v18 Smart Playlist not registering all songs
Hello, I use Smart Playlist since a long time and today I noticed my usual Smart Playlist is not registering all songs... Let me explain :

My Smart Playlist is very simple:
I have a folder in which I often put new songs and delete old songs. This folder is : C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Music\Old
This folder has subfolders such as "Rocket League Soundtrack" or "Rogue".
In the "Rocket League Soundtrack", I have 4 songs from the band "Hollywood Principle": 3 are ogg files and 1 is a m4a file. The smart Playlist will view only 2 of these songs : one ogg and one m4a.
The "Rogue" folder is completely ignored by the smart playlist! The "Rogue" folder has 22 mp3 files and 2 wav files.

Smart Playlist settings : 
Type : I tried "songs" and "mixed"
Rule : always path based. I tried many options "contains" and "start by". I tried putting the full path "C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Music\Old" or part of this path such as "OneDrive\Music"
Same problem!

Notes :
- When creating a simple playlist, all tracks are added, even from the 2 subfolders mentioned above.
- Same problem occurs in Windows and Android.
- I have also noticed that to remove from the smart playlist the songs that are already deleted from the drive, I need to clean the library.

So what's happening?
Thanks
David
Smart playlists work on the library entries not on files and folders, so my first thought is that none of the 22 mp3 files and 2 wav files in the "Rogue" folder have successfully been scanned into the library. Maybe you have not tried this, or maybe the files are not adequately tagged. If you navigate the music library artist, albums and songs nodes do these song appear there?

Quote:I have also noticed that to remove from the smart playlist the songs that are already deleted from the drive, I need to clean the library.
Yes that is expected. Kodi is designed to allow for music on removeable drives, so the mere absense of a file, folder or source does not cause Kodi to delete the library entries, it could only be temporaily unaviallable. Hence cleaning the library is used to remove entries where the source files can not be found.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist not registering all songs0