• 53(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
rossdret, sorry to confuse. You do not need to get mythfrontend working on the same box you want to run XBMC. I suggested that to ensure you have your backend working properly and was remotely accessable. If you do not have an external box from the myth frontend on you can get started with mythbox for XBMC its just there may be an issue you run into not related to mythbox.
Here are my suggested steps for anyone who wants to use this plugin:
*) Just try the plugin go to settings put your backend server and mysql information in, it may just work.

If it doesn't work try the following:
*) Try running mythfrontend from a remote box (like the box you are running XBMC mythbox on)
*) Make sure you can connect to the mysql server on the backend remotely, download mysql client from mysql and run: mysql -h 192.168.1.121 -p myththv -u mythtv mythconverg --P 3306
Putting your own settings in, make sure that can connect no matter what you do
*) Turn streaming off and try mounting your myth backend video folder on the local computer (using SMB/Windows file sharing) and try to play a file in there with VNC to ensure proper permissions
*) Remember this plugin does not handle the protocol with the backend for LiveTV. That is XBMC core.

If you have problems still check the xbmc.log file in the user data folder. If playback of recorded programs still doesn't work, and you have tried the above steps (If you cannot try a remote mythfrontend make sure to try the rest) please post back. Note if you tried 1) mysql on the box running XBMC and it was able to connect and 2) if you tried mythfrontend remotely and it worked 3) What problem you are running into with as much detail as possible.
(2012-08-20, 04:58)mitch.capper Wrote: rossdret, sorry to confuse. You do not need to get mythfrontend working on the same box you want to run XBMC. I suggested that to ensure you have your backend working properly and was remotely accessable. If you do not have an external box from the myth frontend on you can get started with mythbox for XBMC its just there may be an issue you run into not related to mythbox.
Here are my suggested steps for anyone who wants to use this plugin:
*) Just try the plugin go to settings put your backend server and mysql information in, it may just work.

If it doesn't work try the following:
*) Try running mythfrontend from a remote box (like the box you are running XBMC mythbox on)
*) Make sure you can connect to the mysql server on the backend remotely, download mysql client from mysql and run: mysql -h 192.168.1.121 -p myththv -u mythtv mythconverg --P 3306
Putting your own settings in, make sure that can connect no matter what you do
*) Turn streaming off and try mounting your myth backend video folder on the local computer (using SMB/Windows file sharing) and try to play a file in there with VNC to ensure proper permissions
*) Remember this plugin does not handle the protocol with the backend for LiveTV. That is XBMC core.

If you have problems still check the xbmc.log file in the user data folder. If playback of recorded programs still doesn't work, and you have tried the above steps (If you cannot try a remote mythfrontend make sure to try the rest) please post back. Note if you tried 1) mysql on the box running XBMC and it was able to connect and 2) if you tried mythfrontend remotely and it worked 3) What problem you are running into with as much detail as possible.

I currently only have my PC that I am using as my HTPC and use XBMC as my media center. I don't have another system to act as a remote. Not that I am not interested in that solution I would have no problem buying something. I am running windows 7 and am trying to figure out how to get mythtv set up in the first place. What should I buy and what software should I install to make this process a little easier?

Basically If I were to start from scratch and build a better HTPC and wanted MYTHbox and XBMC to work together what should I buy and what OS system should I install? I also currently use my HTPC for web browsing and word processing etc...

I have installed the latest from github and it is working with mythtv .25 and my ceton tuners. Although it only shows 2 tuners currently, my main problem is with playing HDTV channels. SD works great, but I am getting buffering with HD channels. Is there a setting somewhere where I can increase this add-on cache size. When I use the libcmyth plugin I do not have a buffering issue. But other than that it is working great. Kuddos to the dev/maintainers.
I have xbmcnuntu and the mythtv is .25 and i am able record shows and watch,i get program guide and all my channels but cannot watch live tv.Trying to figure out how to fix that.I like addon since all other ways i tried wouldn't let me do anything.Any ideas?
I have problem to play recorded files with my mythbox addon.
All the menus work and the test works but recordings don't play - no error mesage - just nothing happens.
via mounted smb share I can play those files but it is not good because file names is 1001_46464664 and some other mess.

backend: MYTHTV 0.25.2
frontend: XBMC 11.0 Eden + mythbox addon

my xmbc.log added to next link
xbmc.log

could someone please check that log files and tell what is wrong now. I'm too beginner with this XMBC so i don't understand that log yet.
Big thanks for support!

Same happens when try to connect via upnp service. is this now related to some mysql access?
logs from upnp session

ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server on 192.168.1.8:6543
ERROR: CUPnPDirectory::GetResource - no items returned for object RecTv/0/item?ChanId=1003&StartTime=2012-08-28T17:05:00Z
(2012-09-02, 12:13)tkhyla Wrote: I have problem to play recorded files with my mythbox addon.
All the menus work and the test works but recordings don't play - no error mesage - just nothing happens.
via mounted smb share I can play those files but it is not good because file names is 1001_46464664 and some other mess.

backend: MYTHTV 0.25.2
frontend: XBMC 11.0 Eden + mythbox addon

my xmbc.log added to next link
xbmc.log

could someone please check that log files and tell what is wrong now. I'm too beginner with this XMBC so i don't understand that log yet.
Big thanks for support!

