• 5(current)
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!
nope i haven't noticed it. i was just now watching a mcgyver episode and before that a csi i had missed.

no problems at all.

please post more details.
And a pastebin debug log --> *hint* *hint*
Hi BlueCop!
Unfortunately, it does not work for me either Sad
As you said that you watched successfully McGyver I tried to do that on my xbox.
The lists of seasons is the last thing that works. When I try to get into one of seasons folders I get that message :

Python script failed:
special://home/plugins/video/CBS/default.py

here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/m26384107

Regards,
pX
pajretX: i think i can pinpoint your problem

"Location: Manchester / UK"
there are geo restrictions on the playback. you have to be in the USA.

check your pm if you want to try to assist me in bypassing the geo restrictions
Ah! coincidentally i have had the same problem which was driving me nuts!

I'm in Holland, so i understand that those geo restrictions also apply to me :-(

is there any way to bypass this?
unclepaulie: i am looking into this. you might just need to use a proxy to grab the smil file which contains the final rtmp links. they might have some geo restrictions on the rtmp server too though. i am not sure at the moment.
BlueCop: Thanx for the reply!

I have to look into that, i just recently discovered the plugins, so i'm new to this. As far as i've been able to find now, the only proxy i know if is veoh, but i bet there are more?

I want to watch MacGuyver! :-)
here's my cbs pastebin debugging output....

http://pastebin.com/m555c6fe4
lewis.donofrio: check your plugin settings and make sure 'Use DVDPlayer instead of regular player" is checked and try again.

the error in the log is because it is attempting to play the rtmp with mplayer which doesn't work for rtmp.

what svn revision are you using? it used to just default to dvdplayer if it detected it was a rtmp stream. now it seems that it will try to play it with mplayer but fail.

unclepaulie Wrote:I have to look into that, i just recently discovered the plugins, so i'm new to this. As far as i've been able to find now, the only proxy i know if is veoh, but i bet there are more?
i think i am going to have to add some options to the plugin for it to be easily bypassed. give me a little time. veoh proxy is used for something different. it won't be useful here.
I submit myself for public flogging - that was it......smack....Nod
Some of the shows, such as Cold Case, just have clips. Will it always be this way?
Blue Cop thanks for the plugin.

I noticed that on CSI New York that it only lists episodes 1-12 on the main screen, but when you select the most popular option you can get the remaining 8 episodes (S05E13-20).

Any ideas?
stonewall Wrote:I noticed that on CSI New York that it only lists episodes 1-12 on the main screen, but when you select the most popular option you can get the remaining 8 episodes (S05E13-20).
Any ideas?

thanks for the report. i wasn't aware of this. it seems after episode 12 they started adding the episodes to the "all episodes" videolist but not the correct season list. even though it reports from the server as having only 1 season. i have a check in the script and if the server reports only one season it will only list the one seasons videos and since post episode 12 weren't added to the season list they don't show up. anyway that's probably to much information.

I will rewrite it to stop trusting the server and actually check video counts to make sure all videos are listed.

after Lost goes off tonight i will try to correct it and make it smarter in the future for any inconsistencies in the cbs video lists.

snake Wrote:Some of the shows, such as Cold Case, just have clips. Will it always be this way?
I don't control the content so i can't answer this question.
it will only stream the content available on the cbs.com

if you find any differences in what is available in the plugin and what is available on the website then please report it to me and i will try to fix it.
Got it... Thanks! Sure enough, I check cbs.com and they are all clips. Bummer.
BlueCop,

I posted this in another thread in the Xbox forum, but I am starting to wonder if its a problem with the CBS and NBC scripts. I am having issues with the "Mythbusters" and "Ren and stimpy" plugins, but I think they are just broke.

On my Xbox, I am unable to stream video when I use the CBS and NBC plugins. Sometimes the xbox will lock up. Other times it will recover.

Every once in awhile I can get a show to stream. Usually not though.

Files on my media server stream just fine.

I have wiped and reinstalled the XBMC files. I have also updated all the plugins via the SVN Repo Installer. I've tried both default skins.

Running version: T3CH XBMC 2009-04-04 SVN rev19213-9.04-ALPHA1

I created this debug file by doing things I knew would work and then those I knew would fail.

Debug log is here: http://rafb.net/p/87ITf671.html

I should mention that I don't have as much trouble running these scripts on my Windows install.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!0