Auto Caption/Subtitles
more and more web conferencing tools have auto captions or subtitles, and youtube does it as well.

are there any plans do add this functionality to Kodi?

Would be extremely useful for content that might not include native captions.
I would think those services use beefy backend servers to provide that so it is unlikely to be something we can practically do.
even on a modern PC platform with decent CPU it wouldn't work?

I understand that some SBC like raspberry or odriod wouldn't work
(2021-04-21, 01:35)nekrosoft13 Wrote: even on a modern PC platform with decent CPU it wouldn't work?

I think you're still massively underestimating the requirements for creating correct, on-the-fly captions on the dot.
Spelling, grammar, interpreting sayings & jokes, and whatnot when it comes to technical, medical or other difficult mumbo-jumbo.
(2021-04-21, 11:26)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-04-21, 01:35)nekrosoft13 Wrote: even on a modern PC platform with decent CPU it wouldn't work?

I think you're still massively underestimating the requirements for creating correct, on-the-fly captions on the dot.
Spelling, grammar, interpreting sayings & jokes, and whatnot when it comes to technical, medical or other difficult mumbo-jumbo.

Microsoft just added this feature to windows 11 insider.

Quote: Live Captions
Live captions will help everyone, including people who are deaf or hard of hearing, better understand audio by viewing captions of spoken content. Captions are automatically generated on-device from any content with audio. Captions can be displayed at the top or bottom of the screen, or in a floating window. The caption window can be resized, and caption appearance can be personalized by applying or customizing a caption style. Microphone audio can be included, which can be helpful during in-person conversations. Live captions support English (U.S.) content.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-inside...ild-22557/

I wonder if there is a way for this to work in with Kodi too.

No super computer required.
(2022-02-16, 21:40)nekrosoft13 Wrote: No super computer required.

Perhaps not, but this is a Windows feature. And Kodi is supposed to run on "everything", including (low power) MacOS, Android/Linux boxes. So the challenge is still a bit bigger than just Kodi + Windows. Also, developing, testing and keeping track of all Kodi releases with different features per release will be a nightmare waiting to happen. HDR is one of those "features".
How do you know no supercomputers needed? there's nothing there to say it works offline with no internet connection. Have you also not noticed it's only the super huge tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, and perhaps Apple doing this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto Caption/Subtitles0