• 186(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Hi,

I have the latest versions of Openelec and the BBC iPlayer plugin.

I find that about 20 seconds into streaming a show the application will quit streaming and return to the previous menu screen.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

David
Exobuzz the newest version works well for me (video). No freezing. Speedy search and load. Thank you!
Thanks! Smile

Any timeout issues regarding the streams are unfortunately out of control of the plugin.
Just curious, this may have been asked before, but is there a way to take the Live TV part and feed that into some sort of Live TV playlist? I don't have a capture card but would love the option to use the EPG on Kodi with this add-on.

Again, sorry if this has been asked before.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Ive now upgraded to XBMCBuntu 13.2 and your 2.6.10 version is working quite nicely....thanks

But How do I get the Live local radio stations working.
The national stations work OK But would be good if the local ones did too.
If we are playing away and there is no TV coverage our local radio station BBC radio Leicester cover the match but only on DAB ( iPlayer live)

Is it just a matter of entering the stream info in a config file somewhere.
Still having problems even after I tried the suggestion mentioned here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1852547

To reproduce all I do is launch iPlayer, select categories, Factual, scroll down a few pages, try to play something, then it instantly freezes. Nothing in the logs at all, the logs just stop writing as soon as it freezes.

I have tried disabling the cache as well, problem persists. Yet if I go into a smaller category, like a sub cat (such as Factual - History), it works fine. So it seems related to how big the category is.

For info the only change I have made is increasing the time-out to 60 seconds to allow the categories to load as Factual (one I use most) timed out. Can anyone offer help please?

Thanks Smile

--Update - I have for the first time been able to watch something but it took ages to load, so could it be more a Nitro issue rather than a Pi issue? Does anyone know what Auntie's doing to speed up their API on this? Ta Smile
(2014-12-05, 22:18)laptopu Wrote: To reproduce all I do is launch iPlayer, select categories, Factual, scroll down a few pages, try to play something, then it instantly freezes. Nothing in the logs at all, the logs just stop writing as soon as it freezes.

Are you able to connect using ssh while it is "frozen" - you need to distinguish between a complete system lock up rather than Kodi simply being busy crunching data. Some information from top would also be helpful while Kodi is frozen, assuming you're able to connect with ssh.

In case it's a memory issue, I would advise running bcmstat to monitor your memory consumption while using iPlayer.

As a test to see if it makes any difference, try reducing gpu_mem to 128 or even 96 so that more RAM is available to the ARM processor. Also consider enabling swap (if you're using one of my OpenELEC test builds, running "configrpi256.sh" will configure your Pi with 128MB swap).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-03, 23:29)mentat Wrote: 2. I created an advancedsettings.xml in userdata as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

After making these changes, I can watch high quality BBC and ITV streams without any stuttering, freezing, or restarts.

I tried adding those network settings but then, when I started a movie streaming from an app on my tablet, sent to XBMC via Yatse, it buffered endlessly. It got to 27% before I manually pressed play and then it started but stuttered a few times and after maybe 45mins started buffering again. Then it just stopped playing about 3/4 of the way through the movie and I couldn't be bothered to try again.

When I watched a movie the same way last night, before changing the settings, it just buffered to 2-3% before it started and played all the way through without issue. The network may have been slower tonight but that doesn't explain why it buffered so much without starting.

Running Gotham stable release if that matters.
(2014-12-03, 23:29)mentat Wrote: ...
<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

After making these changes, I can watch high quality BBC and ITV streams without any stuttering, freezing, or restarts.

ITV? Did I miss something?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
2.6.10 does not work. On my FireTV I get 20 seconds of video then a freeze
(2014-12-06, 08:53)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 23:29)mentat Wrote: ...
<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

ITV? Did I miss something?

I was having issues with timeouts, stuttering, and XMBC/KODI restarts on my Raspberry Pi, when streaming from (any) online sources/providers (including the BBC using this plugin) and did some reading here...

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

After testing several values in the advancedsettings.xml, I found the best (for me) were those listed above.

I offered them here, as I thought they may help other BBC plugin users (as well).
The advancedsettings file seems to be working for me now. I'm going to try ITV next. Smile
(2014-12-06, 10:42)rocketr Wrote: 2.6.10 does not work. On my FireTV I get 20 seconds of video then a freeze

2.6.10 works fine on my FireTV
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
Hi,

A huge thanks for the excellent work on bringing this add-on back from the dead.

Tried it last night, all good (did the old one show regular live in HD automatically? If not, nice!) apart from the episode counts. I've been using Chrome in kiosk mode (via AdvancedLauncher) when the old one stopped working, and my daughter watches a couple of CBeebies shows a day. I noticed that Alphablocks had 22 available last night via Chrome, but the add-on only reported 5.

Thanks again.
Hi Guys,

I'm on the latest release 2.6.10, live stream doesn't appear to work for me, I am seeing error 22 when trying live streams, non-live streams are working fine...

23:03:26 T:4264 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://vs-hds-uk-live.edgesuite.net/pool...00000.m3u8
23:03:26 T:4264 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://vs-hds-uk-live.edgesuite.net/pool...00000.m3u8
23:03:26 T:4264 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

Any ideas ?

Cheers

G
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13