Same happens when try to connect via upnp service. is this now related to some mysql access?
logs from upnp session

ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server on 192.168.1.8:6543
ERROR: CUPnPDirectory::GetResource - no items returned for object RecTv/0/item?ChanId=1003&StartTime=2012-08-28T17:05:00Z

Perhaps try some of the troubleshooting things at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV#Recor...n.27t_Play
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
no luck Sad
I read next discussion http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45050 what was same problem but no help me.
IP address is set to mythbackend setup.

Attached some content:
/etc/hosts
192.168.1.8 ubuntu

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

mysql.txt
DBHostName=ubuntu

# By default, Myth tries to ping the DB host to see if it exists.
# If your DB host or network doesn't accept pings, set this to no:
#
#DBHostPing=no

DBPort=3306
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=TtSR39Lh
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL

also I can access from remote PC to mysql db
sudo mysql -u mythtv -p -h 192.168.1.8

I have the same problem from local PC (mythbackend and xbmc in same PC) or remote xbmc machine => no playback for recordings.
I would be grateful for further guidance. What would be next step?
I have no clue, but i assume that everything works from the MythTV frontend, on local and remote PC?
yes, all works fine with MythTV frontend. Local and remote.

added mythbackend log if someone understand about that.

mythbackend.log
I guess this is a problem "Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 72!" The client that talks to the backend doesn't speak the same "language", or at least the same version and therefore the backend don't let it connect. So either MythBox is too old or the backend is too new, don't know which versions of MythTV MythBox supports? Don't use it myself. Waiting for a real PVR integration with MythTV in XBMC.
ok, that maybe is root cause.
Does anybody know when real PVR integration should come? Is any plan available?

In my opinion MythTV is very good backend. Recordings handling via MythWeb is very good feature but XBMC is better client for frontend. After we will get those two system integrated to one then we have very good system.
Until now I need to use MythFrontEnd for watching recording and all others can be handled in XBMC.

But if someone know how to fix this problem please tell it to me Smile
Hello, I recently upgraded to mythtv 0.25 and now mythbox is broken. Is there a new release of mythbox that works with mythtv .25?
Also the add-on is broken in Frodo. Is anybody still maintaining the github version? Whenever I try to click a program name I get an error about ListItem and the following in the log:

Code:
18:47:10 T:140463185491712  NOTICE: <xbmcgui.ListItem object at 0x7fc044af2558>
18:47:10 T:140463185491712   ERROR: util.py:267 | MainThread | (<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>, KeyError(<xbmcgui.ListItem object at 0x7fc044af2558>,), <traceback object at 0x7fc044af1560>)
18:47:10 T:140463185491712   ERROR: util.py:268 | MainThread | CATCHALL_UI: Caught <type 'exceptions.KeyError'> exception <xbmcgui.ListItem object at 0x7fc044af2558> on method onClick
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/myth/Documents/team-xbmc/frodo-installed/share/xbmc/portable_data/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/util.py", line 265, in catchall_ui
                                                return func(*args, **kw)
                                              File "/home/myth/Documents/team-xbmc/frodo-installed/share/xbmc/portable_data/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/ui/recordings.py", line 132, in onClick
                                                self.goRecordingDetails()
                                              File "/home/myth/Documents/team-xbmc/frodo-installed/share/xbmc/portable_data/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/ui/recordings.py", line 498, in goRecordingDetails
                                                selectedProgram = self.activeGroup.programsByListItem[selectedItem]
                                              File "/home/myth/Documents/team-xbmc/frodo-installed/share/xbmc/portable_data/addons/script.mythbox/resources/lib/bidict/bidict.py", line 498, in __getitem__
                                                return self._fwd[keyorslice]
                                            KeyError: <xbmcgui.ListItem object at 0x7fc044af2558>
18:47:10 T:140464844240928   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------

I know that PVR support is now in Frodo and there are some myth-based PVR add-on (see this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...4&page=109), but none of the new versions currently support commercial skipping nor do they expose the advanced scheduling options, so Mythbox is still the only option on XBMC until the new mythtv PVR addons fully implement support at least to the level that Mythbox currently does.
Hoping someone can help. I'm using Eden and I'm trying to use mythbox as my frontend, but the video playback is choppy. Playback of other media in Eden works perfect, and I have no troubles with the mythtv frontend. I've tried playing around with the deinterlacing settings in mythbox, but can't seem to get smooth playback. I'm running all of this on Ubuntu 10.04, mythtv is .24, and I have an nvidia card with vdpau enabled. Let me know if any other info is needed. This is the one thing keeping me from using XBMC for *everything* I have.
what platform are you using XBMC on what are its specs?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4