Streaming + live tv channels in EPG
I'm running NPVR v4 in Kodi 18 (W10).
One of my Kodi add-ons is Kayo sports, which I access through the main menu atm.
I was hoping there was a way to have selected Kayo IP channels included in my NPVR EPG but haven't found a definitive answer as to whether this is possible.
It seems IPTV merge can do live tv channels and streaming channels in the one guide but I didn't want to change the EPG. I'd like to keep the NPVR EPG if it's possible to include streams.....
First V5 is typically a much better backend and Matrix a better PVR client so I'd start by recommending you upgrade your setup.  

It is certainly possible to stream IPTV services and m3u playlists through NextPVR.  I have also written "tuners" for additional services including Locast, Pluto TV and Filmon so some services are available and users are free to create their own.   However i know nothing about the Kayo sports addon or IPTV merge sorry.

It sounds like you can configure IPTV Simple and have its guide with the NextPVR guide but that wouldn't be the whole house approach used in NextPVR.  Not having access to an Australian IP would limit me helping you and if the streams have DRM they won't be useful since NextPVR is a recording PVR and needs to be able to save streams.

Martin
(2021-02-22, 00:33)emveepee Wrote: First V5 is typically a much better backend and Matrix a better PVR client so I'd start by recommending you upgrade your setup.  

It is certainly possible to stream IPTV services and m3u playlists through NextPVR.  I have also written "tuners" for additional services including Locast, Pluto TV and Filmon so some services are available and users are free to create their own.   However i know nothing about the Kayo sports addon or IPTV merge sorry.

It sounds like you can configure IPTV Simple and have its guide with the NextPVR guide but that wouldn't be the whole house approach used in NextPVR.  Not having access to an Australian IP would limit me helping you and if the streams have DRM they won't be useful since NextPVR is a recording PVR and needs to be able to save streams.

Martin
Thanks for the info. I know I should be upgrading but I've finally ironed out all the issues and so a bit hesitant.
I guess once I do, I can only try bring the Kayo streams into NPVR and see if it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming + live tv channels in EPG0