• 116(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
In the wiki you mention this type of streaming :512x288 VP6@512Kbs. I don't see this anywhere in the settings of the add-on?
old info. there are a variety of lower quality streams, but id have to check, but many are now disabled for the sake of keeping it simple.
Just been trying to watch some childrens programs on IPlayer and the streams disconnect. They are randon times ie 2 mins, 6 mins, 8 mins.
I am using ATV2 with Eden 11.0 Beta and Latest Iplayer Addon.

I have tried Level3, Limelight and Akaima but the stream still disconnects.

Does anyone have any idea's

thanks.
k_zeon Wrote:Just been trying to watch some childrens programs on IPlayer and the streams disconnect. They are randon times ie 2 mins, 6 mins, 8 mins.
I am using ATV2 with Eden 11.0 Beta and Latest Iplayer Addon.

I have tried Level3, Limelight and Akaima but the stream still disconnects.

Does anyone have any idea's

thanks.

your internet connection?
problem with your isp between cdn ?
bug in build ?
random something?

my best guesses Smile
hi all!
Wanted to ask if there is build of iplayer xbmc plugin that also includes streaming of other channels eg. C4, ITV etc...like the iplayer website canHuh?

Cheers and thanks to original coders:-)
Dok
Iplayer v2 addon relatively simple to install on Win7 home 64bit. Seems stable. Interface basic but straightforward to navigate and select program to view. Controlled using Xbmc remote on android phone. Good combination. Thank you. Clive
the iplayer website doesnt stream other channels afaik, it just links off to them. there are other plugins for other channels such as 4od, itv catchup (quality is lower than bbc), as well as tvcatchup for live tv from a variety of uk freeview channels.
Thanks to all that put this addon together. Its awesome. Works perfect on my atv2
Hi Exobuzz,

I'm getting script failed errors trying to play any BBC programmes on pre-eden pvr branch (jan 24th commit/build). My box is maverick-based, and programmes were playing fine on this box a few days ago, so not sure what's changed? I've paste-binned the attempt to play room-101 to give an example:

http://pastebin.com/XFi2CsRw

am open to suggestions on how to debug the problem further, let me know what you need me to try.....

thanks,

Jim

Update: Just wanted to say that switched to level3 and it's working. I was sure that I'd already tried all three streams before I'd posted originally, but maybe I missed this one? Hope the info helps someone else.....
Is anyone else currently able to play any videos here using a UK proxy from outside the UK? I'm able to play the BBC iPlayer videos using a web-browser proxy from here in Canada, but if I put the exact same proxy server into the plugin settings for this addon and then try to play anything, it just goes back to the list of available videos--no error, no nothing.

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/60P5qwFJ
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hi Canadave,
I was playing with this yesterday and was only able to get 2 or 3 channels working if i remember correctly. I'm from BC.
(wifes from Parrsboro N.S)
just in the process of redownloading a backup of my xbmc to the atv2 i'm playing with but I'll recheck in a little bit when it's finished.
canadave Wrote:Is anyone else currently able to play any videos here using a UK proxy from outside the UK? I'm able to play the BBC iPlayer videos using a web-browser proxy from here in Canada, but if I put the exact same proxy server into the plugin settings for this addon and then try to play anything, it just goes back to the list of available videos--no error, no nothing.

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/60P5qwFJ

try switching stream sources or get a vpn.
hey exobuzz many thanks for the plugin the mrs loves it but i was wondering could you explain what and from where i would have to edit/delete in order to REMOVE the live tv and radio options please, as in i dont want them to show up at all
im not coder i just fiddle lol iv got gedit installed to edit python

many thanks

paul
you can make it start on tv, which would sort of hide the radio. there isnt a way of hiding livetv without editing the source.
exobuzz Wrote:you can make it start on tv, which would sort of hide the radio. there isnt a way of hiding livetv without editing the source.

im all for giving that a go as i do not want the live tv or radio funtion at all in the plugin.
what file would need editing?

many thanks again

paul
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13