• 3(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux
i have a very funny problem ... i can not locate where vdr was compiled Smile
Will patched XBMC work with vdr-1.6.x? and streamdev-plugin?
thx
got it working, but face a few problems:
1. when compiling vdr i got some error and when i googled it, it turned out that im missing a library:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libcap-dev

2. found everything in place in /usr/local/bin and edited it, but when i try to sudo runvdr, i got an error saying that ')' is expected on line 30, so i changed it to the following:

Code:
VDRPRG="/usr/local/bin/vdr"
VDRCMD="$VDRPRG -E /etc/vdr -P remote -P streamdev-server -P sc -u root $*"

KILL="/usr/bin/killall -q -TERM"

DRIVERS="rmmod dvb_ttpci modprobe dvb_ttpci"

while (true) do
eval "$VDRCMD"
if test $? -eq 0 -o $? -eq 2; then exit; fi
echo "`date` reloading DVB driver"
$KILL $VDRPRG
sleep 10
$DRIVERS
echo "`date` restarting VDR"
done

took JayJay's advice and tried to change it to what i wanted to load with vdr

3. now vdrrun run's for one time, but:
a. i can not use my remote (nexus-s with hauppauge grey remote)?!
b. when i try to stop vdr with ctrl-z it stops but when i try to run it again, nothing comes out on my tv??

update: i thought i'd add these from my dmesg:
Code:
[   12.330016] dvb 0000:01:06.0: PCI INT A -> Link[LNKB] -> GSI 19 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
[   12.330044] saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem f883cc00 (revision 1, irq 19) (0x13c2,0x000e).
[   12.330059] firmware: requesting dvb-ttpci-01.fw
[   12.541488] DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev2.3)
[   12.577085] adapter has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:08:11:0b
[   12.912109] dvb-ttpci: info @ card 0: firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068, app 80f62623
[   12.912112] dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 0 supports CI link layer interface
[   12.960167] dvb-ttpci: Crystal audio DAC @ card 0 detected
[   12.962233] saa7146_vv: saa7146 (0): registered device video0 [v4l2]
[   12.963402] saa7146_vv: saa7146 (0): registered device vbi0 [v4l2]
[   13.221875] DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
[   13.222441] input: DVB on-card IR receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:08.0/0000:01:06.0/input/input6
[   13.222699] dvb-ttpci: found av7110-0.

maybe this could anyone to point out to me why my nexus remote is not working (it was working yesterday with a different compile of vdr)

there are a couple of things that look a bit weird to me, first the [v4l2] that is showing at the end of some of lines, this didn't used to be there, and then the last line.. what exactly is that, im not sure if this also used to be there before?
for the remote add to you runvdr after -Psc
-Premote

and to kill vdr it is ctrl + c not z
then launch the script again

but in use with xbmc you should not need the -Premote option for the remote plugins.

and try to modify runvdr to

------------------------
VDRPRG="/usr/local/bin/vdr"
VDRCMD="$VDRPRG -E /etc/vdr -Premote -P'streamdev-server' -Psc -u root $*"

KILL="/usr/bin/killall -q -TERM"

DRIVERS="rmmod dvb_ttpci modprobe dvb_ttpci"

while (true) do
eval "$VDRCMD"
if test $? -eq 0 -o $? -eq 2; then exit; fi
echo "`date` reloading DVB driver"
$KILL $VDRPRG
sleep 10
$DRIVERS
echo "`date` restarting VDR"
$VDRCMD
done
---------------------

the v4l2 is the name for the new v4l driver (Video4Linux)
and dvb-ttpci: found av7110-0 tell you that the module dvb_ttpci has found the card model av7110 number 0
JayJay .. no luck with the remote thing. i want to use it to configure vdr from its menus (besides it was working fine last night on another install i was trying)
mmmm
try to delete your remote.conf in your config folder then relaunch runvdr it should start to try detect and lern key for remote else it is your keyboard that act as "remote"
well .. i think i will do a fresh install - wanted to do that to get rid of all the messy things that were installed during my tests Smile ... will report back in few hours
megacrypto Wrote:well .. i think i will do a fresh install - wanted to do that to get rid of all the messy things that were installed during my tests Smile ... will report back in few hours

