media flags info
Hi,
i've done a little bit of research about the media flags since i don't really like the way all the other apps are gettering their info about the movie and i got some few questions.
from what i've seen all the apps are taking some folder as the base folder and then start scaning al the containing folders names and parsing the tags they could getter from there, but as it turns out actually a lot of the info could be taken directly from the db itself no need to scan any of the folders, what i want to do is write some python script that can be run from within xbmc to scan the db and parse the tags directly from there.
but i got some question i need to be answered before i will dive in, i guess djh is the right man to answer that.
as i can see if we take for example the movie file name "Burn.After.Reading.720p.BluRay.x264-dts-REFiNED.mkv" then BluRay would be the intial format of the file, x264 would be the codeck and dts would be the sound quality, but what if we had a file with no special flags something like "ADAM_BEN_KELEV.avi" then we have no tags to parse.

now if i would read the tags inside the file not the ones that the file name supply, i mean directly from the file itself then i can getter the video codec name the frame rates the sound codec as well as how many channels, but as u can see there's no way of finding the bluray tag.

so here are the questions that i wanted to ask:
a - what are exectly the tags that aeon like to know about?
b - as said i could get all this info directly from the db, what if i'll wiil store few more fields inside the db could aeon or any other skin for that matter get them directly like for example if i'm goanna store them in fields called c21, c22, c23 and so on would the skin be able to get them(i really want to eliminate the need of the nfo file)?

probably i'll have few more but this is what i could think of right now,
anyway waiting for some kind of input before attempting to write it down.

good day.
motyR Wrote:Hi,
i've done a little bit of research about the media flags since i don't really like the way all the other apps are gettering their info about the movie and i got some few questions.
from what i've seen all the apps are taking some folder as the base folder and then start scaning al the containing folders names and parsing the tags they could getter from there, but as it turns out actually a lot of the info could be taken directly from the db itself no need to scan any of the folders, what i want to do is write some python script that can be run from within xbmc to scan the db and parse the tags directly from there.
but i got some question i need to be answered before i will dive in, i guess djh is the right man to answer that.
as i can see if we take for example the movie file name "Burn.After.Reading.720p.BluRay.x264-dts-REFiNED.mkv" then BluRay would be the intial format of the file, x264 would be the codeck and dts would be the sound quality, but what if we had a file with no special flags something like "ADAM_BEN_KELEV.avi" then we have no tags to parse.

now if i would read the tags inside the file not the ones that the file name supply, i mean directly from the file itself then i can getter the video codec name the frame rates the sound codec as well as how many channels, but as u can see there's no way of finding the bluray tag.

so here are the questions that i wanted to ask:
a - what are exectly the tags that aeon like to know about?
b - as said i could get all this info directly from the db, what if i'll wiil store few more fields inside the db could aeon or any other skin for that matter get them directly like for example if i'm goanna store them in fields called c21, c22, c23 and so on would the skin be able to get them(i really want to eliminate the need of the nfo file)?

probably i'll have few more but this is what i could think of right now,
anyway waiting for some kind of input before attempting to write it down.

good day.

The media flags will be in the database when the HD Flagging that captBry is working on is in the trunk, at that point the temporary solution we are using now to inject it into existing fields won't be necessary.

What we are doing with putting that data in the studio field for movies is a temporary thing, for those bleeding edge that like that data, it's by no means required
. It does write to the database, to an existing field that can be parsed and pulled by the skins.

If you wanted a place to look at how things are going to be I'd grab the HD Flagging Branch of xbmc.

The streamdata that you see in the .nfo files from MIP are the fields that are for the HD Flagging branch, they contain all the information about streams in the file.

here's that data
Code:
<fileinfo>
    <lastupdate>2009-03-31T23:58:19.5-08:00</lastupdate>
    <version>1.3</version>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>804</height>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <formatinfo>AVC</formatinfo>
        <duration>1h 37mn 19s 916ms</duration>
        <bitrate>6 772 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode>variable</bitratemode>
        <bitratemax>19 482 Kbps</bitratemax>
        <container>.mkv</container>
        <codecid>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>2.388</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>deu</language>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>1 536 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <language>eng</language>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>1 536 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <language>deu</language>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>eng</language>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
Regarding the 'BluRay', 'HD-DVD' and 'SDDVD' source tags these have to be part of the file name for Aeon to use them.
Hitcher Wrote:Regarding the 'BluRay', 'HD-DVD' and 'SDDVD' source tags these have to be part of the file name for Aeon to use them.
So am i right in thinking that studios is the only tag that is read from the .nfo or not?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hitcher Wrote:Regarding the 'BluRay', 'HD-DVD' and 'SDDVD' source tags these have to be part of the file name for Aeon to use them.

not necessarily .. a quick little mod to the Includes_MediaFlags.xml file and i got it pulling source info from folder name .. not file name Wink
paul Wrote:So am i right in thinking that studios is the only tag that is read from the .nfo or not?

That and all the media info if you've run MIP to update your movies.
fekker - Hi, so do i got it right? atm mip is already storing all the extra data in the db?
if so what would be the standard between aeon and mip, in what structure does aeon expects to find the data in the studio field?
and what about instead of scaning through the folders we could utilizing the db for file names and paths? something like:
select movie.c00, files.strFilename, path.strPath from movie, files, path
where movie.idFile = files.idFile and files.idPath = path.idPath

now the thing is that just about any media flagging app is written purely for win boxes and linux users cant really enjoy it.
and for htpc set-up it's extra annoying to use another set of apps just to take care of that, beside being the lazy guy that i'm i'd really like to do it from within xbmc using the remote, so wouldn't it be easier if the functionality would be ported to xbmc python script?
pletopia Wrote:not necessarily .. a quick little mod to the Includes_MediaFlags.xml file and i got it pulling source info from folder name .. not file name Wink

How do you do that mod? I've tried to figure that out without success. Tongue
just open up the Includes_MediaFlags.xml and replace all instances of 'filename' with 'foldername'

since at this point only the source is pulled from such a call it will not fuck up the rest of your flags .. i also changed all instances of sddvd to dvdrip since thats how i have my foldrenames setup
Hmm, i tried just that but it didnt work. Have to try agian Smile

*Edit
Nope, it didnt work this time either, it doesnt shows anything. Weird...

*Edit 2
I've got it to work now. I forgot to replace ALL "filename" and ALL "sddvd". I also also replaced "sddvd" with "xvid" instead of "dvdrip". Its not always it is a dvdrip, maybe its a dvdscr, R5, TC etc. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
media flags info0