• 9(current)
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides
gnomie Wrote:to answer both AceJosh and qrsy2k yes...install the newest beta of eventghost add the xbmc plugin and if it sees the ir commands all you have to do is drag drop to corresponding xbmc functions. just set it up using eHome IR and my harmony and was super easy. so get eventghost, play with that and you should be able to squeeze some functionality out of it.

Hi, I have a Vaio with a remote that doesn't work, and I am reading these posts about fixing it but here's my problem: I do not understand what you are saying. Can someone explain this in terms fitting to "I turn my stuff on it should work it doesn't work what do I do now?" For example what's eventghost and what's xbmc and is there anything I should know other than "google it and figure it out for yourself, yo..." ?

Sorry for being incredibly behind the curve but I sure would like to sit on the couch and change channels!

Thanks tech peeps.
what's xbmc? you're on a forum for XBMC, which is a media center software for PC's... If your remote doesn't work on your TV, you're at the wrong place.
Postet wrong place, sorry. Message deleted.
I'm currently using an windows MCE remote on a recent nightly of XBMC 22nd Oct 11 which works well for basic functions. (Play,stop etc...)

(I'm currently using this remote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fil...tsmall.jpg )

All this is built in and I haven't had to do anything, to get it to work, which is great.

However is there a way to add in the additional xbmc conrols, (OSD, menu etc...) without having to use something like eventghost.

Are these settings all ready added in to XBMC just waiting to be switched on? (Perhpas there is something I can do in the advanced settings to map the extra controls to the remote)?

Any ideas? Thanks.
I had a look in the keymaps folder, but nothing obvious in there that I could see.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Hi,

does any know if this remote works or is using it?

Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon MCE

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2956.html

review
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/05/...-display/1

the reply from matrix orbital forum, but they have not tried or used it in xmbc.
http://lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...8b3a8ef9eb

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
I've been using one of these remotes for the past 6 months on xbmc live: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Unb...MCE_remote

Now after my xbmc live instillation went tits up I swapped to XBMC for windows and the remote works fine apart from the volume up/down and mute.

Pretend you're talking to a complete idiot for this bit - what do I need to do to get these buttons working? I'm running XP, booting directly into XBMC eden (latest beta).

Thanks for any help.
Thanks for this thread!, it's perfect when you'r looking for some remote info!
I want to cofigure Microsoft remote with teletext buttons to work with WMC and XBMC. I try to some kind "syncronize" buttons. For example "i (info)" button send 0f,00,00,00,01,09,02, which is not recognize by XBMC. I change it to 0f,00,00,00,04,01,07, that Sends "ctrl-D" that is standard microsoft shortcut for "Details" function. And now become magic: when i press this button on remote WMC do not do nothing, when i press "ctrl+D" on keyboard "Details" work. ShowKey show same key
What i do wrong ? Thanx.
Does anyone know if there's a surefire solution yet for Harmony remotes sending double presses to XBMC? I'm using the old Harmony + MCE Keyboard setup, and I've tried every single thread (though they're all old) to try to resolve this problem. I've tried remotedelay, remoterepeat, etc and nothing works. This is really doing my head in.
Intel G620 + Nvidia GeForce 210
RAM: 4GB / SSD: 120GB Intel X25-M
Storage: Synology DS1511+ (12.5TB usable)
yunti Wrote:I'm currently using an windows MCE remote on a recent nightly of XBMC 22nd Oct 11 which works well for basic functions. (Play,stop etc...)

(I'm currently using this remote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fil...tsmall.jpg )

All this is built in and I haven't had to do anything, to get it to work, which is great.

However is there a way to add in the additional xbmc conrols, (OSD, menu etc...) without having to use something like eventghost.

Just curious if you had any luck with this. I am in the same boat for the most part. I have a somewhat generic remote that works fine in XBMC, but mainly just with navigation, playing media, etc, but I would love to figure out how to get just a few other things (like mapping the context menu) to work, and I can't seem to find anything that really explains this.
Anyone tested the new xbox 360 media remote? Like the perfect woman, sexy and not expensive, but i'm curious if it still works with an HP receiver, like previous xbox remote.
Perhaps a quick review with pros and cons? Cheers!
Man my head is spinning with all of the options for setting up my Harmony 700 with XBMC and MCE7.
I have read through the links at the beginning of this thread, and discussion at the AVS and Logitech forums.
I have an IR receiver that came with the original WMC remote (the eHome one).
I have another HP IR receiver on order and should have it in a few days.

I had set up my 700 with both the MCE Keyboard and the Media Center SE devices.
I managed to get MCE working pretty well through the 700, but then messed it up when i somewhat got XBMC working. I used the F7 key trick to wake my HTPC. This worked great for a short time and now it no longer does.Getting a little frustrated to say the least and not sure which way to head with this.

Im leaning towards trying Eventghost or possibly the Registry modifications mentioned in one of the links, but i was hoping to hear from someone who may have both XBMC and MCE7 working. Im only controlling my TV, AVR and the HTPC via the IR receiver, so its not an overly complicated setup.
I've got a ms-tech 1200 rev.d case for my htpc. With a ms-tech remote.

In xmbc i only use the remote and no keyboard. Is there any option to program this remote? I want to use the * on the the remote to acces the context menu (C on keyboard)

I hope someone understand my problem.
Just got a Lenova remote/receiver, trying to set it up in win 7 w/ Eden, no prior installed software.

Using autoinstall setup for RC6. Remote IS listed properly in device manager.

Problem: first install not working -- get the following error message:

error creating process
c:users\...\IXP000.tmp\XB6204\~1.ex
e> reason: the requested operation requires elevation

I'm on a single PC with admin privileges.

what am I doing wrong?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides7