service script won't load
Hi.  Need a bit of help.   I've written a couple service scripts that deal with the TV and AVR turning on or off together, and remotes working for all inputs.  They are working.   Today I tried to bring up a 3rd script, cloning the addon directory and then fixing up the addon.xml file.     But this new one will not load.   The addon id agrees with the pathname.  Inside the addon.xml, the library name matches the python script filename.  The only clue I'm getting is in the Kodi log, where I see the message ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script script.service.track_pioneer

I'm running "Leia", on LibreElec, on a Pi-2.

If I reboot the Pi, I see the message NOTICE: ADDON: script.service.track_pioneer v1.0.0 installed, along with 500 other addons.  The script writes log messages, and none show up indicating it does not actually start.

If I restart the services with the command kodi-send --action RunScript\(script.service.track_pioneer\) I see the error named above, "Not executing non-existing script.

The other two scripts start up fine, but for years there is a warning that for some reason these script types are deprecated.

Here's the addon.xml file:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon id="script.service.track_pioneer"
       name="Pioneer Power Tracker"
       version="1.0.0"
       provider-name="Cayford Burrell">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.25.0"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.service" library="pioneer.py" start="startup"/>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
<summary lang="en">Recive keymap keys from the keymap script, and act on them on Kodi or other devices via telnet and CEC</summary>
        <platform>all</platform>
    </extension>
</addon>

I parked a copy of the Kodi log here: Kodi log   Debug level is on to catch the logs from the script, and of course that brings on a TB of log messags from the other things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service script won't load0