Amber Backup/Retore not working
In windows 10 only, when I do a backup from within Amber, it brings up the Kodi backup instead. With my shield I get a zip file, I get the full backup. How do I stop this?
(2021-03-16, 00:19)timmins Wrote: In windows 10 only, when I do a backup from within Amber, it brings up the Kodi backup instead. With my shield I get a zip file, I get the full backup. How do I stop this?
@timmins , I am not sure I understand what the issue is.  In Amber, the backup function uses the addon script.xmbcbackup, and has done so for several months now.  What is it that you are expecting to happen, and what is actually happening? Please clarify.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-17, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-16, 00:19)timmins Wrote: In windows 10 only, when I do a backup from within Amber, it brings up the Kodi backup instead. With my shield I get a zip file, I get the full backup. How do I stop this?
@timmins , I am not sure I understand what the issue is.  In Amber, the backup function uses the addon script.xmbcbackup, and has done so for several months now.  What is it that you are expecting to happen, and what is actually happening? Please clarify.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
My shields give me small zip file as a backup. Now it giving me a full kodi backup wish is rather big. Is there any way of getting just the amber backup. With kodi 19, I was looking to use the backup to restore my amber settings,
(2021-03-18, 04:00)timmins Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
My shields give me small zip file as a backup. Now it giving me a full kodi backup wish is rather big. Is there any way of getting just the amber backup. With kodi 19, I was looking to use the backup to restore my amber settings,
@timmins , it seems to me that you have not updated Amber in your Shields for quite some time, thus they are still using skin helper skinbackup addon for backup/restore.  I stopped using/supporting that addon, and all other skin helper service related addons several months ago, since they are not officially maintained anymore.

Please look through the explanation I provided when I changed the backup/restore in Amber to using script.xbmcbackup: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2995327  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Backup/Retore not working0