Music file played history
Kodi adds a checkmark on the played video files, even without including a folder containing video files in the Kodi library/repository. But there apparently is no such functionality for music files.

This would be a very useful feature, any way to enable this through an add-on, or some other way? Thanks.
(2021-04-07, 07:07)Someguy1 Wrote: any way to enable this through an add-on, or some other way?
No.

The video library is based on files, the file and folder names and layout matter and storing if a file has been played is done against file name.

The music library is based on the metadata embedded in the files, the file and folder names and layout do NOT matter at all, an individual file can relate to many songs. So it is not convenient to store if a file has been played. Furthermore it is far better to scan your music into the music library than simply play files from file view.

My recommendataion is that you scan your music files into the music library and then you can have playback history and much more.
(2021-04-07, 08:24)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 07:07)Someguy1 Wrote: any way to enable this through an add-on, or some other way?
No.

The video library is based on files, the file and folder names and layout matter and storing if a file has been played is done against file name.

The music library is based on the metadata embedded in the files, the file and folder names and layout do NOT matter at all, an individual file can relate to many songs. So it is not convenient to store if a file has been played. Furthermore it is far better to scan your music into the music library than simply play files from file view.

My recommendataion is that you scan your music files into the music library and then you can have playback history and much more.
Thanks for the reply. The thing is I'm one of those people that prefer the original file layout when it comes to music files, rather than having a music library based on genres and such. Much easier to navigate to the physical folder "beethoven" for example and play any songs within that folder that I choose, than to have a music library that decides where the beethoven songs are. But again thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music file played history0