Guide no longer working
I am using Zoltan's HDHomeRun client since that is what is included with Kodi's default repositories. As of about 9am today, the guide no longer updates. I've tried rebooting my Shield TV to rule out anything weird, but I'm still not getting any guide updates.

It kind of looks like that plugin has been abandoned by the author, but I hope I'm wrong

Assuming the author doesn't fix this, is there any other HDHomeRun client for Kodi that is recommended?

As a side note, the guide data updates fine in the official HDHomeRun Kodi addon, but I despise the interface. I also still get guide data via the HDHomeRun PVR client in MrMC, but I don't think it's something I can bring over to Kodi since everything is bundled into that fork.

EDIT: It appears that the addon that MrMC uses is also the Zoltan addon, though I can't find what version it uses. This makes things even weirder...
(2020-10-14, 20:55)BeefJerky Wrote: I am using Zoltan's HDHomeRun client since that is what is included with Kodi's default repositories. As of about 9am today, the guide no longer updates. I've tried rebooting my Shield TV to rule out anything weird, but I'm still not getting any guide updates.

It kind of looks like that plugin has been abandoned by the author, but I hope I'm wrong

Assuming the author doesn't fix this, is there any other HDHomeRun client for Kodi that is recommended?

As a side note, the guide data updates fine in the official HDHomeRun Kodi addon, but I despise the interface. I also still get guide data via the HDHomeRun PVR client in MrMC, but I don't think it's something I can bring over to Kodi since everything is bundled into that fork.

EDIT: It appears that the addon that MrMC uses is also the Zoltan addon, though I can't find what version it uses. This makes things even weirder...

I am having the same issue. The guide has stopped updating on all 3 of my pis running OSMC. Guide data works in the official Silicon Dust add on, but like you I hate the interface. Guide data also still works in the Silicon Dust Android app, so I know it's not my cable card/company or the HDHomeRun itself. I can watch channels just fine, but have no guide data.
(2020-10-15, 03:32)wozzukes Wrote:
(2020-10-14, 20:55)BeefJerky Wrote: I am using Zoltan's HDHomeRun client since that is what is included with Kodi's default repositories. As of about 9am today, the guide no longer updates. I've tried rebooting my Shield TV to rule out anything weird, but I'm still not getting any guide updates.

I am having the same issue. The guide has stopped updating on all 3 of my pis running OSMC. Guide data works in the official Silicon Dust add on, but like you I hate the interface. Guide data also still works in the Silicon Dust Android app, so I know it's not my cable card/company or the HDHomeRun itself. I can watch channels just fine, but have no guide data.
Same: on both my Prime3CC and quatrotuner devices (haven't run debug logging yet).
(2020-10-15, 20:36)isamudaison Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 03:32)wozzukes Wrote:

Same: on both my Prime3CC and quatrotuner devices (haven't run debug logging yet).

I haven't been home to run any debug logging, and not sure when I will get a chance to. However, I have been doing some searching while at work and came across this thread. I'm wondering if this is possibly what happened and SD pulled the plug on the method this add on was using for EPG data: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350062

I'm not a subscriber, nor do I care to be. I never really have a need to record live TV. It will suck if we will now have to subscribe just to get a few hours worth of EPG data.
(2020-10-15, 22:38)wozzukes Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 20:36)isamudaison Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 03:32)wozzukes Wrote: I am having the same issue. The guide has stopped updating on all 3 of my pis running OSMC. Guide data works in the official Silicon Dust add on, but like you I hate the interface. Guide data also still works in the Silicon Dust Android app, so I know it's not my cable card/company or the HDHomeRun itself. I can watch channels just fine, but have no guide data.

I haven't been home to run any debug logging, and not sure when I will get a chance to. However, I have been doing some searching while at work and came across this thread. I'm wondering if this is possibly what happened and SD pulled the plug on the method this add on was using for EPG data: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350062

I'm not a subscriber, nor do I care to be. I never really have a need to record live TV. It will suck if we will now have to subscribe just to get a few hours worth of EPG data.
Same on my Pi's, but WIN10 laptops work fine. 

Downgraded Pi to 8.0 everything worked, icons, guide. Unfortunately my LG TV's CEC works best with 18.8 9.0.4
(2020-10-15, 23:02)ileenback Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 22:38)wozzukes Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 20:36)isamudaison Wrote: Same: on both my Prime3CC and quatrotuner devices (haven't run debug logging yet).

Downgraded Pi to 8.0 everything worked, icons, guide. Unfortunately my LG TV's CEC works best with 18.8 9.0.4

Seems an LibreELEC issue not Kodi.
(2020-10-16, 01:36)ileenback Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 23:02)ileenback Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 22:38)wozzukes Wrote: I haven't been home to run any debug logging, and not sure when I will get a chance to. However, I have been doing some searching while at work and came across this thread. I'm wondering if this is possibly what happened and SD pulled the plug on the method this add on was using for EPG data: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350062

Nah, happening on OSMC for me (Vero 4k+)
(2020-10-16, 08:23)isamudaison Wrote:
(2020-10-16, 01:36)ileenback Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 23:02)ileenback Wrote: Same on my Pi's, but WIN10 laptops work fine. 

Nah, happening on OSMC for me (Vero 4k+)
Still happening in my Android environment on nVidia Shield (2017) running 18.8.  Very depressing.
My temp solution has been using HDHR Simple. Until resolved. I go into my.hdhomerun from browser > Channels > Select (Click Star)> Done. On Kodi HDHR Simple select prime box > Guide. Channels, icons and EPG appear.    

3 HDHR prime3, RPi Kodi 18.8 (9.2.4) LibreELEC

Win10 works perfectly. PVR clients come from Kodi repo whereas Pi's PVR come from LibreELEC.
What you are experiencing is a part of this issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357709

The team is working on a solution. It may take a few days.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I fail to see the connection @Karellen. Could you pls elaborate how the pvr client and scraper issues are related; or point me to something that does. Much obliged!
(2020-10-16, 21:50)nonJon Wrote: I fail to see the connection @Karellen. Could you pls elaborate how the pvr client and scraper issues are related; or point me to something that does. Much obliged!
From my understanding, it is due to this... https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5f8807a3...0037c4f00f which is affecting other parts of Kodi as well as scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
A change by CloudFlare is the root cause. Any service that runs data through CloudFlare has the issue, including silicon dust guide data
(2020-10-16, 22:12)Fuzzard Wrote: A change by CloudFlare is the root cause. Any service that runs data through CloudFlare has the issue, including silicon dust guide data
Ahhh the cloud strikes again Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guide no longer working0