• 10(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
You the man, stuck that build on my test box and the live tv streaming works perfect now.

Iplayer script is even more completely awesome. News 24 in the kitchen now!
I've installed the latest release of this onto the linux R20654 may 25th xbmc release.

Also running mediastrem 0.97 skin.

It works flawlessly - however the video is not stretched to full screen and instead runs at (presumably) it's native resolution in the upper left of the screen.

Anyway to get it to run full screen?
On the xbox you can just resive it using the centre key on the remote but - it works fine anyway without needing to from what I can see at the xbox aqt least.
This plugin plays flash-based videos right? (or at least, iPlayer uses flash video).

Using this plugin on linux/live, does it use VDPAU to play the video? (in other words, can we get hardware accelerated video playback of HD flash content using XBMC Live?

thanks.
Yes it uses VDPAU.
Sad

Script seems to be completely broken at the moment, cach up episodes + live tv and radio streaming all broken. Running on xbox suggested build to get the live tv working.
working fine for me
Mines running fine as well. Latest iplayer (IPlayer-2009-08-25.zip) and latest T3ch build of XBMC for XBOX (released yesterday 2009-09-23 SVN rev23095).

http://t3ch.yi.se/

It worked fine before as well with 2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon and a recent iplayer version

Cheers

alera Wrote:Sad

Script seems to be completely broken at the moment, cach up episodes + live tv and radio streaming all broken. Running on xbox suggested build to get the live tv working.
I just upgraded to get the ability to step through the stream, but I'm not having much luck.

The first 10 minute step I do (Up on the XBOX remote) takes effect after a few seconds (I presume it empties the buffer), but any subsequent stepping just crashes the XBOX.

And I have absolutely no idea how I can enter a destination time using the XBOX remote - can anyone help here?
Are you on a recent build? See http://217.118.215.116/
If so can you post the log

Cheers
Dink

Pervigilo Wrote:I just upgraded to get the ability to step through the stream, but I'm not having much luck.

The first 10 minute step I do (Up on the XBOX remote) takes effect after a few seconds (I presume it empties the buffer), but any subsequent stepping just crashes the XBOX.

And I have absolutely no idea how I can enter a destination time using the XBOX remote - can anyone help here?
-----------------------------------------
BBC IPlayer[url=http://drop.io/xbmcdink][/url] Plugin
So is tracking, resuming and bookmarking supposed to be working under Linux? I am having problems with doing these things on Arch Linux. Fast forward is not very helpful either in getting back to where I want to resume the program (the time indicator is not right and it often exits the stream). I also got the wrong episode of a program once (it was fine in the web player but in xbmc it linked to ep 1 when i clicked 3).

Apologies if I missed something trawling through the forum threads if this was already covered somewhere. Apologies also if i missed something obvious as I havn't been using XBMC very long and this is the first and only python plugin I am using.

I am happy to file issues over at google code in more detail if it turns out these features are supposed to be working.

Thanks for the work devs! It looks very promising!
tracking - can you elaborate?
resuming - not yet supported you have to manually skip to a location
bookmarks - yup supported, each "directory" location within the plugin is a unique bookmarkable location.

Fast Forward - best to use skip with a stream. fast forward assumes you can download at a much increased pace whereas skip is just a jump to a new location.

wrong episode - can you supply details, specific programme and episode please.

Cheers
Dink

kasbah Wrote:So is tracking, resuming and bookmarking supposed to be working under Linux? I am having problems with doing these things on Arch Linux. Fast forward is not very helpful either in getting back to where I want to resume the program (the time indicator is not right and it often exits the stream). I also got the wrong episode of a program once (it was fine in the web player but in xbmc it linked to ep 1 when i clicked 3).

Apologies if I missed something trawling through the forum threads if this was already covered somewhere. Apologies also if i missed something obvious as I havn't been using XBMC very long and this is the first and only python plugin I am using.

I am happy to file issues over at google code in more detail if it turns out these features are supposed to be working.

Thanks for the work devs! It looks very promising!
By tracking I meant seeking or what you call "skipping" to a specific time in the stream. How do you do this?

Can you bookmark a time within a stream? My bookmarks seem to be disappearing.. maybe this is due to something else.

The wrong episode seems fine now. I think I may have gotten confused since I was trying to fast forward the stream which tended to crash it and the episode reused alot of footage from another episode. False Alarm!

dink Wrote:tracking - can you elaborate?
resuming - not yet supported you have to manually skip to a location
bookmarks - yup supported, each "directory" location within the plugin is a unique bookmarkable location.

Fast Forward - best to use skip with a stream. fast forward assumes you can download at a much increased pace whereas skip is just a jump to a new location.

wrong episode - can you supply details, specific programme and episode please.

Cheers
Dink
kasbah Wrote:By tracking I meant seeking or what you call "skipping" to a specific time in the stream. How do you do this?

Within the video stream use the right arrow key to skip forward 1 minute and the up arrow key to skip forward 10 minutes. Down and left do the opposite.

kasbah Wrote:Can you bookmark a time within a stream? My bookmarks seem to be disappearing.. maybe this is due to something else.

Not as far as I'm aware. The resume functionality is as close as it gets on XBMC but that isn't available on RTMP streams.

Cheers
Dink
dink Wrote:Within the video stream use the right arrow key to skip forward 1 minute and the up arrow key to skip forward 10 minutes. Down and left do the opposite.

This does not work. It simply interrupts the audio and video , i.e. you get a gap in the audio and the image freezes shortly, but does not skip forward. Fast forward works better! Should I file an issue about this?

Thanks alot for your help dink!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13