• 3(current)
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!
CrashX Wrote:Is it updated in the SVN Plugin Repository ?
Have you added epsidode information ?

I am in the process of trying to get the access to update the svn now. So hopefully it should be there by the end of today

What episode information do you mean? Sorry im slow
ok for some reason i was confused about what episode information.

I just added some code for available information in the videolists. which is duration, plot, series title, episode title, season number and episode number.

I just got added to the xbmc addons so i will commit the version in the first post to the svn. I will try to commit a new version later that i am working on now.
Awesome !!
I haven't been on my Xbox today, but tonight, I sure will give it a try. I've tried it on xbmc windows, but alas, I can never get hardly any plugins or scripts to work correctly in windows...

I will say this, I LOVE FAMILY TIES, and some of the others, so I hope this plugin doesn't "break"Big Grin
I started looking at other plugins for ideas for improvement. I liked the way hulu did alot of things so i stole some code for the way the plugin handles things and a couple icons. The rest of the code is like the old plugin.

The only difference an end user will notice is a speed up in using the plugin and the episode will play directly(except for 480p/720p selection)

I changed to the higher res thumbnails to make it look nicer in the gui. it will load the icons slightly slower now though.

The Late Night and Daytime shows are now listed with Show name + Date rather then the episode naming used for all other shows.

Various other fixes.

It is Committed to the SVN repo so try if out if you want. i will upload it to the first post when i am not busy.

here is the code if people want to browse it.
http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/tr...video/CBS/

I have been trying to fix all the bugs but you always miss some so please report any problems so i can try to fix them thanks.

I am going to work on making the HD section faster and more organized now.

CrashX: forgot to mention Episode information is added now too
Committed some more updates to the SVN repo

HD now has categories.
-added: Settings for Default HD Quality 480p or 720p
-added: Download options for clips streamed over http.
-added: Setting for High Res or Low Res thumbs
Just wanted to post that it's working for me now. I don't know why it didn't the last time I posted, but I upgraded to the latest in the svn repo, and it works great now.

Gotta say I'm SO happy to have season 1 of Macgyver available! We couldn't see it before, and I've been wanting to re-watch the first several episodes for YEARS. IMO, those were the best episodes of the series.
Couple of minor issues I see:

1) Is their any reason why it lists the show name and season information when you have already are in that particular season directory .. ie Macgyver

It lists as "MacGyver S06E114 - The Vistor"

I would expect it be listed as "The Vistor"

2) Make one Default Quality Settings -> 480, 720, 1080, ASK ( see hulu )
plugin )

3) Add to setting for default action like youtube plugin when media is selected ... Download, Play, Download and Play, Ask, etc
CrashX Wrote:Couple of minor issues I see:

1) Is their any reason why it lists the show name and season information when you have already are in that particular season directory .. ie Macgyver

It lists as "MacGyver S06E114 - The Vistor"

I would expect it be listed as "The Vistor"
I prefer to know the show name, season and episode information.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I will work on some options for the naming of the episodes and clips like you suggest.

Just to clarify do you mean only for the season lists?

Are there any other filename or structure suggestions?

CrashX Wrote:2) Make one Default Quality Settings -> 480, 720, 1080, ASK ( see hulu plugin )
The reason I have separate sections is because they provide the pids for the HD and non-hd programs completely differently. The two video sets do not contain all the same videos as well. So a video might exist in one and not the other.

I could integrate them but it would slow things down having to grab 2 sources

I put in a quality setting for the HD videos of 480p or 720p. it will default to asking if you don't have one set.

CrashX Wrote:3) Add to setting for default action like youtube plugin when media is selected ... Download, Play, Download and Play, Ask, etc
I have implemented this already in the newest svn. it only works for http videos and not rtmp. Its default setting is off. You can set it to Download automatically and Play or Ask to Stream or Download and Stream

since it is only for http videos it mostly only works with clips. there is no way i know of currently to save rtmp in python so i don't think we can save full episodes right now.

edit: i think i understand now. you want 5 mode options rather then the 3
What happens if I set both hd quality setting ? Would it find both and ask me to choose?
CrashX Wrote:What happens if I set both hd quality setting ? Would it find both and ask me to choose?

They disable the other when one is enabled.

if none are set then it asks you which type
Issue 2 And Issue 3 for mainly user GUI setting changes so that it is displayed to the user better in my opinion. I am trying to group setting into one with a drop down box.

I see the following plugin setting:

Default HD Quality 480P
Default HD Quality 720P
Ask for Download before playing video
Dowload and Play Video

I would merge these into two options in settings with a drop down box:

Default Qualty = ASK|480P|720P
Default Play Action = ASK|Download|Play|Download&Play

Is their any particular reason why you number the listings at the begining ... 1. Latest Video , 2 ...

Episode information is fixed but the show information isn't .. It is currently empty ..

Again wonderful job with a plugin ... Keep up the good work ..
Thanks for the suggestions. i wasn't aware you could use dropdown boxes for settings

When I added the numbering i was using it to make them appear at the top of the list. i think i have found another method to do that from another plugin so i will look into removing that. Sorry i am not a great programmmer =P

Show information is an issue because it isn't provided in the lists i have been using. i am looking at getting it from their about pages on cbs.com
BlueCop Wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. i wasn't aware there you could use dropdown boxes for settings

When I added the numbering i was using it to make them appear at the top of the list. i think i have found another method to do that from another plugin so i will look into removing that. Sorry i am not a great programmmer =P

Show information is an issue because it isn't provided in the lists i have been using. i am looking at getting it from their about pages on cbs.com

It is a spinner not "dropdown boxes" use type=enum
<setting id="quality" type="enum" lvalues="30015|30016|30017|30018" label="30004" default="0"/>

When you get the settings in your code it will return an integer 0-n depending on what the setting is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!0