it. I think it's better than most skins I used in the past few years.

The one most annoying aspect for me is that when pausing and resuming or when seeking I get the OSD which stays on for a few seconds. The OSD is big, and covers the subtitles, forcing you to seek back yet again and even more in order to wait for the OSD to disappear so you can get to the scene where you missed the subtitles.

It also darkens the screen.

Could we please get options to disable the OSD for pause, resume, seek? Or perhaps just a text in the upper left/right corner saying x% or nn:nn when seeking.

p.s.  I'm using EmbyCon, and if I click on an actor of a movie, I get a menu with "mark watched, set favorite, refresh emby metadata, etc, info" ... instead of a screen with info about the actor. Moreover, if I select "info" it just reloads the movie page, doesn't do anything. This is a fresh 18.7 install, Win 10.
Indeed, the OSD is very annoying, but I love this skin otherwise.

You can disable the OSD for pausing, but as soon as you resume it pops up and stays for too long. As OP suggested, an option for disabling it while resuming, pausing, and seeking would be a good first step. A more minimal seeking UI would be even better; something that takes little space on the screen and goes away quickly.

Thank you.
Information 
I have a solution for those whom this bothers. It makes the OSD time out very quickly after seeking and not show up at all when resuming/pausing.

You need to modify two files located in %appdata%\Kodi\addons\skin.embuary-leia\xml.

In Includes.xml at line 73:
Replace
Code:
<expression name="PlayerSeek">[Player.Seeking | [!Player.Paused + Player.DisplayAfterSeek] | !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric)]</expression>
with
Code:
<expression name="PlayerSeek">[Player.Seeking | !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric)]</expression>

In VideoFullScreen.xml at line 43:
Replace
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200" delay="1500">Hidden</animation>
with
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200" delay="300">Hidden</animation>

This fix is not ideal because an update to the skin will likely revert the changes. Also, I was not able to make the seek slider stay on a bit longer. But yeah for me this is good enough and way better than the default behavior, as I watch a lot of foreign media with subtitles. I'll update this post if I notice negative side effects to these changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
please allow options to switch off OSD for pause, resume, and seek0