XBOX Matrix Update Notification: How to Update
Question 
Hi Folks,

Received the "Version Check" add-on notification yesterday to update which I did; a few minutes later I received the notification that Matrix (v19) was available.  Wasn't ready to update at the time so I dismissed the message ... for the life-of-me, I can't find where/how to trigger the v19 update now that I have time to do it today.

Oh where, oh where, do I find the update ... oh where, oh where can it be?  Music
Matrix is not yet availlable for Xbox at the Windows Store, unfortunately the version check addon does not know that. If you are able to side load then there is a build of v19.0 for UWP which needs testing before we are able to publish it.
(2021-02-27, 21:03)DaveBlake Wrote: Matrix is not yet availlable for Xbox at the Windows Store, unfortunately the version check addon does not know that. If you are able to side load then there is a build of v19.0 for UWP which needs testing before we are able to publish it.
Thanks for the response; I did notice some non-XBOXONE distro's listed but I assumed (correctly) that they were for other platforms.  Unfortunately, I'm not setup for side-loading ... I realize that's not much help; that said, I'll be putting the audio portion through its "paces" once it comes available via the XBOX Windows Store.

Cheers,
(2021-02-27, 21:03)DaveBlake Wrote: Matrix is not yet availlable for Xbox at the Windows Store, unfortunately the version check addon does not know that. If you are able to side load then there is a build of v19.0 for UWP which needs testing before we are able to publish it.

I think there's a lot more "testers" willing and able, if someone could just publish it to the Xbox store Smile  I realize it might be a chicken and egg problem - but we're all here to help!
Given the amount of whining and moaning we're getting on other platforms where "we forced" an update (even though it was done by their devices, not us), we're a little wary as you can probably expect. Especially given how difficult XBOX can be to roll things out, roll them back if needed, and to get debug etc.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-05, 10:03)DarrenHill Wrote: Given the amount of whining and moaning we're getting on other platforms where "we forced" an update (even though it was done by their devices, not us), we're a little wary as you can probably expect. Especially given how difficult XBOX can be to roll things out, roll them back if needed, and to get debug etc.

Yeah, I'd rather wait at least until all add-ons are updated as unlike other platforms it's not like you can easily go back and side load 18
(2021-03-13, 16:12)scissors Wrote: Yeah, I'd rather wait at least until all add-ons are updated
That could be forever. It is upto the addon authors, the Kodi team has no control over what addons are maintained. The authors have had a Python 3 enabled version of Kodi to work with since Oct 2019 and plenty of warning what was happening, if they have not updated by now maybe they are not going to do so.
So it's possible Matrix may not even come to XBox. Ughhh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matrix Update Notification: How to Update0