• 2(current)
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!
Is it possible for the CBS plugin to select different qualities for streaming. For example, High Medium, and Low Quality?
The CBS website has changed a bit and these no longer pull up any videos on the TV Shows menu: as the world turns, the big bang theory (behind scenes clips work in popular), big brother, cold case, criminal minds, eleventh hour, family ties, game show in my head, ghost whisperer, grammys, guiding light, harper's island, hawaii five-0, late swho with david letterman, MacGyver, melrose place, the mentalist, new adventures of old christine, novel adventures, rules of engagement, survivor fantasy, two and a half men, victoria's secret (is accessable from popular clips), without a trace.

There are cateogories for Primetime, Daytime, Late Night, TV Classics, Movies Special Originals. I noticed they weren't working anymore when I went to check on MacGyver since I read today that all episodes are now available, but they must have moved the location because it no longer works when it was working a few days ago.
I'm on a soft-mod xbox using 1-25-09 t3ch.
MacGyver has figured out a way to get working again. I'm sure that a bobby pin, leaf blower, and honey-baked ham. However, the other shows still aren't showing up.

here's my log showing the mentalist doesn't work while macgyver does: http://pastebin.ca/1332887
I also tried watching NUMB3RS last night and couldn't.

Is the CBS plugin dead like Hulu? :-(
I just tried to play a few numb3rs episodes without issue. can you post your debug log?

I am sorry about the lack of updates. i am working on an updated version to address some of these issues.
New Version in first post
thanks for the update and this excellent plugin. This is the best way to get my MacGyver and Craig Ferguson fix. i'm really digging the new setup. you rock.
i agree goodjob

i just did a McGyver marathon. great show.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I did want to say i have some code where the 480p and 720p streams are working but the way the information is served from the website is very unfriendly for me sorting.

all the HD videos are served as one massive list(1380 right now) and i have to do all the sorting.

each version of the episode or clip(Normal, High Quality 480p, HD 720p) has a different pid and the 480p and 720p pids are only served in that massive list that i can find and all the processing is done by the browsers javascript. I was hoping to unload the sorting process onto the server like i currently do for Normal quality videos.

I am writing some code so i will have a separate HD/HQ category where i will download and parse the information when first run and store locally until you relaunch the category.

So right now the plan is to keep the current setup and then have an extra HD category that when launched will download and parse the shows into categories with their pids for you to browse through quickly and then you can select your video and then the quality level(480p and 720p). The current setup for normal quality videos will remain the same to keep things quick for users who won't use 480p or 720p streams.
There is a small bug when listing a shows with over 100 episodes(MacGyver)

It is caused by the episodes listings from the site will only list 100 episode max. To fix this I have changed how the plugin lists episodes. if it detects more then 1 season then it will give you a Seasons selection where you can select the season number and then browse the episodes for that season.

The default listing of episodes on the shows root will remain if there are only episodes from 1 season available.

I am going to get some sleep right but i will upload a new version with the seasons addition tomorrow after i bug test it a bit.
I uploaded a new version with various bug fixes and HD support.

More info in first post.
Using the Xbox with T3CH XBMC 2009-03-04 SVN rev18221, I'm able to get around 15-20 frames a second and the CPU hangs anywhere from 75% to 100% and averages about 80%. The audio is off by a couple seconds too, but the picture is gorgeous. I've had it freeze the xbox twice on me because I was messing with the buttons to pull up the stats. I just enabled the debug logging so that I can view the free memory, fps, and CPU in real time without pushing anything and I'm going to see if it goes all the way through. It's not looking too good though. Letterman has slowed to a crawl and is stuttering worse than Foghorn Leghorn. It's unbearable to watch after about 1 minute of video, but i'm going to see if it recovers or crashes. I've only got around 3000 kb of free memory now and i'm down to just under 4 fps.
I'm down to 250k of free memory, now 72k... jumped up to 812k... and now it booted me back to the plugin. whew that was rough. In realtime it took 18 minutes, but i think i only got about 2 minutes of tv time.

I've only got 3Mbps service here, so that could be adding to the problems. My debug log was way too huge to post to pastebin, so it's here to document my self-inflicted torture: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=70540...f6e8ebb871
nicoli_k: yea xbmc is unstable when handling the higher quality streams.

I submitted a bug report a while back about h264/aac over rtmp so hopefully some developer will take a look at it. It is across all platforms

I have tested the plugin a little on my appletv fairly recent svn of xbmc and it plays the Higher Quality material much better but then starts to suffers from the same problem. Maybe we can get some developers attention about the problem.

Some 720p episodes streaming direct to my tv sounds pretty nice.
I knew it was going to fail, but was wondering how long it would take to do it. I know the xbox is starting to show its age, but the rest of the plugin works perfectly. Hopefully there's some helpful info in the debug log to get the lower HD working with XBMC and possibly the xbox in some form. If anything, I found a way to help increase patience or lead you towards insanity.

Once again, thanks for the updates. It is highly appreciated.
BlueCop Wrote:nicoli_k: yea xbmc is unstable when handling the higher quality streams.

I submitted a bug report a while back about h264/aac over rtmp so hopefully some developer will take a look at it. It is across all platforms

I have tested the plugin a little on my appletv fairly recent svn of xbmc and it plays the Higher Quality material much better but then starts to suffers from the same problem. Maybe we can get some developers attention about the problem.

Some 720p episodes streaming direct to my tv sounds pretty nice.

Is it updated in the SVN Plugin Repository ?
Have you added epsidode information ?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!0