• 2(current)
ReplayTV: Help with streaming from a ReplayTV box?
im not having any problem with mine. (replay 5040) are you aware of the sync time issue? (the xbox and replay needs to be within 40 seconds of each other.)

i just have the xbox grab the time from the 'net and it works fine.
Question 
:d that was it! i thought i had my timeserver set in my avalaunch.xml, but it was set to "0" which was off. since im at work, i terminal serviced into my server at my house and then ftp'd into the xbox, changed the line to "1" and had my wife reboot the xbox. she then browsed the replaytv shows and then tried to play one and it worked! :d

so the fix is: you do have to set the timeserver up in either your dashboard or in the xbmc xml.

thanks.
i've got two xbox's and two replaytvs a 4000 series and a 5500 series. they are all plugged into my network. i can play both my 4000 and 5500 replaytv shows on only one one of my xbox's. both xbox's connect to both replaytvs, and both xbox's list all the shows, but only one of the xbox's plays the shows, the other one just sits there and won't do anything when i select the show to play. i didn't make any modificaitons to xbmc, i just unpacked it and ftped it onto both of my xbox hard drives. thank you for your time...
i think i found an answer to your problem, that is if you didn't already. time is essential to replay tv. ensure that a time server is stipulated in xbmc or your other dashboard. the time from an xbox and a replay tv can be no more than 3 seconds off? also check the time zones. i run into the same scenario when i forget to add a time server on a new xbox.

hope it helps
hi all,
i recently replaced my replaytv 4504 with a 5040. xbmc (serveral version ago) played streams from my 4504 flawlessly. i then upgraded to the 5k machine and haven't been able to get streams to play properly. xbmc would present the recording list fine, but after selection, take a long time to start. after a stream starts, xbmc playback is choppy to say the least, to the point where it's unwatchable.
i've tried the following to rectify this:
1) installed the latest xbmc to date (ver 1.1.0 ?)
2) make sure there is no other traffic going on the lan
3) increase lan/internet video buffers to the max in xbmc

none of this helped.

my configuration is :
2 pc's, replaytv 5040 and xbox connected to router via ethernet cable (nothing wireless).
i'm trying to watch streams recorded at a resolution of 720x480 -- recorded in medium.

according to mplayer diagnostics while playing - 0% is being cached. if this is the problem, where is this set ?

thanks for any help,
dinzdale
i found the answer to the dvarchive problem:

the problem is that the code above for dvarchive has a trailing "/" in the video parameter remove it and make sure that the v in video is in caps also make sure to get rid of the "-" in front of </bookmark>

it should be this exactly:

<bookmark>
<name>rtv dvarchive</name>
<path>rtv://192.168.0.50/video</path>
</bookmark>

of course change the ip to match the machine with your dvarchive running!!!!!

reboot and enjoy also make usre your time !!!!!!!!!

thanks slack from dvarchive forums
is there any way to have xbmc sort the list first by name and then by date?
you can it does sort alphabetically by bookmark name so name it accordingly if you want it to be first use a number or special charachter then the alpahbet starting with a i don't know why you would want to use dateHuh
how do you get replay tv to work?
hi, i'm new to xbmc and so far i'm loving it. i hardwired the xbox to replaytv, immediately i was able to see the replaytv name and the recorded shows. however, when i pressed "a" the show does not play. i tried all the buttons and nothing worked. i also tried sync-ing the 2 clocks and buffering the lan to 16mb but still no luck. thank you in advanced for your help.
Sad 
hi, i am fairly new to xbmc and i have seen the replaytv button under my videos but when select it, nothing happens. i just want to know how to make it work and what you need to make it work. :help: :bomb:
(krishnay3k @ may 04 2005,22:30 Wrote:hi, i am fairly new to xbmc and i have seen the replaytv button under my videos but when  select it, nothing happens. i just want to know how to make it work and what you need to make it work.
please read this topic thread (link), if you still do not understand then please follow the forum rules on how to ask for support (ei see faq)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i did some searching, and found some information on the rtv support.

however, i was unable to find (in the faq, and search) any information about having the show information (or even the title) display on the xbms.

when i do the scan, it populates the titles with incorrect information from imdb(??).

does xbms do what i am trying to do? if so, how?

again, sorry if i am too stupid to find the answer myself. i did spend a good amount of time trying to locate an answer.
hey all! i have tried several different xbmc versions and they each do the same things. my replay tv is a 4504 unit.

when i select the replaytv function it recognizes my replay unit and shows all of my recorded shows perfectly. when i pick one to play it never starts playing the show.

any ideas what to do to get this working?

thanks
Sad 
is the time set correctly on both the xbox and the replaytv-unit?, they must be within 5 soconds of each other
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReplayTV: Help with streaming from a ReplayTV box?0