Req Extend PVR.Timer for Reminders (aka switchtimer)
Extending PVR.AddTimer, PVR.DeleteTimer, PVR.GetTimers and PVR.GetTimerDetails for Reminders would be a usefull feature.
(2020-10-21, 13:53)_BJ1 Wrote: Extending PVR.AddTimer, PVR.DeleteTimer, PVR.GetTimers and PVR.GetTimerDetails for Reminders would be a usefull feature.

Could you be a bit more specific? What's missing?
I miss in the JSON-RPC API the distinction between record timer and reminder timer. Currently the API only allows to set, modify and delete record timers. The handling for reminder timers is completely missing in the JSON-RPC API - or I did not find it.

https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v12#PVR

In my opinion this should be possible by introducing an additional parameter "isreminder" (bool) to distinguish between record timer and reminder timer.

Regards
(2020-10-22, 12:00)_BJ1 Wrote: I miss in the JSON-RPC API the distinction between record timer and reminder timer. Currently the API only allows to set, modify and delete record timers. The handling for reminder timers is completely missing in the JSON-RPC API - or I did not find it.

https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v12#PVR

In my opinion this should be possible by introducing an additional parameter "isreminder" (bool) to distinguish between record timer and reminder timer.

Regards

GetTimers, GetTimerDetails, DeleteTimer should work.

I agree that extending AddTimer to be able to create reminders and reminder rules makes sense.

Timer details data also could be extended to include a bool "isreminder" or something similar that allows the caller to identify the kind of the timer.
Thank You for PR this on github - that made me very happy. Another note: In my opinion a reminder has to switch to a programme as a default behaviour instead of only notify. If the user is absent while displaying the notification (and notification finished), nothing appears and the timer was useless. Maybe "notification only" could implement as an option in the PVR setup of Kodi and switch to a programme could be default behaviour without any user interaction?

Regards
(2020-10-25, 10:49)_BJ1 Wrote: Thank You for PR this on github - that made me very happy. Another note: In my opinion a reminder has to switch to a programme as a default behaviour instead of only notify. If the user is absent while displaying the notification (and notification finished), nothing appears and the timer was useless. Maybe "notification only" could implement as an option in the PVR setup of Kodi and switch to a programme could be default behaviour without any user interaction?

Regards

If the user does not react on the notification, a recording will be scheduled.
I will add a setting for that. [emoji3]
There is already a setting for that: When the option "Schedule recording when auto-closing the reminder popup" is deselected, the option "Switch" is already focussed - but nothing appears if the reminder popup goes off without user reaction. At this point the reminder has to switch indeed in my opinion.

Regards
(2020-10-25, 16:15)_BJ1 Wrote: There is already a setting for that: When the option "Schedule recording when auto-closing the reminder popup" is deselected, the option "Switch" is already focussed - but nothing appears if the reminder popup goes off without user reaction. At this point the reminder has to switch indeed in my opinion.

Regards

I know as I'm the one who implemented all this.

There will be another setting - "switch on auto close". Then the user has full control over what shall happen when the reminder popup auto closes: Nothing, record, switch, switch and record. Max freedom of choice. :-)
I know that you're the one because you was sometimes in the german Kodinerds forum -Wink

Ok, a new option is ok too.
I'm sorry to say that adding a timer doesn't work anymore with the last Betas. A JSON-RPC call returns:
Quote:{ "code": -32602, "message": "Invalid params." }
The query (will added to a RPC call function named jsonrpc(), broadcastid was a valid ID):
Quote:query = { "method": "PVR.AddTimer", "params": {"broadcastid": int(broadcastId), "reminder": reminder, "timerrule": False} }
res = jsonrpc(query)

This has already worked in the Alphas.
Please open an issue on GitHub, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extend PVR.Timer for Reminders (aka switchtimer)0