• 7(current)
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)
Sorry for sounding like a noob

I have XBMC installed on original Xbox, webserver enabled. Can confirm that is working by going to the IP address of my Xbox and get the XBMC interface.

Downloaded the latest version of your software

Readme file says
## Installation of XBMC HTTP-R
###################################

1. Go to your htdocs
2. Create a folder
3. Extract the archive to it

Where is my htdocs directory as I can't find it...sorry for being dumb

Also other question is do I need to install any other apps on my Xbox to get this to work?

Thanks
anyone?
kemik Wrote:Sorry for sounding like a noob

I have XBMC installed on original Xbox, webserver enabled. Can confirm that is working by going to the IP address of my Xbox and get the XBMC interface.

Downloaded the latest version of your software

Readme file says
## Installation of XBMC HTTP-R
###################################

1. Go to your htdocs
2. Create a folder
3. Extract the archive to it

Where is my htdocs directory as I can't find it...sorry for being dumb

Also other question is do I need to install any other apps on my Xbox to get this to work?

Thanks

htdocs is in the install folder for the program. Don't know about the second bit...
Hello to everybody!

I´m a absolutely newbie about xbmc!

Could someone explain easily how to install http-r on my pocket pc (O² XDA Neo)

I have installed XBMC on my Notebook (Win XP) and would like to control with my pda!

I read about installing php 5.2 and those things, but i don´t know something about!

For now one week, i´m trying to install the http-r on my ppc, but i don´t know how!

Maybe there is an detailed instruction, but i can´t find it! (maybe in german)

If someone got some time, it would give me great pleasure, getting some feedback!

Sorry for my english! it´s not the best! so i also got problems with specific word´s in english!
I got everything set up so far and it is really looking great.
Only thing thats not working so good is MP3 in database view: When I use Database View It takes a minute or so to load the list (In Songs even 3 min.)
I have 12.000+ Mp3´s and did indexing.php. In folders view it is very responsive and fast.
Maybe adding an alphabetic seletion before the actual Artists/Songs/Albums would improve the speed.
Like Artist -> a,b,c,d.....->Artists beginning with a/b/c...
Allso a seperate "Now Playing" screen with coverart would be nice.

Allthoug I prefer a standalone app as a remote I really like this one. it is pretty fast and responsive (well for a Web Interface)

EDIT:
Ok I managed to get a seperate "Now Playing" screen with coverart by editing the php´s. But couldn´t manage to get the artist by first letter.
I tried with ....WHERE strArtist LIKE '".$letter."%' ORDER BY... but it seems that there are some Problems with wildcards: The _ Wildcard works (bit is only useful for single letter) , but the % wildcard returns no results because it gets treated as a normal char (I guess)
Hello everyone,
I was curious if there is a way to control xbmc with LG Viewty over bluetooth.
I am looking for a simple program, just to have previous/next/stop/play-pause/back buttons and navigation arrows etc.

Sorry if it has been asked before, browsing through netbook with 30kbps speed Tongue
So there seems to be alot of confusion on how to install this for some newbies so I decided to throw together a quick diagram to better explain how this works:

it goes: Phone->Web Server->XBMC Machine
Is there a "portable" version of WAMP or WOS that works - I don't want to "install" anything on WinXP.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I use xampplite. It is not really installed, you just extract it to C:\
moesfeld Wrote:I use xampplite. It is not really installed, you just extract it to C:\

I'll check it out! Thank you.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Perhaps this remote initiative could be brought into XBMC?

It would be great if different skins could be created for Iphone, Nokia N800/N810, Palm Pre, etc. with those skins then 'served' via the native XBMC server.

Also, with the move to 0.3, I noted that the emphasis is having the same GUI on your Smartphone as seen on the PC. IMO, this is a mistake. The screens and interactions are completely different between the two platforms.

I think the usage of different skins would allow Xbmc remote GUI behavior to be as similar as possible to the individual Smartphone experience. For example, the N800 is a horizontal device and is controlled far differently than the Iphone's vertical orientation.
XiniX88 Wrote:I've created a new rotate function for the "touch" feature, it should work better (here it is working great).

I don't see how to use the "rotate function". I'm assuming this feature allows me to rotate the touch interface 90 degrees? I'm connecting using the Samsung Omnia, which automatically changes the interface orientation based on the phone's orientation. So the touch interface is always 90 degrees off. Which I assume is the reason for this function!

Fantastic work, by the way. Thank you for this contribution!
Digi-head, sorry, I wasn't here for over 3 months (busy) but the rotate function is for devices that won't rotate by itselve. I thought I made something in the config file to get it rotate correctly for your device (which will rotate "automatically") but I can't find it atm. There will be a new version, which will fix this.

A quick update:
When I was away I was trying to fix XBMC HTTP-R + MediaPortal support (so you could use one remote control application to control both) but MediaPortal doesn't have a fixed api (so I can recompile the plugin for every new version of mediaportal, time I don't have).

So I dropped this and was trying to get the TV-Server of MP working with XBMC, which worked untill they released version 3, and also various versions of XBMC didn't like the RTSP stream of the TV-Server.

How do I continue this development:
I hope you (the users over here) will test my new skin (optimized for the latest mobiles, but also working on the older one), because I only have 1 mobile phone with a "Safari (webkit) based browser" (HTC G1 & iPhone) and give me feedback about it.

So the new version will have:
- A new skin
- No MediaPortal support

And will be released ASAP (which will be in a week or 2).

Moved it to the first page.
Why i only can see the interface on my HTC Diamond 640x480 (2.8 inches) and with my old HTC P3300 320x240 y cant see anything? Just a grey bar an 3 icons... ?¿?
Yooo! Thanks bro, you are the best! I just finished installing/setting up and everything works fine...

Just one think, when i made the indexing you said typing:

http://192.168.0.XXX/xbmc/indexing.php

Here is what i got:
Code:
Indexing: Location
Movies
Progress: 3 . . .
Albums
Progress: 0
Artists
Progress: 0
TV-Shows
Parsing: 5 seasons:
Season: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Filename cannot be empty in C:\Program Files\xampplite\htdocs\xbmc\includes\classes\modules\image.php on line 18

(THIS LINE LIKE 25 TIMES and then continues)

Season: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Season: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Season: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This could be because the cover i select is like the DVD case and not the linear one?

Sorry about my english.

Thanks and keep the good work!Big Grin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)0