• 6(current)
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)
I just tried out the newest XBMC and all seems to be fixed. Smile Might be a while before I have time to remod mediastream though....I have a field trip this weekend and I'm taking SIX classes this quarter, so as you can imagine I'm a very busy guy. Plus, I'm spending spring quarter in central america, and need to move all my stuff back to my parents and find a subletter and find a summer job and....well, you get the idea. I've got a lot to do in the next month before i leave. Smile I'll try to do it in the next week though.
EDIT: It doesnt work again for me. Tim can you paste what you have in your home file for the weather section. Did you use the same code as before?
I actually wasn't refering to the weather stuff specifically, only to the fact that the left section of the default image no longer appears over the top of the other ones. I'll see if I can merge my mod back in with mediastream and get it working...
Ok thanks. I will try to work on it today as well...although I have no clue what Im doing. But will attempt anyways.
ok...this is weird but the machine i tested on wasn't my main xbmc machine. When i updated the other and tried it out mediastream was still screwed up with the 1/3 of the image deal...but deleting the userdata folder (for some reason) fixed it. So it may have been a problem with my computer all along. What I can't understand is how that would have affected it. I didn't have another copy of mediastream in there or anything at all that could have been overiding the program files copy. oh well

EDIT: Playing around with it some more I figured out it was something in the guisettings.xml. Weird.
Ok so you are still using your old home.xml with the new SVN of mediastream? I think I got a bit lost here and what you are using.
As of now, yes. I deleted my mods a while back trying to figure out what was causing that 1/3 image thing. Basically, my problems probably aren't relevant to you at all.
Ok, give this a shot. I seem to have misplaced my weather fanart so I'm redownloading that myself right now (and so haven't tested this yet)....

But here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/200533409/weather_mod.rar

This time it replaces your includes.xml and your myweather.xml

This time I put the weather multiimage in as part of the custom background folder stuff....So, basically, to get it to work you'll have to select the weather fanart background folder in the custom mediastream skin settings, and enable custom backgrounds in the home section of skin settings, and it SHOULD work. If it doesn't work I'm sure to find out myself once this thing finishes downloading.

Note that I also included a button inside the weather window that should launch the TWC Supplemental script. If you don't have this script, you should really check it out. You can see a variety of different maps, weather warnings, and even videos about weather in your region. It looks for it in your main XBMC folder, at xbmc\scripts\TWC Supplemental\default.py, so if it's there it should launch fine. If you don't want this button there, just open up myweather.xml and add <visible>no</visible> to the control with id 77 (near the top of the file)
Ok well to start. Yes I definitely have the TWC plugin. Its great. In fact if you havent already, check out the new one that was released today. I has a lot of nice new menus and features IMO.

So I have replaced both of my files with the ones you posted. I checked the "Enable custom backgrounds" and made the backgroud folder to the correct one in the "Set weather background folder". This caused both the home and the weather page to be blank/black for the backgrounds. Although the TWC still has the background images. I guess that last part was to be expected.
Yeah i see it doesn't work. I'll have to figure out the problem later tonight.
I too am having the problem where only what is show is a black screen but maybe I can provide some insight on what's happening, at least on my end and on my Windows box.

When I first start XBMC and look at the weather (in home) I only see a black background, but the weather info and the tiny icon are there... I looked at the log file (with full debug enabled) and it was trying to get images from the "na" (not available) folder instead of one of numbered folders... I then opened the weather and pressed "refresh", went back to home, and now the images are shown...

Any idea why this is ahppening and how to fix it?
I can't figure out why this isn't working. It seems correct...i've tried removing, adding, and reversing slashes, but nothing seems to fix it. If I put in the path manually it shows up perfectly. Just to verify how I was putting it in I took a look at nuka's twc script and he's doing it the same way so i really don't know whats going on.

Anyway, here's a new upload. http://rapidshare.com/files/200599075/weather_mod.rar To get it working just do a search for C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\XBMC Stuff\XBMC Wallpapers\Weather\ and replace it with your path. There should be one entry in both files.

EDIT: One other thing, you need to make sure the custom weather wallpaper folder is enabled by going to the skin settings and setting a folder for the weather backdrop folder. It doesn't matter what folder you choose, cause it's not going to look in that folder, you just need to choose something so that it enables the control the weather fanart is part of and makes it display.
Did you try to refresh as I did to see if we hare having the same problem?
timdog82001 Wrote:I can't figure out why this isn't working. It seems correct...i've tried removing, adding, and reversing slashes, but nothing seems to fix it. If I put in the path manually it shows up perfectly. Just to verify how I was putting it in I took a look at nuka's twc script and he's doing it the same way so i really don't know whats going on.

Anyway, here's a new upload. http://rapidshare.com/files/200599075/weather_mod.rar To get it working just do a search for C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\XBMC Stuff\XBMC Wallpapers\Weather\ and replace it with your path. There should be one entry in both files.

That worked. Thanks Tim for your time on this!
Nazgulled Wrote:Did you try to refresh as I did to see if we hare having the same problem?

yes I did try. didn't work for me, though..
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)2