What Views do you use ...
Question 
I wanted to setup a poll but i guess only the moderator for the subforum can only set this up .. but theres always more then one way to skin a cat Wink

My views:
-List (in random places .. but it needs to be there .. i would just make the view more opaque so more of the background shows through it)
-TV Library Root: Widecase
-TV Library Season & Episode Level: Info
-Movie Library: Wall, List and Info

as i don't use the media center really for pictures or music i don't have anything specific there

I feel a few of the views should be taken out because they are nearly identical to each other (ie Showcase, Poster, Info, Episode)
pletopia Wrote:I wanted to setup a poll but i guess only the moderator for the subforum can only set this up .. but theres always more then one way to skin a cat Wink

My views:
-List (in random places .. but it needs to be there .. i would just make the view more opaque so more of the background shows through it)

as i don't use the media center really for pictures or music i don't have anything specific there

I feel a few of the views should be taken out because they are nearly identical to each other (ie Showcase, Poster, Info, Episode)

For me I mainly use:

TV - Library - Info
Movie - Library - Info
Pictures - Various
Music - Showcase mainly

I think for Music views when looking at a single album, the view needs to revert to a single album cover icon. At the moment, you end up with however many tracks there are, with that many of the same picture. So, 12 track album, 12 of the same pictures. Not sure if this is possible though.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
- Showcase for everything except TV episodes (for which I use episode view)

- List only in the annoying "in between" navigation screens which I am forced to go through because this skin wont hide the parent folder items in Plex.
Doraemonn Wrote:- Showcase for everything except TV episodes (for which I use episode view)

- List only in the annoying "in between" navigation screens which I am forced to go through because this skin wont hide the parent folder items in Plex.

Why Showcase .. i prefer Info .. because the stuff is lower on the screen allowing more of the background to show
pletopia Wrote:Why Showcase .. i prefer Info .. because the stuff is lower on the screen allowing more of the background to show

I whole-heartedly agree with this sentiment.

I generally use the info views as well... Though I do wish for movies there was a traditional 2-3 row view. Wall is just too much for me, hard to focus and see what is available...

Another request for fanart friendly views would be a alpha numeric menu to I can quickly to any section of the library...
pletopia Wrote:Why Showcase .. i prefer Info .. because the stuff is lower on the screen allowing more of the background to show

'Cause I prefer the fanart, which is showcased (ha! see what I did there?) more prominently in Showcase view once the focus is left on an item.
dandirk Wrote:I generally use the info views as well... Though I do wish for movies there was a traditional 2-3 row view.

Ah, you mean more like the 'Music -> Icon' view? I wouldn't mind that either actually.

pletopia Wrote:I wanted to setup a poll but i guess only the moderator for the subforum can only set this up .. but theres always more then one way to skin a cat Wink

My views:

hmmm... that is something used on purpose... because though some people like a view, they prefer something small changed... and also, we're all running out of view ideas... haven't u noticed simularities across skins and so on... all the best ideas are being used...

Cranial Wrote:For me I mainly use:

TV - Library - Info
Movie - Library - Info
Pictures - Various
Music - Showcase mainly

I think for Music views when looking at a single album, the view needs to revert to a single album cover icon. At the moment, you end up with however many tracks there are, with that many of the same picture. So, 12 track album, 12 of the same pictures. Not sure if this is possible though.

not going to happen... xbmc allows 10 views... so, using a new view for a single album would be a waste wouldn't u think... wish there were a way... but yeah, i'm not getting there... maybe because i haven't seriously tried... but we'll see...

Doraemonn Wrote:- Showcase for everything except TV episodes (for which I use episode view)

hmmm... i'll look into it, but can't promise anything... plus, parents are really cool... :O... i'm an idiot i know... hope i can sort out something... maybe do some research for me on what jmarshall's return command on openwindow and pm me with the result...

dandirk Wrote:I generally use the info views as well... Though I do wish for movies there was a traditional 2-3 row view. Wall is just too much for me, hard to focus and see what is available...

Another request for fanart friendly views would be a alpha numeric menu to I can quickly to any section of the library...

that sounds interesting... hmmm...

Doraemonn Wrote:'Cause I prefer the fanart, which is showcased (ha! see what I did there?) more prominently in Showcase view once the focus is left on an item.

hmmm...

Cranial Wrote:Ah, you mean more like the 'Music -> Icon' view? I wouldn't mind that either actually.

not gonna happen... defeats the purpose of that specific view and it would render the xbox unusable in that view... trying to be nice to everyone...
xb2iris Wrote:not going to happen... xbmc allows 10 views... so, using a new view for a single album would be a waste wouldn't u think... wish there were a way... but yeah, i'm not getting there... maybe because i haven't seriously tried... but we'll see...

Hi there,

Is this still the case? As far as I know xbmc does not have the 10 views limit anymore. If so, will it be possible to have an more simplistic list view when viewing tracks from a album without the scroller?

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What Views do you use ...1