Dude,

Your going to be putting in a new hard drive as well, if you keep doing all these re-installs. Big Grin
Anyhow, Can this be Used with a regular pvr-150 and an stb (express vu in this case) with a Schedules Direct channel subscription.

thanks,

Dave
well .. i installed vdr from this guise http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50032 (i wanted to make sure that the remote was working and that i haven't damaged the ir-receiver) and well ... it works.

the problem with that install is that its all packaged so one can not really add / recompile or patch anything on it...

and rodercot: yes i know dude Smile it was not my intention to do all these formats, but with my little knowledge, one ends ups messing a whole lot of folders before one gets it right :o
still cant figure out the remote thing.. it works if i follow the guide in the above link, but it doesn't if i follow this guide ...!?!
When i patch the Streamdev look like this

Code:
cd /home/vdr/src/vdr/PLUGINS/src
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/var/cvsroot login
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/var/cvsroot co streamdev
wget http://trac.xbmc.org/raw-attachment/ticket/5595/streamdev-cvs050209_xbmc-v3.patch
patch -p0 < streamdev-cvs050209_xbmc-v3.patch

output
Code:
patching file Makefile
[b]Hunk #1 FAILED at 61[/b].
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
patching file server/connectionVTP.c
patching file server/connectionVTP.h
patching file server/recplayer.c
patching file server/recplayer.h
Oo
Do a
Code:
cvs update -C -D 2/5/09
before applying the patch.
I also got a problem.
I can see my channel list in xbmc, but I can't get a tv signal. When I click on a channel, nothing happens.
In xbmc.log there is the following suspicious line but I don't know how to fix that:
Code:
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [tv://3]
I am running xbmc with the newest patch from alwinus (r17664) and the backend is a patched vdr-1.7.2 with patched streamdev.

edit: Streaming to vlc is possible
im getting an error while trying to compile streamdev:
Code:
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/var/cvsroot login
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/var/cvsroot co streamdev
wget http://trac.xbmc.org/raw-attachment/ticket/5595/streamdev-cvs050209_xbmc-v3.patch
cd streamdev
cvs update -C -D 2/5/09
cd ..
patch -p0 < streamdev-cvs050209_xbmc-v3.patch

this is what i get:
Code:
Plugin streamdev:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mega/src/vdr-1.7.0-br/PLUGINS/src/streamdev'
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"streamdev"' -I/home/mega/src/v4l-dvb/linux/include -I../../../include -I. -o server/connectionVTP.o server/connectionVTP.c
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:119: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:124: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:119: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:124: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cLSTEHandler::Next(bool&)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:171: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:337: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:353: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:337: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:353: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cLSTCHandler::Next(bool&)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:381: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:404: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:445: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:449: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:457: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:445: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:449: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:457: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cLSTTHandler::Next(bool&)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:477: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:493: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
./server/connectionVTP.h: In constructor ‘cConnectionVTP::cConnectionVTP()’:
./server/connectionVTP.h:36: warning: ‘cConnectionVTP::m_LSTTHandler’ will be initialized after
./server/connectionVTP.h:30: warning:   ‘RecPlayer* cConnectionVTP::m_RecPlayer’
server/connectionVTP.c:501: warning:   when initialized here
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cConnectionVTP::CmdREAD(char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:800: warning: format ‘%u’ expects type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long unsigned int’
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cConnectionVTP::CmdPLAY(char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:857: warning: format ‘%lu’ expects type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘uint32_t’
server/connectionVTP.c:848: warning: unused variable ‘recordings’
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cConnectionVTP::CmdLSTR(char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:1218: error: ‘const class cRecordingInfo’ has no member named ‘GetEvent’
server/connectionVTP.c:1221: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but argument 4 has type ‘tEventID’
server/connectionVTP.c:1221: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but argument 6 has type ‘int’
server/connectionVTP.c:1221: warning: too many arguments for format
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cConnectionVTP::CmdFRAM(const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:1565: warning: unused variable ‘recording’
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cConnectionVTP::Respond(int, const char*, ...)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:1598: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int vasprintf(char**, const char*, char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[1]: *** [server/connectionVTP.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mega/src/vdr-1.7.0-br/PLUGINS/src/streamdev'

*** failed plugins: streamdev

make: *** [plugins] Error 1

sorry for the lengthy error output
I did patch with "patch -p1"
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux14