• 4(current)
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)
BLKMGK Wrote:Interested in doing this. However EnvyNG for 8.10 appears not updated in ages. The NVIDIA install instructions appear somewhat dire to include killing X\removing piles of files and the repo for 8.10 looks like it has 180 vs 180.29.

So, what are folks doing to get the latest NVIDIA drivers onboard smoothly? From the looks of the TRAC these changes are moving into mainstream code and I'd love to play with them on my machine!

Easiest IMO is to get the .deb packages from jaunty and install them in intrepid. They just work fine. Get all packages with 180 in them.

regards,
How much video ram do you green guys have?
motd2k Wrote:How much video ram do you green guys have?

It seems, that we use the same mobo (j0bro and I).
For me everything is default regarding video settings in the BIOS.

So you say we have to play with the video ram size?
I will check this out when I arrive home (If it is the problem, I hope it is possible to increase RAM allocated to video).
olympia Wrote:I am experiencing very similar issues with 1080p on r17786 as the following:

With auto refresh rate enabled: exactly the same experience with all x264 mkv

With auto refresh disabled: Some x264 mkv is working, but some is not (including killa sample), in this case I have the same experience again (collapsed/ garbled picture, while audio and OSD is OK)

Refresh rate changing still needs to be fixed, vdpau context needs to be recreated after refresh rate change.
olympia Wrote:For me everything is default regarding video settings in the BIOS.

Your default video ram is likely 128mb. You should increase it to 512mb.
Could someone with an onboard graphics card do some tests to see what is possible with 128, 256 and 512 MB?

Thx
olympia Wrote:It seems, that we use the same mobo (j0bro and I).
For me everything is default regarding video settings in the BIOS.

So you say we have to play with the video ram size?
I will check this out when I arrive home (If it is the problem, I hope it is possible to increase RAM allocated to video).
I will check at home as well, it is indeed possible to change the framebuffer size. I just checked the manual of the mobo, it can be set to 512 MB max.

Makes sense that this could be it, because 1080p takes up 2,25 times more pixels than 720p.
Asus P5N7A-VM + E8400
Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit
XBMC 9.11
I have an 8200 on-board, and the way it's currently coded *requires* 512MB to play 1080p h264 reliably.
I have a 9500GT 512MB, and it worked fine.
@motd2k

I am getting some really strange errors when compiling that I have NOT seen posted yet. Not sure if it is something on my end/xbmc related or if it is something to do with your work. I thought I should post it anyway. Cheers and thanks again for all the amazing work.

Code:
de/freetype2 -I/usr/include/SDL  Surface.cpp -o Surface.o
Surface.cpp:50: error: 'PFNGLXBINDTEXIMAGEEXTPROC' does not name a type
Surface.cpp:51: error: 'PFNGLXRELEASETEXIMAGEEXTPROC' does not name a type
Surface.cpp: In constructor 'Surface::CSurface::CSurface(int, int, bool, Surface::CSurface*, Surface::CSurface*, SDL_Surface*, bool, bool, bool, int)':
Surface.cpp:110: error: 'glXBindTexImageEXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:111: error: 'PFNGLXBINDTEXIMAGEEXTPROC' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:112: error: expected `;' before 'glXGetProcAddress'
Surface.cpp:113: error: 'glXReleaseTexImageEXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:114: error: 'PFNGLXRELEASETEXIMAGEEXTPROC' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:115: error: expected `;' before 'glXGetProcAddress'
Surface.cpp: In member function 'bool Surface::CSurface::BindPixmap()':
Surface.cpp:549: error: 'GLX_FRONT_LEFT_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:549: error: 'glXBindTexImageEXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp: In member function 'bool Surface::CSurface::ReleasePixmap()':
Surface.cpp:573: error: 'GLX_FRONT_LEFT_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:573: error: 'glXReleaseTexImageEXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp: In member function 'bool Surface::CSurface::MakePixmap(int, int)':
Surface.cpp:600: error: 'GLX_BIND_TO_TEXTURE_RGBA_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:616: error: 'GLX_Y_INVERTED_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:623: error: 'GLX_TEXTURE_TARGET_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:623: error: 'GLX_TEXTURE_2D_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:624: error: 'GLX_TEXTURE_FORMAT_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp:624: error: 'GLX_TEXTURE_FORMAT_RGBA_EXT' was not declared in this scope
Surface.cpp: In destructor 'virtual Surface::CSurface::~CSurface()':
Surface.cpp:756: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'Surface::GLXPixmap' from NULL
Surface.cpp:762: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'Pixmap' from NULL
make[1]: *** [Surface.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/XBMC/XBMC/guilib'
make: *** [guilib] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/XBMC/XBMC'

Errors have occurred!
I checked latest svn. Auto refresh rate change now works for most of the contents, but for some videos i get a lots of dropped frames, video playing way too fast moving way out of sync of audio. Framerate counter shows the framerate it should be played. Like the decoder would decode the movie in a different framerate than the renderer. If i set the default refresh rate according to that specific video than all is fine.

Other issue at least for me is with VC-1 m2ts files i am just getting a flashing green screen. Audio going CPU usage is like with other x264 videos. I am using 512mb RAM, killa decodes no problem.

Thanks for the works done Motd2k.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alanwww1 Wrote:I checked latest svn. Auto refresh rate change now works for most of the contents, but for some videos i get a lots of dropped frames, video playing way too fast moving way out of sync of audio. Framerate counter shows the framerate it should be played. Like the decoder would decode the movie in a different framerate than the renderer. If i set the default refresh rate according to that specific video than all is fine.

alanwww1, you were the quicker Smile
Exactly the same issue here.

I changed the default 256MB video ram to 512MB and now without autorefresh everything is fine, at around 5-10% CPU utilization. Motd2k, we can't thank you enough for this to you and all the devs.

However, with autorefresh I am experiencing the same as alanwww1, also in case of killa sample.
olympia Wrote:alanwww1, you were the quicker Smile
Exactly the same issue here.

I changed the default 256MB video ram to 512MB and now without autorefresh everything is fine, at around 5-10% CPU utilization. Motd2k, we can't thank you enough for this to you and all the devs.

However, with autorefresh I am experiencing the same as alanwww1, also in case of killa sample.

Does skipping and then contiuning the playback fix this issue?
bogey Wrote:Does skipping and then contiuning the playback fix this issue?

Yes! Nod
Rand - are you running jaunty? The vdpau headers are missing, they should be in /usr/include/vdpau - either you've not got 180.29, or you didnt install the -dev package if youre running jaunty. Theres mention of it a page or so back
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN)15