• 5(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Roborob Wrote:Very nice program looks very good, and works very fast. Just one question, I see a lot of media scrapers but none of them downloads apple trailers, is it possible to download the apple trailer of the movie. Or is this not possible ?
Keep on the good work. Cool

Thanks. I'm not sure if it's possible to d/l apple trailers.... I don't use any trailers. lol I'll add it to the To Do list though.
WOW!

The 017 is the first version started to work @me Cool

Some comments:
- Personally I would like more if in the layout of the info tab, the plot would be included in the "middle view". I think you could change it with IMDB ID, Certifications, File Path, Plot outline which would be enough to display on the full info tab. This is just something to consider.
- Downloading posters and fanarts is very slow for some reason comparing to MC, and also there are far more less hit.
- what is the difference between "release date" and "year" on the edit details?
- Would be great to popup windows during/ after scraping to choose poster and fanart (I only tried the individual movie scraping yet, so I don't know how it is working with auto-pilot

I think it's enough for now Smile
olympia Wrote:- Downloading posters and fanarts is very slow for some reason comparing to MC, and also there are far more less hit.

Well, I think the key is:
http://www.movieposterdb.com

I think you should definetly include this one Smile
nul7 Wrote:Thanks. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
You can count on that as soon as I got time to manage my library Tongue

One thing about the Apple Trailers thing... I love to see trailers from the Apple site and that would probably be a good a idea for anyone who wants it (personally, I just care about the trailer if I don't know the movie, if I have it downloaded, than I don't need the trailer) but still, I think there are more important issues and things to be added than that... Just my 2cents on that matter.
17 works well for me, except for some reason full-auto update doesn't do anything (no log either), but update only-auto works. Not quite sure why this is, but using this mode it gave me fanart.jpg, movie.nfo and movie.tbn. Thats awesome! It's coming along nicely, works well and scrapes fast! I'm liking it... I think its about time to release it to my whole movie collection and have it clean the folders as well Eek

edit: ran it on a network folder, and it loaded the movies fine, but failed to clean the folders (auto-pilot:clean folders - folder.jpg, <movie>.tbn, <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>.nfo)

I ran it on a mapped network drive if that makes any difference, and this is the error I got:
Quote:Title: Error
Message: Conversion from string "" to type 'Long' is not valid.
StackTrace: at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToLong(String Value)
at Ultimate_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.FillInfo()
Date/Time: 5/7/2009 3:05:09 PM
===========================================================================================
Title: Error
Parameter name: path
StackTrace: at System.IO.Directory.GetParent(String path)
at Ultimate_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwScraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/7/2009 3:10:17 PM
===========================================================================================
GrinRoth Wrote:Would be very nice to have one bad-ass scraper application and get it multiplatform. I run linux only (dedicated xbmc linux box, but main pc also) and i think there would be many users like me and then there are a lot mac users too.

So my vote would go to 1 great multiplatform scaper application.

Other then that, keep up the good work!

Same here. Linux only. Luckily for emergencies I do have a Windows Virtualbox session I can use until a good multi platform interface surfaces. I did check this program out briefly last night and I really like the interface. It is my favorite out of the ones I have tried so far.

Keep up the good work! I will try the latest version when I have a chance.

Kevin
Keep an eye at this thread -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50388&page=10

It will probably take some time. Just letting you know there a people who agree and are willing to develop Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
This is the neatest manager I've come across yet.... its tidy and fast and does what it says on the tin!! superb.

I'm still playing with it, but a couple of comments so far:

1) would be nice to have a checkbox column for 'subtitles'
2) might be nice to have checkbox columns user specified files
3) it's not at all clear when a 'save' is happening... I think an explicit 'save button' after an edit is more reassuring (and less fearful that if you screw up, the app hasn't already saved it!)
4) might be nice to see all the 'active' artwork for a movie (fanart, poster etc)
5) not sure if there are 'glitches' in the handling of stacked movies... need to check this for sure

I must again say "SUPERB". It truly is. No criticism of the other efforts, but as you say some seem to have grown and grown and become difficult to manage. A rewrite is usually twice as simple, half the size, and twice as manageable.
After using it a bit for my whole movie collection, I really like how simple and quick it is to use. I do have a few comments though thus far which may already be in the works, but I just thought I would mention them:

1. Ignore the folder $RECYCLE.BIN
2. Maybe have the location of the selected movie displayed in the bottom status bar (ie h:\HD\movie)
3. Auto-rescan when, for instance, a movie is missing fanart and you add it manually
4. Have a 'recently added' checkbox above/below the list of movies for easy changes to new movies

Other than those for now, its working wonderfully for me! Good work
Ok, the issue with stacked movies is that <moviename> - CDx causes the app to assume there's no nfo, and no poster, although it does find fanart... strange!

In such a circumstance, the nfo will be <moviename>.nfo without the ' - CDx' part.

I think if you can omit the '-CDx' or ' - CDx' it'll work fine. You might have to check for all variants of stacking formats, but I think those two are the most common.

Another minor point... if you've downloaded an NFO for a file, or artwork etc via the app, then it might be worth updating the checkbox to show that it now exists (otherwise, you have to do a rescan to update the indicators correctly)

And finally (for the moment), it looks like you're using case sensitive string matching to see if NFO's and tbn's exist etc... I'd recommended insensitive matching, but I can see this might be deliberate too...

You did WANT feedback right? ;-)
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll sort through everything later tonight. I'm working on the code to extract video frames now. I had already written a complete API video player/frame extractor, but it didn't work on video types such as divx, mkv, etc. Sucked. Now I'm working with ffmpeg.... but it's sooooo slow. Does anyone have any suggestions??
nul7 Wrote:Thanks for all the feedback. I'll sort through everything later tonight. I'm working on the code to extract video frames now. I had already written a complete API video player/frame extractor, but it didn't work on video types such as divx, mkv, etc. Sucked. Now I'm working with ffmpeg.... but it's sooooo slow. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Make sure you grab key frames and not just any old frame! (You probably know this already, but just double checking).

Im loving the app though, it's being put to good use already
Well, I'd like to allow the user to select exactly which frame to extract. I've worked it all out though.... well, that is if nobody minds requiring directx to be installed. lol
nul7 Wrote:Well, I'd like to allow the user to select exactly which frame to extract. I've worked it all out though.... well, that is if nobody minds requiring directx to be installed. lol

How about you grab say 100 frames from across the entire timeline, and let the user choose 9? or whatever you feel is ok?

oh - fanart scraping isn't working (from the edit movie dialog) but poster scraping is.

oh oh - when you scroll through the movie list on the left hand side, the movie info on the right isn't updated.... it only works when you click on a movie in the left pane. (Might be by design to allow fast scrolling up the list?)
Why grab keyframes? There's no reason that a thumb on a keyframe would be any more relevant than a thumb on any other frame.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24