• 53(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
thanks mate,

now reading http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70731 :-)

will shout if I make any progress
hmmmm, is the 2nd required argument the add-on id/name?
Quote:4. xbmcplugin module has some changes.

4.1 xbmcplugin.getSetting grows in parameters from 1 to 2. now a call looks like this:
Code:

pluginhandle = int (sys.argv[1])
settingvalue = xbmcplugin.getSetting ( pluginhandle, "downloadpath")

4.2 xbmcplugin.openSettings disappears. Don't know new option for this yet.

If you want I can keep updating this until official word from developers..

working.......
I've gotten a bit further, opened default.py in notepad and replaced all instances of...

"xbmcplugin.getSetting("

to...
"xbmcplugin.getSetting(int (sys.argv[1]), "

doing this can now browse all shows to episode level but don't seem to be able to play the streams, not much of a coder so not sure if I'll get much further than this myself.

***edit***
live tv and radio actually works, previously shown stuff doesn't seem to for me though?
unable to access settings either, according to the previous link xbmcplugin.openSetting has been dropped which may cause this, don't know if this could impact streams also?
hi - i managed to get video streams to play last night but no audio and a couple of streams seemed to play at double speed. As you i've replaced all the xbmcplugin.getSetting( with xbmcplugin.getSetting(int (sys.argv[1]), - i replaced all occurances in default.py and lib/iplayer2.py . My addon.xml is pretty much identical to the one above. Also you can access the plugin settings via xbmc settings > addons > enabled addons > media sources > iplayer
I've done similar and getting radio, but no live or tv....

Same with opensettings

grrrrr :-)
Are you using the latest version that was released late yesterday?

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list
yip, will have another go this evening.

Can anyone confirm if the RTMP goodness is in source (using 64 lucid and compiling)
I get the same behaviour with the new release - after adding the second parameter to all the getSettings in default.py and lib/iplayer2.py, i just get video streams without audio. Not sure what area to look at in the plugin to be honest, but if anyone has any pointers.
Ok,

got this working with latest greatest svn, self compiled.

Made changes as per everyone else in default.py and iplayerv2.py for 'getSettings'

But...... I also had to compile librtmp.so and sym-link it into /usr/lib from /usr/local/lib

al la

Quote: Originally Posted by davilla View Post
easy pleasy,

cd into xbmc trunk dir

cd lib/librtmp
make
sudo make install

then do the standard

./bootstrap
./configure

check that librtmp was picked up by configure

make
sudo make install

also with Hitchers addon.xml.

this seems to have sorted it for me.

Ubuntu Lucid 64 - revision 31616
Nice bionicmunky could you upload it somewhere please.
here you go

unzip in addons directory, please let us know if it works for you too, don't forget the rtmp bit.
Thanks mate very kind.
bionicmonkey, sorry if i just stole bandwidth off you but ive downloaded the zip file from you to compair with my default.py and iplayer.py (i was getting a timeout error telling me that i had to have a a float instead of "timeout" - line 1091 in default.py)

In any case, with your video.plugin.iplayer i can view all the lists etc but of course i have a ppa svn release of xbmc which does not include rtmp support.

Guess ill be off to compile my own version.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13