Update fails on Windows
Recent two builds failed to update properly on Windows with this error:

Code:
ERROR rename update\tmm.jar tmm.jar: Access is denied.
well, there is a process locking your tmm.jar and thus Windows itself prevents tmm from applying the update
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Very strange. It was another (hidden) instance of tmm that locked the file and I had to kill the process using process monitor.
Don't know how it happened, but it updates properly now.
This happened again. When update failed, I saw two java and three tmm processes were running on my machine and all pointed to the same tinyMediaManager.exe file.
I can't make two tmm instances running manually with the same exe file in the same folder as the second try gets aborted.
I suspect a certain action with tmm launches another instance running in the background and it keeps running even after the main tmm closes down.
OK. I see what's happening. When tmm closes, it tries to delete AppData\Local\Temp\tmm folder. But it sometimes fails deleting it for some reason and the java & tmm processes remain in the background.
Then if I run tmm again, I get two tmm instances running.
Don't know why if fails to delete the folder as java(javaw.exe) is the only process with an handle to files in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update fails on Windows0