• 132(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Please find my iplayer log. APTV2. XBMC 11.0.4
Live streaming not working since the end 2012.

http://pastebin.com/CsxQ4x1Q
Strangely BBC2 live seems to work.
More strangely I got BB1 live working!
Lucky you!!!!
make sure you have stream source preferences set to akamai and the live streams should be fine. the limelight stream is no longer working it seems.
Hi

I habe just installed xbmcbunto with iplayer and itv player and whenever i try to launch a program in either it starts for about 1 second then goes back to the menu, is this the same problem others are reporting ?
Likewise livestreaming not working here either. Fresh RC3 install. Progress bar stuck at 50% and it dies.
(2013-01-11, 18:53)exobuzz Wrote: make sure you have stream source preferences set to akamai and the live streams should be fine. the limelight stream is no longer working it seems.

nope, not working
I'm still on Eden. Livestream is working on my setup.
(2013-01-11, 23:41)higgsboson Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 18:53)exobuzz Wrote: make sure you have stream source preferences set to akamai and the live streams should be fine. the limelight stream is no longer working it seems.

nope, not working

please enable debugging and paste a log.
(2013-01-12, 00:18)exobuzz Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 23:41)higgsboson Wrote:

nope, not working

please enable debugging and paste a log.

Here you go
http://pastebin.com/z2je4GRz

It's RC3, latest version of iplayer v2, w7
Works perfectly through website...
Using RC3 latest iplayer I have noticed;

akamai is playing live streams, but not catchup
Limelight playing catchup, not live streams.

higgsboson: your akamai rtmp link looks strange/wrong. it should be something like rtmp://cp96472.live.edgefcs.net:1935/live/?auth=etc etc swfurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf swfvfy=1 live=1 - are you in the UK ? in fact uour rtmp link is 146.185.24.67 which points to 92b91843.rdns.100tb.com. They do have a rtmp service there, but it's not akamai by the looks of things? so no idea why mediaselector is giving you that (or if something else is involved that is changing it like some proxy). For whatever reason that CDN doesn't work though. If mediaselector gives you that CDN instead of akamai and that CDN doesnt work, I don't know if there is anything I can do to fix it.

--

the other thing is there is a new mediaselector for bbc which they are using. I guess the old one is being phased out and this could be why the CDN rtmp streams are not working. The way the new mediaselector works is slightly different from the old one too.

The other problem is I am not very motivated to keep spending time on this plugin. there is some stuff I am looking at currently with patches from a contributor, but there is a lot of stuff that really need rewriting (such as live streams using the existing item object and iplayer2.py code rather than duplicating it). I also have too many other projects on.

I'm happy to receive patches if anyone else would like to spend time fixing up the live_tv.py code or making it redundant by using the stream selection code in iplayer2.py
(2013-01-12, 14:54)privado Wrote: Using RC3 latest iplayer I have noticed;

akamai is playing live streams, but not catchup
Limelight playing catchup, not live streams.

thats quite possible. bbc change this stuff around all the time too. they are constantly making changes to the service. it is incredibly patience testing to keep up with them.
(2013-01-13, 16:09)exobuzz Wrote: higgsboson: your akamai rtmp link looks strange/wrong. it should be something like rtmp://cp96472.live.edgefcs.net:1935/live/?auth=etc etc swfurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf swfvfy=1 live=1 - are you in the UK ? in fact uour rtmp link is 146.185.24.67 which points to 92b91843.rdns.100tb.com. They do have a rtmp service there, but it's not akamai by the looks of things? so no idea why mediaselector is giving you that (or if something else is involved that is changing it like some proxy). For whatever reason that CDN doesn't work though. If mediaselector gives you that CDN instead of akamai and that CDN doesnt work, I don't know if there is anything I can do to fix it.

--

the other thing is there is a new mediaselector for bbc which they are using. I guess the old one is being phased out and this could be why the CDN rtmp streams are not working. The way the new mediaselector works is slightly different from the old one too.

The other problem is I am not very motivated to keep spending time on this plugin. there is some stuff I am looking at currently with patches from a contributor, but there is a lot of stuff that really need rewriting (such as live streams using the existing item object and iplayer2.py code rather than duplicating it). I also have too many other projects on.

I'm happy to receive patches if anyone else would like to spend time fixing up the live_tv.py code or making it redundant by using the stream selection code in iplayer2.py

yup, uk, cheltenham area but i was abroad lately so it's possible that some of the proxy settings i was using for a bit got left behind.
I'll check it out. thanks for taking the time though! you've done more than enough and I'm very grateful!
If nothing else works there's always website for me so that's fine.
Cheers!
I admit I have not used this addon for a while but when I treid to use it the other night. I got problems with it only playing the first second of the program.

I am having problems with all my xbmc installs. I have tried my ATV, win7 & android. I have tried switching streams between akamai, livestream and level3. As an aside. when you go into the addon and you get the options "tv","radio" and "settings" the settings here doesn't work. you need to go into the xbmc main "settings > addons > video addons > iplayer > config" to change settings.

this is a current log file from my win7 12.0 beta2 install. which I try each stream type. I have tried the latest nightly on my android.

http://pastebin.com/Z4L1phTf

Many thanks for your help, time and efforts on the addon.
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13