Solved Data Source problem
Pretty sure this is user error but I’d be happy for any advice.

I provide a Data Source but none of the movies are picked up after I update sources. If I click on “Find missing movies in all data sources” then I get the messages:

possible movie
found possible movie /Volume/………./Movie.mkv

and it lists all the possible movies which are in the data source. So the movies are being detected but do not get loaded into tinymediamanager.

I have other Data Sources (on the same drive) which get loaded just fine.

I’ve tried doing a clean install and I get the same behavior (3.1.9 and 4.01). I must have inadvertently tweaked something but I can’t figure out what that is.

macOS 10.15.6
kinda hard to say - did you enter any skip/ignore folders? update data source respects those settings whereas the find movie action just searches the whole data source
did you remove all supported video file types? find missing movie action just searches for big files which are probably video files, whereas the update data source only imports "well known" video file types
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
When I did a clean install I just used the default settings. So no skip/ignore folders and all the videos are mkv’s.

I just discovered an oddity. These files are in a directory named:

/Volume/Shorts/A/Title (1955)/Title.mkv

If I change /Shorts/ to /Short/ then TMM finds and loads the files just fine. If I change it back to /Shorts/ it again can’t find them.

I know I’ve used /Shorts/ before without any problem so it seems unlikely that it is a TMM problem. But I am at a loss to explain the behavior.
oh yeah.. shorts is a special folder for plex and if that is in the path we assume this are some sort of extras
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I see. I have been using this naming convention for quite awhile. Which I just confirmed by going back to earlier versions of TMM. Using /Shorts/ works fine in version 3.1.5 and earlier. It no longer works starting with 3.1.6. Fair enough I guess. I just hadn’t noticed until now when I recently added some new videos to the /Shorts/ area.

All of my videos in /Shorts/ that I added up to version 3.1.5 are still in my database and appear in TMM. I just can’t add any more using that naming. I guess I need to delete them all, change the directory name, and then add them back in.

There’s an option to “Exclude Folder(s) from Scan”. Perhaps we could have an option to “Include” as well.
Well, this came in, since we evaluate such "extras" more directories deeper.
But if there is no such structure, we basically walk upwards, even higher than the datasource.
And if your datasorce is then called "extras" or "shorts", this won't work here.

I made a fix for next v4, which should fix that...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Awesome. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Data Source problem0