• 145(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Hi

Currently have installed plug in ver 2.1.17 and still get the 'unable to fetch URL' error - tried editing the iplayer.py file to include the swf fix but this does not work for me. I had had it working before on margro's Frodo 2.1 build - but I have since installed his 2.2 with dsplayer build and its from here that it stopped working. Thing is I can open the url being fetched in firefox.

have the BBC changed locations again since then ?
I suspect that the location feed for BBC News has changed. Other channels work intermittently with akamai source only.
presumably then it would require another swf fix.
This has been working for me over the last few weeks; I did the SWF change mentioned previously and I'm running version 17

Some other problem perhaps?
No idea why live channels work then don't work - a BBC thing I think.
Have cured my issues - I had installed Margro's XBMC 2.2 with DS Player, went back to his 2.1 and Iplayer, ITV Player work ok - not bothered about live feeds as dont need that function
Exclamation 
In order to get live streams working in 2.1.18 I had to edit "iplayer2.py".

On lines 454 & 455 change the URL from "open.live.bbc.co.uk" to "www.bbc.co.uk".

Now live streams are working plus buffering and quality are better than 2.1.17. However, still not as solid / reliable as a web browser.

Just to be clear, this is not to fix script errors. My problem was constant loading (no video playback) or rapid return to menu with no error or video playback.

FYI: I'm running Frodo on a windows XP machine.

Hope this helps, cheers Mate!
Sadly, no. Just get a script failure!!! Grrrrrrrr.
(2013-10-25, 19:02)castalla Wrote: Sadly, no. Just get a script failure!!! Grrrrrrrr.

For me thats an indication something else is wrong. If your not in the UK is your proxy workng? Can you stream from a browser on the same system?
All other variables unchanged - 2.4.17 works. Browser works.

Can't get BBC News at all - other streams work on 2.4.17

Baffled.

(if the stream speed is set to auto in 2418, then there's no script error - but the stream loads and then freezes on the loading screen).
anyone know why i'm getting the "opening stream" dialog box on my screen the whole time i use any stream from this addon? it means there's a pretty big rectangle in the middle of the screen that i can't see lol.

here's my log, im on an android box (called atv1200) but i know everyone else using this box is using the bbc addon just fine.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80530
I have noticed recently using Openelec 3.2.3 the streams can stutter and at points can be almost unwatchable. Seems like not enough buffering is happening - I am on a decent connection and other online streams like YouTube work fine. Has anyone got advice please?
Hi Guys - Hope you can help...... is there a way of automatically running the iplayer addon and launching bbc news live stream from boot - got this installed on raspberry (openelec) and want to stream live news feeds. Thanks in advance..
(2013-11-06, 03:42)thebearnecessit Wrote: anyone know why i'm getting the "opening stream" dialog box on my screen the whole time i use any stream from this addon? it means there's a pretty big rectangle in the middle of the screen that i can't see lol.

here's my log, im on an android box (called atv1200) but i know everyone else using this box is using the bbc addon just fine.

Can you try checking System -> Video -> File Lists please? What option do you have set for Default Select Action? Mine was originally set to Show Information but BBC Iplayer always kept display "Opening Stream" dialog stuck at 80%. Changing the value to Play seems to have cleared it for me.
(2013-11-26, 16:06)jackyaz Wrote:
(2013-11-06, 03:42)thebearnecessit Wrote: anyone know why i'm getting the "opening stream" dialog box on my screen the whole time i use any stream from this addon? it means there's a pretty big rectangle in the middle of the screen that i can't see lol.

Can you try checking System -> Video -> File Lists please? What option do you have set for Default Select Action? Mine was originally set to Show Information but BBC Iplayer always kept display "Opening Stream" dialog stuck at 80%. Changing the value to Play seems to have cleared it for me.

That fixed it, great thanks.
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13