• 6(current)
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)
You mentioned Android, so I tried it on my G1 and here is the result:

Works fine with the build-in browser, but is - as expected - very ugly.
- Zoom Buttons are in the way
- resolution doesn't fit

I only get timeouts with opera mini, but that happens with all network sites. Switching from socket to http in the settings didn't help.
Is there any change that there will be a custom version for android?

Btw just found the remote control, other problem hereby solved, best app ever Wink
Wow this looks great! I am testing it out right now, but every time I run indexing.php I get a ton of warnings
Code:
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'images/movie/2722eca7289bcb474df3b695d957c7e8_1.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/xbmc/includes/classes/modules/image.php on line 207

Which folders/permissions do I need to set?
With custom version I mean a normal program, not a skin. There are a lot of Android Dev Forums, maybe someone is interested in converting http-r.

And it would be great, if the menu switches to the remote control when you press play, so you don't have to go back to the main menu for DVDs.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Wow this looks great! I am testing it out right now, but every time I run indexing.php I get a ton of warnings
Code:
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'images/movie/2722eca7289bcb474df3b695d957c7e8_1.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/xbmc/includes/classes/modules/image.php on line 207

Which folders/permissions do I need to set?

CHMOD 777 to images/ and all subfolders (recursive). That should do the trick.
yeahbert Wrote:With custom version I mean a normal program, not a skin. There are a lot of Android Dev Forums, maybe someone is interested in converting http-r.

And it would be great, if the menu switches to the remote control when you press play, so you don't have to go back to the main menu for DVDs.

My idea is to create a web-application for all devices, not for just one. You can use device specific programs like XBMC Remote for Android. My idea is to make a good web interface, which you can use everywhere, and which is more or less fast (by using Opera on WinMo), so not a device specific program (it simply isn't possible to convert my PHP code to something like a android app).

0.5 has a scaleable interface, so it shouldn't look ugly on "any" device.
XiniX88 Wrote:Version bump... 0.4 just released...

New screenies of it over here: http://derek.denhaas.info/xbmc/0.4/

You can download it over here: http://xbmc.denhaas.info/?m=Downloads

Highlights:
- Improved interfaces (much cleaner, less scrolling, less clicking, the same information)
- New PC interface (please read the download page)
- Minor fixes (like? dunno, don't track them)

Jay! That's Fast Derek.
I will try this as soon as my new server is up and running (having some trouble getting PHP to work in IIS7... Zucht. ;-)

Thanks, and I will post my results on the new PC interface.
Joy In Repitition
Batemann Wrote:Jay! That's Fast Derek.
I will try this as soon as my new server is up and running (having some trouble getting PHP to work in IIS7... Zucht. ;-)

Thanks, and I will post my results on the new PC interface.

The PC interface is really small at the moment so don't get too excited, btw, it is only visible if you switch to EXPERIMENTAL mode... (see the download page)

The "final" PC interface will be something like this: http://weblog.vanderhoorn.info/files/jsImageGrid.wmv to let you search through your movies (only much better Wink).

0.4 is a... clean up version, I'm not the person who will keep you all waiting for months, while loads of stuff is already finished... (like "aeon" (skin) does (not to blame them... it's a choice...)). This way I've feedback at an early stage, so I can easily adjust things.

__
Strange to see my real name over here
XiniX88 Wrote:The PC interface is really small at the moment so don't get too excited, btw, it is only visible if you switch to EXPERIMENTAL mode... (see the download page)

The "final" PC interface will be something like this: http://weblog.vanderhoorn.info/files/jsImageGrid.wmv to let you search through your movies (only much better Wink).

0.4 is a... clean up version, I'm not the person who will keep you all waiting for months, while loads of stuff is already finished... (like "aeon" (skin) does (not to blame them... it's a choice...)). This way I've feedback at an early stage, so I can easily adjust things.

__
Strange to see my real name over here

Haven't had the time to check it. can't get darn PHP to work on 2008 server. But that must be due to my complete lack of knowledge of IIS. ;-) As soon as I have tested, I will let you know.

Thanks again, And I will keep your remarks in mind when I test it.

Btw: It uses the default skin your XBMC installation is running at the moment isn't it? I use Aeon (and yes, the wait is killing me) and Aeon is not very mouse- and keyboard friendly (and becuase of that: in the future It wouldn't be too touch-friendly either). Is there any way to work around that? Like, I don't know, have your HTTP server use another skin than the one used by XBMC itself? I know this question is a probably not feasable, but hey, can't hurt asking. ;-)
Joy In Repitition
XiniX88 Wrote:The "final" PC interface will be something like this: http://weblog.vanderhoorn.info/files/jsImageGrid.wmv to let you search through your movies (only much better Wink).

Wow, just watched this. Is that possibleHuh Damn. Just... Damn. ;-)
Joy In Repitition
Batemann Wrote:Like, I don't know, have your HTTP server use another skin than the one used by XBMC itself? I know this question is a probably not feasable, but hey, can't hurt asking. ;-)

Yes, it will get another skin to navigate through your movies etc. You will see Wink (it's still all in my mind, maybe I can finish something in the upcoming holiday).
@XiniX88

just out of curiosity. What command are you using for the up/down transport controls? Is it ../xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey&parameter=270 ?

When using your web interface the up/down commands work as expected on both my linux and windows machines. However, when using the interface for the nokia 770 up/down actually execute page up/down on Windows. On linux it works as expected. I am trying to track down the issue. Any input would be helpful. Cheers.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@XiniX88

just out of curiosity. What command are you using for the up/down transport controls? Is it ../xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey&parameter=270 ?

When using your web interface the up/down commands work as expected on both my linux and windows machines. However, when using the interface for the nokia 770 up/down actually execute page up/down on Windows. On linux it works as expected. I am trying to track down the issue. Any input would be helpful. Cheers.

Code:
Action
1 = left
2 = right
4 = down
3 = up

7 = enter

12 = pause
13 = stop
15 = prev
14 = next

77 = fast forward
78 = fast rewind

79 = play
13 = stop

SendKey
261 = menu
274 = osd menu
258 = switch view
259 = zoom
275 = back

257 = back

That's about it... I saw that project had some issues, since it only uses SendKey, but you also have the "Action" parameter Wink which is working a lot better for some things.
That is what I figured. I did some testing last night and found that action&parameter= worked much better than sendkey. Thanks for the info. cheers.
Has this been tested on a PSP yet? If not, I'll try when I get home...
Hi - Got this working on PC last night. But trying to use on Blackberry 8320 using the wi-fi browser - it loads the default ppc theme up but the rendering is all wrong. I guess this is because the BB default browser cannot support mozilla fully.
Will I have to hack the stylesheet or do I need to get into the PHP code to fix this?

I am a noob on PHP btw.
Cheers
Al
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)0