Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gawk is already the newest version.
gawk set to manually installed.
pmount is already the newest version.
pmount set to manually installed.
unzip is already the newest version.
Note, selecting libasound2-dev instead of libasound-dev
python-sqlite is already the newest version.
python-sqlite set to manually installed.
Note, selecting libglew1.5-dev instead of libglew-dev
Note, selecting libfontconfig1-dev instead of libfontconfig-dev
Package libpng-dev is a virtual package provided by:
libpng12-dev 1.2.15~beta5-3ubuntu0.1
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libpng-dev has no installation candidate

I notice when I run the update, it seems to be going against hardy... shouldn't 8.10 be intrepid?

XBMC 8.10 is based on Hardy.

Replace libpng-dev with libpng12-dev in the apt-get line
olympia Wrote:XBMC 8.10 is based on Hardy.

Replace libpng-dev with libpng12-dev in the apt-get line

Thanks, that worked.
Okay... now my alsa upgrade is failing...
This whole process worked so well the first time.

when I run the AlsaUpgrade-1.0.x-rev-1.16.sh -snap command and check the log file, I see that configure actually failed.

Here:
config.status: error: cannot find input file: include/config1.h.in
alsa-driver-1.0.19 configure failed

Any ideas how to fix this one? :S
Here's the entire log from the snap command: http://pastebin.com/md4bd84f
MadCowDzz Wrote:Okay... now my alsa upgrade is failing...
This whole process worked so well the first time.

when I run the AlsaUpgrade-1.0.x-rev-1.16.sh -snap command and check the log file, I see that configure actually failed.

Here:
config.status: error: cannot find input file: include/config1.h.in
alsa-driver-1.0.19 configure failed

Any ideas how to fix this one? :S
Here's the entire log from the snap command: http://pastebin.com/md4bd84f

use:

Code:
# sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.x-rev-1.16.sh -di
olympia Wrote:use:

Code:
# sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.x-rev-1.16.sh -di

Thanks! That worked! shame it seems like I'm the only one having trouble with this, espcially after I got it working once before. =)
I'm planning to put this sucka in a antec micro fusion. Any tips for a HSF that is sufficient in cooling both a E8400 and the chipset? What do you guys use?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Can anyone confirm if this is working on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy x32?

I can't seem to get the HDMI Audio working.
deey001 Wrote:Can anyone confirm if this is working on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy x32?

I can't seem to get the HDMI Audio working.

Most of us are on 8,10 Intrepid. The hdmi audio was working in XBMCLive 8.10 Atlantis as well which was if I recall based on Hardy and it worked fine.

I never had a full install of hardy on my system only Live or Intrepid or Mythbuntu, but hdmi worked on all.

check each step. make sure that your alsamixer A) reports version 1.0.19 after the alsa upgrade. B) make sure that your iec958 are all unmuted in your alsamixer of which you should have at least three, and finally in xbmc under settings - audio - make sure that you have

Digital
dd on if going to a rcvr
dts on if going to a rcvr
hdmi
hdmi

Dave
watzen Wrote:I'm planning to put this sucka in a antec micro fusion. Any tips for a HSF that is sufficient in cooling both a E8400 and the chipset? What do you guys use?

I would not do that, I had it in an Minuet Case with a 7400CPU OC'd to 3Ghz and it would overheat and reboot constantlly, I had to install into a Antec Fusion.

Dave
rodercot Wrote:I would not do that, I had it in an Minuet Case with a 7400CPU OC'd to 3Ghz and it would overheat and reboot constantlly, I had to install into a Antec Fusion.

Dave

what type of cooler did you have? From what I've read it requires a fan thats blowing down on the motherboard for the chipset to have sufficient cooling. Anyways, I've ordered everything now and I'm going with a zalman cnps7700. 918g of copper and a 120mm fan thats blowing down on the motherboard. I'll report back when I get my bits and pieces. From the looks of it, the antec micro fusion/nsk1480 have better cooling.
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
I hope it works out for you. I had the 7700 and the 8000 that I tried in the minuet, and in that case the whole top of the case is vented, it is pretty packed in there. There is no way to mount rear fans on the case anywhere and you can only install a 80mm fan on the left side of the case in front of the power supply, with both H/F I tried I ended up having to run them at full speed to get it to cool properly without the Zalman Pot control attached.

My 7700 might be the 7900, mine is the all copper one same shape as the 7700 with a blue led. From a flat surface that Fan is 2.75" tall, are you sure it is gonna clear the top of the case.

I also see the Microfusion has the psu moved to the other corner in comparison to the minuet and that you have 2 80mm fans drawing heat off the cpu right there and then another for the hard drive, so you may be OK. I really liked that case, but they did not have one in black when I picked up the fusion 430. I would have got the 1480 because I could not justify the price of the microfusion for the VFD and I would never had used that remote control anyhow. Antec did re-design the case much better that the minuet is or was.

Dave
I'm pretty sure that it fits:
http://www.anandtech.com/casecoolingpsus...i=3427&p=2
I have put together the components now and the preliminary tests with the case on the floor (with plenty of free space around it) the temps idle at 32c@cpu and 30c@mb/gpu(?). On load they climb to ~40c/32c(need to double check these numbers).

With the top plate on it makes some swooshing sound from the cpu-fan, might consider to cut out a round hole above the cpu fan or drill more holes. And I'm also considering replacing the three case fans to more silent ones.

Next test will be to put it in my Tv-unit (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30086969) with the hatch open and look at the temps. Then I'll test with the hatch closed and see if I need to install extra fans in the Tv-unit.
watzen Wrote:...snipped...
Running XBMC on: C2D E8400, 2x2gb 800mhz on a P5N7A-VM in a Antec NSK1480 case.
Displayed on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI and Sound to a reciever with S/PDIF.

Im planning to get a similar setup for XBMC but have some additional questions:
- do you use XBMC with VDPAU on the Asus board?
- if so, is it possible to use a smaller CPU? e.g. a Celeron (that costs 25% of the cheapest c2d i found)

Thanks in advance
jeder Wrote:Im planning to get a similar setup for XBMC but have some additional questions:
- do you use XBMC with VDPAU on the Asus board?
- if so, is it possible to use a smaller CPU? e.g. a Celeron (that costs 25% of the cheapest c2d i found)

Thanks in advance

1. At the moment, no I don't.
2. Yes you can most definitely use a cheaper cpu if you plan to use only vdpau. But I wanted the horsepower so I could run without h/w-acc if needed.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on ASUS P5N7A-VM complete guide2