• 60(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Using 9.11 Camelot on a desktop with Windows 7 64-bit and the workaround based on get_iplayer, as mentioned here back in March & April - which works fine.

Is there a way to record using the iPlayer plugin?
exobuzz Wrote:Not noticed this - I watched some programmes last night and the thumbnails seemed to be ok but I might have missed something. Please post bugs to the iplayer plugin site though (with debug log).

very sorry, after updating to your current build i noticed the thumbnail setting had somehow got set to None - doh! put it back to Large and it works fine, thanks again for the good work. enjoying the 1500k streams at 720p with <thumbsize>256</thumbsize>
parrydave Wrote:Hi
Great plugin, been waiting to get iPlayer up and running for ages. I have a question/problem. When navigating through the iPlayer menus, it takes a very long time to load categories/program lists etc. I get the "Directory Loading" dialog for a couple of minutes each time. Internet speed is fine (3.5Mb/s) and I can happily get HD streaming through iPlayer, just every navigation step seems very slow. Is this normal or do I have a problem? I'll try to add a debug log in case it helps....
Thanks

Same problem here, did you sort this out?
No not yet. I need to post a log file. What I have noticed however is that I have a similar problem on Apple Movie Trailers and You Tube, but to a far lesser extent. It seems that the the connection hangs before the directory is updated. Once updating, it is as fast as I would expect. For iPlayer, the delay can be a couple of minutes, for the other plugins, can be 10-30 sec delay.
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
maybe its the way xbmc handles the new addon system and not iplayer specific as you already said other video addons lag as well Rolleyes

paul
Does this new addon iplayer work on mac?

Or put another way it don't work on any of mine, when clicked it immediately says 'script failed!'

And as a favour could this thread not be split. I have no idea when this particular new iplayer came into existence and it does not appear to be related to the original thread.
parrydave Wrote:No not yet. I need to post a log file. What I have noticed however is that I have a similar problem on Apple Movie Trailers and You Tube, but to a far lesser extent. It seems that the the connection hangs before the directory is updated. Once updating, it is as fast as I would expect. For iPlayer, the delay can be a couple of minutes, for the other plugins, can be 10-30 sec delay.

Apple Trailers is ok for me at about 10 seconds, iPlayer is 60 secs each load so about 6 mins before I get down to watch something, what OS are you on.
FYI - the newer svn builds on Dharma branch are broken with the below debug errors. I haven't tried trunk revision, but the source is probably the same at this point. This affects the nightly builds on OSX and from-source build on XBMCLive. I reverted to version r32121, and everything appears to be working again.

Debugging snippit:
http://pastebin.com/bU9gzq2z

Yea, Top Gear!
if you turn off the "dialog window" from the settings it should work. I suspect this is a xbmc bug, or they have changed something and not yet informed people of what they need to change in their scripts.
Wow, nice update. The lists load super fast for me now.

Thanks.
Hmm I didn't change anything related to the lists in the last version, just added rtmpt support (port 80) for the streams. odd.
xbmc changed. we removed a bug where the gfx context was locked when the progress bar was updated, forcing everything to be locked to 60fps (if vsync'd). lock removed, now those updates run at full speed.
ahaa i see thanks. I'll also be making an update to the iplayer plugin again shortly as ive just seen that the http cache wasnt working. Should improve things also.
Thanks all round then.
Hitcher Wrote:Wow, nice update. The lists load super fast for me now.

Still about 60 seconds for me
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13