[LINUX] Allow custom resolutions in window mode
Hi there,

In order to use XBMC with my BigDesktop setup (TV connected to my laptop), I need it to start in window mode with the size of 1024x768. Unfortunately, there are only a few predefined resolutions like "720p 16:9" or "PAL" available. All other resolutions switch the display to fullscreen mode. But leaving fullscreen by pressing "\" gets me a garbled screen.

So please, make it somehow possible to launch XBMC in window mode with a custom resolution. I don't care if I have to edit some obscure advancedsettings.xml file, I just need this to work.

Thank you very much.
Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

Currently this is not possible, unless you build yourself, where you could alter some of the current resolutions. See guilib/GraphicContext.cpp.

We're thinking about simply allowing you to resize the window in the usual way - can you do this under linux already?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Currently this is not possible, unless you build yourself, where you could alter some of the current resolutions. See guilib/GraphicContext.cpp.
Okay, I will look into it. Building XBMC myself should be no big problem.

jmarshall Wrote:We're thinking about simply allowing you to resize the window in the usual way - can you do this under linux already?
I want to start XBMC with my remote control. I can use a tool named "Devilspie" to force windows to a specific position and/or size. But somehow the content of the xbmc window doesn't get updated when I do that. When resizing the window "by hand", the content adapts itself to the new size. But when resizing it by devilspie, it does not. So I get a window that fills the whole screen but XBMCs interface still has the original size.

In the mean time, I helped myself by choosing a predefined size that is greater than my TV resolution and using the overscan prefs to match the screen size.

But I will look into GraphicContext.cpp ...

So thank you and have a nice Sunday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Allow custom resolutions in window mode0